Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: January 13th, 2016

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,964
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,205
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 01:48
    Snagged the Disturbed pack.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher1,370,694
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 01:57
    I'm curious about Gone Home but I'd never spend $20 on it. Even $10 seems a little high.
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy904,919
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 02:00
    Looking forward to starting ACC: India when I've got some time to invest. Gone Home is ridiculously overpriced though.
  • guns vs kittensguns vs kittens1,027,340
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 02:13
    Seoulcrusher said:I'm curious about Gone Home but I'd never spend $20 on it. Even $10 seems a little high.It's worth about $2.

Literally just a walking-and-looking-at-objects simulator. Not really a comprehensive story either. Won't spoil it, but it's got about 20 minutes of gameplay tops.

Got it on Steam for like 50 cents and kinda felt like I shouldn't have even bothered lol
    ...But why is the rum gone???
  • Ultras500Ultras500924,424
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 02:17
    Anyone else been having issues with the marketplace. Been trying to buy the pinball pack on the 360 for two days now.
  • MuddyAmoebaMuddyAmoeba528,574
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 02:37
    Does anyone know when rebel galaxy is going to released in Australia?
    Game Info Monkey. Hit enough buttons I'll get it right eventually.
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,363
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 03:02
    guns vs kittens said:Seoulcrusher said:I'm curious about Gone Home but I'd never spend $20 on it. Even $10 seems a little high.It's worth about $2.

Literally just a walking-and-looking-at-objects simulator. Not really a comprehensive story either. Won't spoil it, but it's got about 20 minutes of gameplay tops.

Got it on Steam for like 50 cents and kinda felt like I shouldn't have even bothered lol
    Yeah, that 90 minutes of bonus content adds like four times the game time to the whole package.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,877
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 03:32
    Are we certain there's no new achievements in the Force Awakens pack? All the other tables had them.
  • Burnah BrosBurnah Bros478,393
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 03:36
    I always appreciate these roundups. Good Job!
    Burnah Bros
  • Posted on 14 January 16 at 03:45
    Waiting until Gone Home goes on stale at a steep discount before picking it up. Excited to play The Banner Saga eventually too, $20 for a digital game is still too much for me to pay. I have a hard time paying that for a disc-based game & I feel old saying that laugh
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,930,857
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 04:30
    Okay... paid the $20 for Gone Home based on really good reviews, and now the achievements aren't unlocking. I definitely got under a minute several times, and nothing. Took about 7 times through the speed level for me to even get the "Done! Unlocking..." note on the achievement app...just for the completion achievement.

I know other people have had it work for them, but after spending $20 for a digital game, I'd at least like for them to pop when they should. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, either.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].
  • DarzlatDarzlat154,342
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 05:08
    I think that $20 is way too much for Gone Home
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA2,280,794
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 06:18
    I'll go home when its 5 bucks!
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too2,191,322
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 07:03
    no more AC for me nice try though laugh
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • MaesenkoMaesenko339,194
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 07:27
    Grabbed the free WP game, as I always do.

Will pick up ACC:India after paycheck this week, would pick up Disturbed if I had [room for] Rock Band. Banner Saga looks good, but I'll hold off for now.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,630
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 08:55
    30 seconds to mars pack in Rocksmith? Well if I ever get around to getting the game I know what I'll be buying with it.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy904,919
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 09:12
    Sashamorning said:Okay... paid the $20 for Gone Home based on really good reviews, and now the achievements aren't unlocking. I definitely got under a minute several times, and nothing. Took about 7 times through the speed level for me to even get the "Done! Unlocking..." note on the achievement app...just for the completion achievement.

I know other people have had it work for them, but after spending $20 for a digital game, I'd at least like for them to pop when they should. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, either.
    Xbox Live was having big problems yesterday - the good news means that you've done the requirements so they'll pop at some point :) probably in sequence in the middle of another game like the last time it happened to me.
  • YaziteYazite494,145
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 10:07, Edited on 14 January 16 at 10:07 by Yazite
    guns vs kittens said:Got it on Steam for like 50 cents and kinda felt like I shouldn't have even bothered lol50 cents? I don't recall it ever being that cheap in a Steam sale, unless you got an external key somehow.
    Laugh it up, fuzzball.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar289,964
    Posted on 14 January 16 at 11:51
    Zorlac0666 said:Are we certain there's no new achievements in the Force Awakens pack? All the other tables had them.Not on Xbox 360. The last table to get achievements on the Xbox 360 was The Walking Dead back in August 2014.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads