Game Discussion: Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition Forum

Response from Bracket Games re: Glitched achievements

AuthorMessage
MitRialb
MitRialb
Posted on 21 January 16 at 04:48
Hey all, I got an email response today from Zach at Bracket Games about the issues some of us have been having with glitched achievements. For myself personally, it's Until Next Time. I've heard By Benji, On the Radio, and a few others have had some seemingly random issues as well.

Basically, they are fully aware of the issue, but to this point have been unable to reproduce it on their end. They are in contact with Microsoft about possible solutions and will be hustling to push a patch out as soon as they get things figured.

So just hold on I guess. It seems like we're making progress.
CRAZE KILER
CRAZE KILER
Posted on 21 January 16 at 05:56
I got a similar response from twitter "As soon as I have a solution worked out, I'll push a patch ASAP. Sorry for the issue!"
TangerineGamer
Posted on 21 January 16 at 09:20, Edited on 21 January 16 at 14:33 by TangerineGamer
Literally just posted in the other thread and then saw this on the New Threads tab, doh!

Sounds good though smile

EDIT:
Have an email from Zack too, seems like a nice guy who genuinely wants to get this resolved which is cool.
I'm going to reply and link both of the threads here regarding it, and the one on X360a to try and give him as much info as possible.
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 21 January 16 at 11:52
Omg! smile
TheIrishBeast
TheIrishBeast
Posted on 21 January 16 at 14:40
Awesome MitRialb!
It could still take a long time as they don't have that many staff. Has anyone tried starting the game on a new profile going for the 1000 again and seeing if works on that profile? same xbox, same settings just a new tag?
smile
TangerineGamer
Posted on 21 January 16 at 14:54
TheIrishBeast said:Awesome MitRialb!
It could still take a long time as they don't have that many staff. Has anyone tried starting the game on a new profile going for the 1000 again and seeing if works on that profile? same xbox, same settings just a new tag?
smile
Going to do this tonight I think, have a friend's tag on my XB1 so will use that .... he won't mind I'm sure wink
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 21 January 16 at 16:12
MitRialb said:Basically, they are fully aware of the issue, but to this point have been unable to reproduce it on their end. They are in contact with Microsoft about possible solutions and will be hustling to push a patch out as soon as they get things figured.I hope MS send them here just like they do with their own customers (us)
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
MitRialb
MitRialb
Posted on 22 January 16 at 06:45
TangerineGamer said:Have an email from Zack too, seems like a nice guy who genuinely wants to get this resolved which is cool.
I'm going to reply and link both of the threads here regarding it, and the one on X360a to try and give him as much info as possible.
Yep. I got the impression that he really wants to make this right. The biggest issue at this point though is that it's a basically a one-man job on an issue that's affecting (at the most) less than 25% of us. He said he'd message me with updates (I'm sure he told you the same thing), so now it's just a waiting game.

Spilner said:MitRialb said:Basically, they are fully aware of the issue, but to this point have been unable to reproduce it on their end. They are in contact with Microsoft about possible solutions and will be hustling to push a patch out as soon as they get things figured.I hope MS send them here just like they do with their own customers (us)You would hope that the id@xbox devs get a higher level of customer service than we do. Then again, this is Microsoft we're talking about.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 22 January 16 at 08:51, Edited on 22 January 16 at 08:52 by TangerineGamer
Spilner said:MitRialb said:Basically, they are fully aware of the issue, but to this point have been unable to reproduce it on their end. They are in contact with Microsoft about possible solutions and will be hustling to push a patch out as soon as they get things figured.I hope MS send them here just like they do with their own customers (us)I spoke to M$ support about this achievement and after I had said I had tried everything that they offer in the way of help they said to post on here, quote:

M$:But for us to unlock this one, we do have our Team to do this. Please go to this link and post this so that they will help you unlock the game. Alright?
Here is the link: https://www.trueachievements.com/"
Me:how would they help?
M$:They will give you options and steps on how to unlock it, since they are the one who knows about that, and that link is only intended for unlocking the achievements you've had."
Called them out saying that TA is only a community and I can't understand why they send people here, the conversation went in circles so I gave up saying they were stupid for doing it
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 22 January 16 at 12:24
TangerineGamer said:Spilner said:MitRialb said:Basically, they are fully aware of the issue, but to this point have been unable to reproduce it on their end. They are in contact with Microsoft about possible solutions and will be hustling to push a patch out as soon as they get things figured.I hope MS send them here just like they do with their own customers (us)I spoke to M$ support about this achievement and after I had said I had tried everything that they offer in the way of help they said to post on here, quote:

