Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ten Titles Added To Backwards Compatibility

  • DamnSillyDamnSilly979,400
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:22
    As well as an announcement about backwards compatibility going forwards

    Please click here to read the story: Ten Titles Added To Backwards Compatibility

    Credit goes to wellingtonbalbo for this story
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:26
    Lol. Aegis wing. Yippee
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89350,198
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:29, Edited on 21 January 16 at 15:32 by MattQuin89
    Will download Witcher 2, because free.

    Would like to play the Sam & Max game, no real interest in the rest of them though.

    Major Nelson reckons the Witcher 2 is already free, but I can't find it on the amazingly frustrating to use Xbox.com. Can anyone help with a link please?

    EDIT: Nevermind, used TA's more reliable links to the game!

    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Witcher-2-Assa...

    EDIT 2: Sorry - This offer is not valid in your region.

    I'm in the UK.
  • itz waz meitz waz me281,902
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:30
    Comrade General - #28 in the World in Action sack #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach(HaloTracker.com)
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:31
    Already downloaded The Witcher 2 and Counter Strike: GO! Great add-ons.
    Soul Ripper117
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:31
    I didn't even realize CS:GO was an Xbox title.

    Not a whole lot here, but I do like the news of instant rollouts.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • IReal ShowdownIReal Showdown1,169,991
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:31
    What a load of poo was expecting something decent like the bioshock games that was supposed to be the other month
    Ireal Showdown (Scott)
  • AhayzoAhayzo875,735
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:31, Edited on 21 January 16 at 15:33 by Ahayzo
    Glad to hear it will be running additions instead of bulking them together. Only 4 games this time for me.

    Of course, Space Giraffe is available now so my life is complete.

    MattQuin89 said:Will download Witcher 2, because free.

    Would like to play the Sam & Max game, no real interest in the rest of them though.

    Major Nelson reckons the Witcher 2 is already free, but I can't find it on the amazingly frustrating to use Xbox.com. Can anyone help with a link please?
    On each game page on the site, the Xbox LUVE Price in the Info box is a link to the Xbox game page.

    IReal Showdown said:What a load of poo was expecting something decent like the bioshock games that was supposed to be the other monthDid they ever actually say it would be December? I thought they just said "Soon"TM and everyone assumed it was December.
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:32, Edited on 21 January 16 at 15:36 by xPut Name Herex
    It's weird, I swear I downloaded Witcher 2 when it was GwG, but it doesn't seem to be the case when I go to Xbox.com? Did I luck out on this or something? Downloading now.

    EDIT: You know what, as someone who typically doesn't enjoy RPGs, I vaguely remember not downloading Witcher 2 when it was GwG since I figured I wouldn't play it. Thankfully I get a reprieve for literally the only time I have used such a though process to not download a GwG! smile
  • BoothdomBoothdom266,194
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:35
    Ooooh. "Witcher 2 not available in your region".... That's the UK. If this is real, this is bad.

    :(
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you.
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:35
    No games that I plan on playing... boo.
  • Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:38
    Well fuck all those other countries
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy468,578
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:42
    I would've hoped for a better list. I get that they want to port Arcade titles because they're easier than full retail games - but they're pulling out some pretty obscure titles.

    And while Bioshock was indeed released with a "coming soon" label and no definite date... I do wonder what the thinking was behind releasing a list of names that people would get excited about and then not releasing them close after. While I'm not particularly waiting for it, a lot of people are and it's becoming a bit of a disappointment for them.

    Just look at the Twitter backlash for there not being Black Ops. ;)
  • AhayzoAhayzo875,735
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:48
    SoupaBuoy said:I would've hoped for a better list. I get that they want to port Arcade titles because they're easier than full retail games - but they're pulling out some pretty obscure titles.

    And while Bioshock was indeed released with a "coming soon" label and no definite date... I do wonder what the thinking was behind releasing a list of names that people would get excited about and then not releasing them close after. While I'm not particularly waiting for it, a lot of people are and it's becoming a bit of a disappointment for them.

    Just look at the Twitter backlash for there not being Black Ops. ;)
    At least we don't need to wait for the batch of whatever month it is done. If it's finished February 1, we don't have to wait till mid-end February for it to be released with everything else.
  • IRBIRB621,479
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:49
    So where the heck is HALO WARS!
  • DarzlatDarzlat129,316
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:50
    No trials :(
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy468,578
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:51
    alklein92201 said:SoupaBuoy said:I would've hoped for a better list. I get that they want to port Arcade titles because they're easier than full retail games - but they're pulling out some pretty obscure titles.

    And while Bioshock was indeed released with a "coming soon" label and no definite date... I do wonder what the thinking was behind releasing a list of names that people would get excited about and then not releasing them close after. While I'm not particularly waiting for it, a lot of people are and it's becoming a bit of a disappointment for them.

    Just look at the Twitter backlash for there not being Black Ops. ;)
    At least we don't need to wait for the batch of whatever month it is done. If it's finished February 1, we don't have to wait till mid-end February for it to be released with everything else.
    Oh yeah, that's definitely a positive. I'm imagining that the retail titles are just more complicated which is why they're taking their time. It'll be kinda cool to get home from work and find a new BC title on my download list every few days. :)
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke367,930
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:51
    Seriously?
    I'm sure there are people out there who love these, but goodness, there are LOADS of great titles for the 360, loads that a lot of peoppe genuinely want, I'm never one for judging or ranting, but where the hell are all the games that people actually want?

    Man, I can come across as a douche.
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • SpilnerSpilner807,407
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:52
    Nothing really worth while
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Tao LogosTao Logos675,705
    Posted on 21 January 16 at 15:54
    xPut Name Herex said:It's weird, I swear I downloaded Witcher 2 when it was GwG, but it doesn't seem to be the case when I go to Xbox.com? Did I luck out on this or something? Downloading now.

    EDIT: You know what, as someone who typically doesn't enjoy RPGs, I vaguely remember not downloading Witcher 2 when it was GwG since I figured I wouldn't play it. Thankfully I get a reprieve for literally the only time I have used such a though process to not download a GwG! smile
    I definitely downloaded it with GwG, yet it also allowed be to "purchase" it again on the website. Not sure why. Maybe because this is the deluxe edition?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.