Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA Forum

Introduce Yourself

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 09 January 16 at 21:41
Say hello to the other members of "Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA" in this thread
METAL P
METAL P
Posted on 10 January 16 at 02:12
What's up everyone
PERRY MUIR
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:02, Edited on 10 January 16 at 03:02 by invuln3r4bl3
hey guys!

this leaderbord is new to TA. as the description says we want to get rid of those unobtainables. for this to realise we need to get as much people as possible in the boat to convince TA to make a site-poll.

so feel free to recommend this leaderboard to all of your friends and if you want you can set the link of this leaderboard-site as your new status to reach more people. attention is key!

please also visit the following thread to do so and leave comments... :D
Discounting Unobtainable Achievements From Total Gamerscore
Current Future
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:27
Hello everyone,

First let me say that whomever is responsible for this idea, I will name my first born after you.*

*Fairly hollow offer, as I am sans a significant other at this time.
Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
PiCkLE SQU1D
PiCkLE SQU1D
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:41
I 100% for this, let's make it happen. Now I can stop creating those pointless leaderboards for completing everything in a game but the unobtainables.
'Twas I who fucked the dragon Fuckalizing fuckaloo And if you try to fuck with me Then I shall fuck you too
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:50
I would join and support this if it was a user based option. I don't want things I see as false stats forced upon me.
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 10 January 16 at 05:38
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:I would join and support this if it was a user based option. I don't want things I see as false stats forced upon me.I agree with you whole heartedly
Kane no1 of the 7

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 16 at 10:07
I would prefer this to be site-wide for everyone but I'd be happy enough with the personal option to include or exclude unobtainables from your own games completions.

Quoted from the original thread.

o DEEVIUS o said:At the end of the day this is no different than the whole DLC debate. Some people believe that DLC is part of the game, others believe it is not. Technically, neither side is wrong, we just have different views. TA decided to call a vote and split the difference by offering everyone the option of choosing what they prefer on their own gamercard.

Here, again we have some people that believe a game is complete when all possible achievements are unlocked, others believe it is not.

It's obvious we have a difference of opinion here, and the only resolution would be to call a vote:

Option 1 - Things remain as they are; Unobtainables are required for a game completion and so those games can never be classed as complete on TA.

Option 2 - A site-wide change to allow games with unobtainables to be classed as complete when all achievements possible are unlocked. (This incidentally, would still require discontinued and buggy achievements to be unlocked, and allow for the same DLC inclusion settings).

Option 3 - The same as the current option for DLC inclusion; anyone can choose to include or exclude unobtainables from their game's completions. People would view other's games and stats as their own settings, the same as DLC is now.

With option 3, all that would change would be anyone who had completed a game to its fullest extent possible (all achievements except unobtainables) would have that game classed as complete on their card. 100% would be shown to all those with the same settings for those games, and their completion percentage badge would show not only the DLC settings like now, but also 'Includes or Excludes Unobtainable achievements', and the game will be allowed to be displayed in their Trophy Case.

In any option; Unobtainable achievements would remain on the site, game pages, achievement pages, guides, links etc concerning them would remain unchanged.

With option 3 the only difference would be that; any who wish to do so would consider any of their games with Unobtainables to be complete if they have unlocked every other achievement and can complete the game no further.

Everyone is just as happy as they are now with the DLC settings, each to their own, so to speak.
I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 10 January 16 at 11:31
Current Future said:Hello everyone,

First let me say that whomever is responsible for this idea, I will name my first born after you.*

*Fairly hollow offer, as I am sans a significant other at this time.
originally KJT CD ACD already had this idea in 2012. i also had this idea a few days ago and searched in the forums and found this thread which was wxactly what i wanted to point out: Discounting Unobtainable Achievements From Total Gamerscore

i decided to give it a try and created this leaderboard because otherwhise no one will hear us. o DEEVIUS o is also a big help.

well... what i wanted to say... i don't know KJT CD ACD's real name, but mine is Dustin... ;)
but i would prefer another one for your child so it doesn't suffer in its childhood to much... laugh
Hotzoglou
Hotzoglou
Posted on 10 January 16 at 13:29
Awesome leaderboard here. Hopefully this gets proper recognition and is taken seriously by TA and the site Admins.

One question though. I want to post this, Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA, into my status but it shows the full HTML when I do. What do I put in there to make it look right?
Get wrecked.
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 10 January 16 at 13:33
Hotzoglou said:Awesome leaderboard here. Hopefully this gets proper recognition and is taken seriously by TA and the site Admins.

One question though. I want to post this, Discounting Unobtainable Achievements On TA, into my status but it shows the full HTML when I do. What do I put in there to make it look right?
i copied just the html into he status. hope this helps... ;)
Hotzoglou
Hotzoglou
Posted on 10 January 16 at 13:37
That works nicely, thank you!
Get wrecked.
invuln3r4bl3
invuln3r4bl3
Posted on 10 January 16 at 13:39
Hotzoglou said:That works nicely, thank you!no problem. thanks for your support... :)
Current Future
Posted on 11 January 16 at 14:45
invuln3r4bl3 said:well... what i wanted to say... i don't know KJT CD ACD's real name, but mine is Dustin... ;)
but i would prefer another one for your child so it doesn't suffer in its childhood to much... laugh
I'd take Dustin over Aaron any day of the week... well maybe not any day, but you live with something for 36, close to 37, years it'd be nice to make a change.
Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
Doktor Brun
Doktor Brun
Posted on 12 January 16 at 19:39
This is an excellent idea! Particularly considering most of the games described are likely to be the annualised titles that have inevitable server closures. smile
"Lasers improve everything...well except Alderaan"
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 13 January 16 at 03:26
Doktor Brun said:This is an excellent idea! Particularly considering most of the games described are likely to be the annualised titles that have inevitable server closures. smileThose would be discontinued. >.<
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.