M$:But for us to unlock this one, we do have our Team to do this. Please go to this link and post this so that they will help you unlock the game. Alright?
Here is the link: https://www.trueachievements.com/"
Me:how would they help?
M$:They will give you options and steps on how to unlock it, since they are the one who knows about that, and that link is only itended for unlocking the achievements you've had."
Called them out saying that TA is only a community and I can't understand why they send people here, the conversation went in circles so I gave up saying they were stupid for doing it
Wow Microsoft really needs to start paying TA as official Achievement Support. You have a better chance solving any problem on here rather than with Xbox supports staff of idiotic representatives who direct their customers to a third party websites.
TheIrishBeast
TheIrishBeast
Posted on 28 January 16 at 20:48
Any updates folks?

Anyone retry getting the achievements?
TangerineGamer
Posted on 30 January 16 at 20:50, Edited on 30 January 16 at 20:51 by TangerineGamer
Not retried and no news on my end, as said before though there is only one guy doing pretty much everything so expect it to be months not weeks before anything happens

Feel free to email or tweet him yourself for updates, post here if you get any please
TheIrishBeast
TheIrishBeast
Posted on 01 February 16 at 14:23
I retried it and it is still not working.

I am not expecting a fix ever.

Issue will be blamed on MS servers being at fault on that one day and not bracket games.

I will try and do it on another console but i cannot see that working either.
ClassyWings
ClassyWings
Posted on 13 February 16 at 22:32
I cant unlock the On the Radio achievement. Tried everything I could think of and even had a friend try it for me on his console with my account, but still nothing... cry

I tried tweeting at Zach but got no response... So I was surprised to see this thread. Good to see that you guys made him aware of the issue.

I hope they can fix the situation, but I kinda gave this on up
KaibaChaos
KaibaChaos
Posted on 14 February 16 at 17:57
Home Achievement won't unlock for me. I really hope it does get fixed, really annoying. If it doesn't then I shall take a note of the developers name and wait and see if there are any glitched Achievements next time...or I'll move on to the next game and not bother anyway.
KaibaChaos
KaibaChaos
Posted on 15 February 16 at 21:25, Edited on 15 February 16 at 21:28 by KaibaChaos
Right, so after some looking around, the dev has posted in this thread:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67424...

I've written out what ended up being a ridiculously long post but here's what Zach said:

Hey all, Zach from [bracket]games here. I've had a hell of a time figuring out what could be causing the achievement issues. I've combed through all of the code relating to achievements and I'm not finding any issues, but it may be that something is going on that I simply don't understand yet.

The issue appears random and I'm not entirely sure if all the achievements are affected or if it's just a few. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is, but if any of you are willing to let me know a few more details about how the issue came about it could be a huge help.

Just a few simple questions to get things started:

Which achievements won't unlock for you?
Were you able to unlock any achievements after one that should have unlocked failed to?
Were you connected to the internet/was Xbox Live down when the achievement failed to unlock?
Was more than one player logged into the console was the achievement failed to unlock?

I wish I had a way to figure out the answer to these questions on my end, but I just don't have any way to check these things, let alone get a clear picture of how many people are affected.

I'm sorry and embarrassed that people are having issues, especially since I haven't been able to find a solution yet. If we can find a solution, I'll push a patch ASAP.

(By the way, if you'd rather shoot me an e-mail, you can reach me at support@bracket-games.com)"
So yeah, answer those questions or if you can think of anything that I haven't in my response on x360a then post that too.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 16 February 16 at 09:20
Have added my experiences to that thread, thanks for updating Kaiba
Yours sincerely, TG
TheIrishBeast
TheIrishBeast
Posted on 17 February 16 at 21:02
We should all email Zach or post in that thread with the info he needs.

Thanks for the heads up.
RyanMpwnz
RyanMpwnz
Posted on 06 March 16 at 04:49
For me, the "Wrong Bus" achievement will not unlock. I tried doing it several times, on two Xbox's. It is the only achievement that will not pop, and I even got the remaining achievements after this specific one did not unlock.
And for the 4 questions Zach asked:
1. Only "Wrong Bus"
2. Yes
3. I was connected to the internet and Xbox Live was not down for the several times I attempted to get this achievement.
4. No

Hope this helps
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 06 March 16 at 05:52
No. You should email that information to the developers. Or post on that thread.
Use coupon code "Handydarkness" for 2.5% off at www.solarisjapan.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.