Game Discussion: Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP)

Note re: Win 10 mobile

• Posted on 15 January 16 at 17:15Permalink
    I've picked one of the Lumia 950's running Windows 10, and when I downloaded Solitaire Collection it was the Win 10 version and not the WP version. However, with Bingo I still have the WP version, not the Win 10.

Something to consider if you're planning to upgrade to a Win 10 device (or when the Win 10 update is released to Win 8 devices) and haven't completed this.

Luckily I still have my old handset on WP8
  • JamPound32JamPound32863,395
    Posted on 15 January 16 at 17:25Permalink
    So on your phone you downloaded the win10 version? The 1000gs one. That's intriguing.
  • Posted on 15 January 16 at 17:52, Edited on 15 January 16 at 17:52 by xPut Name HerexPermalink
    JamP0und32 said:So on your phone you downloaded the win10 version? The 1000gs one. That's intriguing.They are no longer separate stores. The Windows Phone OS itself technically "died" with Windows 10 release, and the smartphone OS is now a mobile version of the same OS on a PC. Thus the games you download on the PC will be the same as the ones on your phone (assuming of course whatever device you had can run it).

Developers do still have some control over if their app should be on a certain family of devices or not (ie PCs, tablets, Xbox One, phones, etc.), so it sounds like Solitaire's Win 10 version has been enabled for phones while Bingo hasn't been enabled for phone devices yet (probably due to Windows 10 mobile not having released officially yet).
  • Jezza69Jezza69594,800
    Posted on 01 July 16 at 15:36Permalink
    I wonder if that opens up the possibility of cloud save abuse similar to Win 8 / Win Phone?
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA325,428
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 22:59Permalink
    If I upgrade my phone to win10 can I still play this game?
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • GuidalityGuidality501,028
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 14:15Permalink
    Can you still download the wp8 version on a wp8.1 phone as long as you don't upgrade to wp10?
  • JamPound32JamPound32863,395
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 14:23Permalink
    Guidality said:
    Can you still download the wp8 version on a wp8.1 phone as long as you don't upgrade to wp10?
    Yes you can.
  • Posted on 02 January 20 at 03:53Permalink
    Does anyone have (or know where I can find) a downloadable file of this game? I didn't see the news about the old store being shut down. I still have my old Windows8 phone, but for some reason Solitaire isn't on it and now it's too late to get it from the non-existent Win8 store.
    Anyone know where I can get it so I can put it on my phone directly with file transfer?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.