Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DC Universe Online Is Making Its Way To Xbox One

• dudecrazy108dudecrazy108467,794
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 11:06
    Will it be free though like it is on Steam?
    Furious Gunman:Let's face it, we all know that dudecrazy108 is the pimp of TA.com
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 11:18, Edited on 13 January 16 at 13:53 by Its Just Rave
    dudecrazy108 said:Will it be free though like it is on Steam?I think I read somewhere that it would be. Plus a new update means PS4 & PC get cross platform play. But as per usual the Xbox is all alone. Really hope this gets changed soon, for Rocket League & Ark... hell even SMITE.

Speaking of which I should check there is a feedback topic for this and get voting.
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy909,021
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 12:00
    I played a fair bit of City of Heroes when that was still around and have been eyeing up DC Universe Online for a while - seems like this would be the time I'll take the plunge!
  • DarzlatDarzlat154,290
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 13:37
    I hope we won't have to pay a monthly fee
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 13:41, Edited on 13 January 16 at 19:36 by Antr0p0phagus
    Is this game any good? I can't help but think it looks a bit 'trashy'..
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 13:49
    At first i had hope for the mortal kombat vs dc universe online chat servers to be back up running. Only game i can't finish cos of discontinued achievements. Hadn't even heard of DC Universe online, but will avoid in case they decide to discontinue it without giving a decent notice period.
    Estranged
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 13:59
    II ESTRANGED II said:At first i had hope for the mortal kombat vs dc universe online chat servers to be back up running. Only game i can't finish cos of discontinued achievements. Hadn't even heard of DC Universe online, but will avoid in case they decide to discontinue it without giving a decent notice period.It's an MMO, been around 5 years and just coming to Xbox one, I think it will be around for a while
    Iceberg Right Ahead
  • NomstuffNomstuff957,616
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:06
    Gonna be terrible, enjoy
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke455,702
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:06
    dudecrazy108 said:Will it be free though like it is on Steam?The game itself has always been free, so if it isn't, I'll have an issue haha.
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:28
    I played a bit of this on the PS3 - clunky as hell (but to be fair, many of the online titles for the PS3 had some issues roll).
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:39
    if this is the same game im thinking it is that was on the ps3, it was free then it will be free now, of course YOU do have the option of buying extra dlc stuff and whatnot,it is an ok mmo, played worse, and its a free mmo,why not give it a go
    budah
  • WEB 78OWEB 78O623,726
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:51
    Wish it was Marvel Heroes...
    JBB
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,122
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 14:54, Edited on 13 January 16 at 14:54 by xPut Name Herex
    Its Just Rave said:dudecrazy108 said:Will it be free though like it is on Steam?I think I read somewhere that it would be. Plus a new update means PS4 & PC get cross platform play. But as per usual the Xbox is all alone. Really hope this gets changed soon, for Rocket League & Ark... hell even SMITE.

Speaking of which I should check there is a feedback topic for this and get voting.
    Sony and Microsoft will not allow cross-platform play between each other. Both companies allow for PC/console play in certain circumstances (Microsoft isn't there quite to the degree Sony is, but appears to be set to allow a lot of it once Windows 10 releases start rolling in). However, if one console manufacturer beats the other to PC-cross play for a game, the other is locked out.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE504,975
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 15:54
    Weeeeeeeeeeird - isn't it published and maintained by Sorny or SOE or whatever?
  • Claycrow17Claycrow17305,432
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 15:55
    I've wanted to play this since I read the comics based on it. I'm excited.
  • FinnanFinnan1,309,938
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 16:24
    If this is described as a multiplayer online action title, then why has the site classed it as an RPG? Everyone must know by this point that MMO does not equal MMORPG, right?
  • MattyHustedUkMattyHustedUk1,232,212
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 16:27
    with the PS3/PS4 versions you need a active sub to unlock trophies unless thats gonna change to reflect the xbox launch
  • NomstuffNomstuff957,616
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 16:31
    MattyHustedUk said:with the PS3/PS4 versions you need a active sub to unlock trophies unless thats gonna change to reflect the xbox launchDoubt it, I think steam is the same way
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,822
    Posted on 13 January 16 at 16:55
    Finnan said:If this is described as a multiplayer online action title, then why has the site classed it as an RPG? Everyone must know by this point that MMO does not equal MMORPG, right?The combat is similar to an action title, but the character progression, loot, and storylines are definitely RPG, iirc. I would class it as 60/40 or 70/30 RPG/Action.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads