Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ten Titles Added To Backwards Compatibility

• stebeer85stebeer85490,688
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 00:06
    To the gamer's who cant see the games in ''Ready To Install'', Try power cycle ( Hold xbox button on front of console for 10 secs ) the xbox, Works for me, Also i must say this , I was looking forward to BC but if we are gonna get 2-4 AAA titles a month and the rest crap arcade titles everytime, I dont see the point, I prob have a Xbox Two when ur not even halfway through the BC list. This only makes your fans angry MS, Get it together quickly otherwise we will be looking back in a few months of how the whole BC was another flaw to add to the fail list , Its ur move to get it RIGHT
  • NomstuffNomstuff700,714
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 00:11
    If it's not everything, it's not right.
  • LockieLockie418,923
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 00:25
    Witcher 2 is a great game, just be sure to make a strategic save so you can make both endings.

I wish they would add New Vegas though... it's about the only thing I'm still using my 360 for.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Dr Peach PDr Peach P154,242
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:21
    I really find it hard to believe that Alan Wake isn't already available. And now with them releasing the titles as they are ready it doesn't seem like they are actively trying to get console exclusives out there. Those should be the easiest to transfer over.
  • Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:36
    IReal Showdown said:What a load of poo was expecting something decent like the bioshock games that was supposed to be the other monthTHANK YOU! I WANT MY BIOSHOCK GAMES DAMNIT.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,528
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:37, Edited on 22 January 16 at 04:20 by HolyHalfDead
    It's not Microsoft that choose BC titles. They said right at the beginning that they will package any game free of charge if asked. If EA, Turn 10, 2K or whomever don't want their game packaged, there is nothing Microsoft can do about it. The vote is to help put some pressure on the publishers, and to demonstrate demand.

There are at least 4 versions of Witcher 2, there are 3 with seperate achievement lists, and 2 of these are available through GoD. For those of you that haven't owned an Xbox 360, it was not a region free console like the Xbox One. That means you cannot easily "purchase" games from a region other than your own.

I think many of you are having the problem that the Xbox One version of Witcher 2 links to the Xbox 360 America version which you cannot purchase from the UK. You will need search for the UK Xbox 360 version manually and "purchase" that so that you can download it on your Xbox One.

For those in Australia/New Zealand, now is a great time to grab an uncensored version of the game. The UK/EU version has the same achievement list as the AU/NZ version and will run on any PAL console. Your save games may not work.

It looks like Witcher 2 isn't region locked, but needs a NTSC or PAL Xbox 360 console or an Xbox One to run, so if you have either of those you can grab the other version if you want to double up on achievements.

To confirm, Witcher 2 is free in US CA UK IE DE FR AU NZ and every other region it has been released digitally in (not JP), not just those listed in the original announcement.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,202,116
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:43
    2 of these games - one of them being counter strike will be GWG in feb!
  • zr122zr122447,511
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:46
    Finally, Witcher 2! I've been putting off replaying it until it was available. Looks like I know what I'll be doing as soon as I've finished up with Dishonored.

Hopefully BioShock Infinite will be ready by the time I'm done with Witcher.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:54
    where the heck is fusion frenzy 2, and Hannah Montana?
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 01:57
    XPhiles in IA said:where the heck is fusion frenzy 2, and Hannah Montana?HM is gonna be remastered, and rereleased in stunning HD glory.
  • Posted on 22 January 16 at 02:21
    IRB said:So where the heck is HALO WARS!9/10 it'll go backwards once Halo Wars 2 comes out...like they did with Fallout 3 when Fallout 4 came out
  • AhayzoAhayzo873,426
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 03:35
    randomnssftwman said:IRB said:So where the heck is HALO WARS!9/10 it'll go backwards once Halo Wars 2 comes out...like they did with Fallout 3 when Fallout 4 came outI doubt it will be that long. With Fallout, there wasn't long for BC to release 3. I expect Halo Wars to be added before the end of April
  • ronnie42ronnie42384,721
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 03:59
    stebeer85 said:To the gamer's who cant see the games in ''Ready To Install'', Try power cycle ( Hold xbox button on front of console for 10 secs ) the xbox, Works for me, Also i must say this , I was looking forward to BC but if we are gonna get 2-4 AAA titles a month and the rest crap arcade titles everytime, I dont see the point, I prob have a Xbox Two when ur not even halfway through the BC list. This only makes your fans angry MS, Get it together quickly otherwise we will be looking back in a few months of how the whole BC was another flaw to add to the fail list , Its ur move to get it RIGHTSadly no luck. Games like Sam and Max aren't showing up.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 January 16 at 06:09
    I hope Halo Wars 2 is as good as it's senior, man Ensemble did a great job, but like many studios today, they went under and changed their name...
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • Phase IIPhase II317,033
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 06:43
    Nomstuff said:SoupaBuoy said:Rhyolitic said:Annnnnnd...only one retail game. I really, really hope this isn't the ratio going forward.Likely to be as the difficulty in porting retail games would be much, much greater.It's not really a porting problem. This is a license issue, they need to get permissions and licenses to make these usable.

xXBlackTarXx said:Seriously? What a waste of time. Why did they even ask what gamers wanted to be backward compatible if they are just going to make available a bunch of crap. BC on Xbox is still disappointing.They can only offer what they have the licenses for. Also, most of these are decent titles.
    At this point it is definitely not a licensing issue. I've seen many developers (even XBLA game developers) requesting who at Microsoft they should contact and asking gamers and fans to vote for their games to be backwards compatible yet they are still not in this list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3afkvu/hi_rxboxone...
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,325,802
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 09:19
    Darzlat said:No trials :(My thoughts exactly, I would play Evolution so much more if it was on the One, maybe even complete the last DLC (but probably not cry)
  • Posted on 22 January 16 at 10:02
    Honestly, I have never even heard of 8 out of the 10 games on this list.

Glad to pickup Witcher 2 for free though!
  • Lord MidasLord Midas281,680
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 10:58
    TL;DR the whole of this thread.

If you try and download from the marketplace and you get the message "not available for your region" then scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on your region (bottom left) and select English (United Kingdom). You should then be able to download it clap
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483218,702
    Posted on 22 January 16 at 11:41
    Pleased about Witcher 2, already downloaded it last time it was free but at least now I can run it from my One when I get round to it. Cool that it's free again for those that missed it, given all the praise the series has received. It's one of my backlog that I'm really looking forward to.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.