Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Access Free Play Days Announced for XBL Gold

• Posted on 16 January 16 at 09:28
    I'm too busy with all the games I'm currently playing to take on any more, but it's a nice little event. Have fun, everyone!
  • Posted on 16 January 16 at 10:25
    Strokes Daily said:i have a feeling battlefield 4 premium will be free soon. its been a few months since they added games or gave out dlc its also a safe bet the newest need for speed will be added. if hardline made it after 5 months need for speed will likely be added soon.I doubt Battlefield premium will ever be in the vault, its just too much DLC that they have been selling for $50 for so long. although I have been wrong on the speed of games being added to the vault, though, so you never know. I missed the last free period, but maybe I can get on it this time.
    Your financial solution
  • angelskangelsk1,210,285
    Posted on 16 January 16 at 10:28
    Exia Of War said:
    Time to destroy my completion percentage :)

Tendoman77 said:
    Dragon Age's is really the one game I want to do but I fear the completion may last longer than this thing will allow.
    Yeah DAI's a rather long game, and it's honestly, a really good one to just take your time to enjoy.

Dragon Age: InquisitionHeraldThe Herald achievement in Dragon Age: Inquisition worth 130 pointsFinish the single-player campaign on at least Hard without lowering the difficulty.

Dragon Age: InquisitionInquisitorThe Inquisitor achievement in Dragon Age: Inquisition worth 465 pointsFinish the single-player campaign on Nightmare without lowering the difficulty.

These two take way too long, I don't even remember if you can start off with Hard on your first playthrough.
    You can start off on Nightmare and complete the entire game on it; I did - and explored everything and 100%d the base game - but I was playing for like 170 hours :)
  • b0seijub0seiju704,712
    Posted on 16 January 16 at 11:21
    I'll be also in the team trying to complete NFS: Rivals in a week. Hoping there will be enough boosting sessions for the two online achievements. Though with an event like this I couldn't imagine not.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 January 16 at 11:35
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 January 16 at 11:40
    xPut Name Herex said:Har Miggido said:Firstly i would like to thank the community members who sent this in and secondly TA for publishing the post. (the reason why I am a pro member). keep up the goodwork. Thirdly i would like to announce my disappointment with EA for not expanding on their catalogue since the last time I was a subscriber around three months ago. I went from mass elation to severe WTF in 30seconds.It is somewhat surprising that more hasn't been added to the Vault recently, but EA hasn't really put out that many titles in until the end of 2015. There was a lot of dead time in their console resume. I would expect PGA Tour to end up in the Vault shortly though, and Madden 16 should be in shortly after the conclusion of the NFL playoffs in a little under a month (think late February).

There are also some rumblings that they will start to add backwards compatible titles to the Vault (they don't have any currently as Mass Effect is technically a MS-published game, although I don't know what it up with the Popcap games that were published by them before they were acquired by EA), so that is definitely worth keeping an eye on.
    Most of the current games don't appeal to me much but there are titles that I want to play. I tell you what did impress me with this subscription, when I cancelled it they reimbursed me for the remainder of the month. Just holding out for Rory Mcilroys golf and Fifa 16 now.
  • phenom57phenom571,193,634
    Posted on 16 January 16 at 12:29
    no thank you
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 January 16 at 14:39
    It's a damn shame all of those games blow gorilla balls! laugh

(Well, maybe Inquisition, but I aint starting that until I do the 2nd one and I aint completing that in a week!)
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • Farkas2266Farkas2266210,569
    Posted on 16 January 16 at 16:34
    I have the subscription. Totally worth 30 bucks for a year if your into sports and shooters.
  • Posted on 16 January 16 at 17:10, Edited on 16 January 16 at 17:14 by Chakaal Starr
    Har Miggido said:Har Miggido said:Firstly i would like to thank the community members who sent this in and secondly TA for publishing the post. (the reason why I am a pro member). keep up the goodwork. Thirdly i would like to announce my disappointment with EA for not expanding on their catalogue since the last time I was a subscriber around three months ago. I went from mass elation to severe WTF in 30seconds.Chakaal Starr said:What game were you expecting them to add? Three months doesn't give them a lot of time to put out the games, never mind sell them a bit before they make them free. I imagine (the latest)Madden will be next added since they are playoffs right now. I figure rory golf and latest need for speed after that, then NHL 16 after Hockey season ends.
    Fifa 16 or Rory Mcilroy would have pleased me
    The quotes were messed up, I didn't say the part that was quoted, so I changed it to what I said above.

I think it will be soon for golf, Fifa will be june or July considering that is when the last two Fifa's went to vault.

BTW for anyone who PC games, they put out Origin Access very recently. It is very similar to EA access, except for they indicate it will also include some 3rd party games. Currently, 15 vault games are all EA titles.
  • pwndrummerpwndrummer432,487
    Posted on 16 January 16 at 21:26
    Does Battlefield 4's premium still transfer from the 360? That'd be great to pick up if so....
    pwndrummer
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,330
  • Razgriz LeadRazgriz Lead282,825
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 00:26
    I feel like it would take me most of the time period to even download any of these games. Titanfall took at least a couple of days...
  • CIutch CoreyCIutch Corey1,349,993
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 03:20
    Sweet
    Corey
  • Posted on 17 January 16 at 10:38
    Keen on giving Titanfall or PvZ a spin. Are there many people still playing them?
  • BoardinggBoardingg233,667
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 11:00
    elephantastique said:Keen on giving Titanfall or PvZ a spin. Are there many people still playing them?There's still a very active community in Plants vs Zombies, although I have trouble finding games in the DLC modes (might just be because I'm from Australia). There's always a couple thousand playing Titanfall, although you might be hard pressed to find a game in your region in anything other than Attrition (TDM), Frontier Defense and Campaign.
  • Posted on 17 January 16 at 21:42
    Razgriz Lead said:I feel like it would take me most of the time period to even download any of these games. Titanfall took at least a couple of days...Must have slow internet..
  • Drummin003Drummin003148,457
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 02:58
    rocking23nf said:AlonsoFive said:Mtld said:AlonsoFive said:Reckon Peggle is doable in that time. I'll give it a go anyway.You won't have access to DLC, and it takes a lot of time to complete. You would have to play a lot and be great at it. Not saying its impossible, though.Really? Says 15-20 hours on the game page. Or is that people underestimating?its not bad if you use the trick to get credit for levels that are impossible to beat.What trick is this? Because this is the first I've heard of such a thing.
    Looking for a partner for Battleblock Theater Insane co-op.
  • ToniDOTmxToniDOTmx106,520
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 18:17
    BE0912 said:Even if EA would give me their games for free I would still not take them.+1
  • Posted on 19 January 16 at 02:18
    Biovate said:elephantastique said:Keen on giving Titanfall or PvZ a spin. Are there many people still playing them?There's still a very active community in Plants vs Zombies, although I have trouble finding games in the DLC modes (might just be because I'm from Australia). There's always a couple thousand playing Titanfall, although you might be hard pressed to find a game in your region in anything other than Attrition (TDM), Frontier Defense and Campaign.Thanks, I'll give them a go then!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.