Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Pixel Piracy Is Coming To Xbox One

• CauseCause404,008
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 13:30
    I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
  • napoearthnapoearth733,628
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 13:37
    Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.
  • Posted on 25 January 16 at 13:54
    napoearth said:Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.To be fair there are a ton of PC games like this, and while many of them aren’t great, some are absolute gems (undertale, FTL, hotline Miami) Graphics aren’t everything and there are many games with tremendous graphics that have no substance. If games like this can offer compelling and interesting gameplay they’re always worth considering.

That being said, I’m not sure this will fall into the ‘classic’ category
  • NJStalderXBNJStalderXB360,117
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 14:22
    napoearth said:Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.How do you know Pixel Piracy isn't pushing the Xbox One to it's limits? laugh
    | www.youtube.com/NovaGhostZero | www.twitch.tv/NovaGhostZero |
  • Posted on 25 January 16 at 15:22
    Played this on PC and hated it. I usually love pirate games, but this one was simply not fun for me.
  • DarzlatDarzlat129,316
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 15:37
    This looks awesome!!!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,012,733
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 15:54
    Hum, not quite what I had in mind when I think "pirate RPG" but it can't do it any worse than Risen did. May give it a try.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Decoy1982Decoy1982223,426
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 16:30
    napoearth said:Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.I think the ID@Xbox program is great. While the graphics might not be up to par with what the Xbox One can do - it's giving opportunity to small time independent developers. This allows maybe 1 or 2 guys who love to make games a shot at making some money doing what they love. It's easy for big time developers with hundreds of programmers/artists to push the Xbox limits - but not so easy for a team of 2 or 3 (unless they work on something for 5 years).
  • Posted on 25 January 16 at 16:37
    Pixel Piracy will be available for $14.99 or regional equivalent on the Xbox One in February 2016. Coming from a game that is constantly on sale for $0.99 on Steam. Even full price the game is $5 cheaper on Steam. A lot of these games are getting ported over with the price hiked up.
    WT Supervisor and Site Help Editor here on TA | Server Management, Server Admin Supervisor and Forum Moderator at www.Thatdarkrpserver.com
  • Posted on 25 January 16 at 22:45
    napoearth said:Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.You could always start with any of the big releases that were released in Q4 last year. It appears you have not played any of them, so they will keep you going for a while yet, at least until games like The Division, Quantum Break, Hitman, Far Cry Primal and Dark Souls 3 are released.

I appreciate having the chance to play some of these games on my Xbox One. They are not always of the highest quality, I will be the first to admit, but its not like they are taking another games place. It gives us all a choice, a significant choice on what we want to play and in honesty I would take that over a strictly AAA based selection of games any day.
  • BryanRPhBryanRPh434,460
    Posted on 25 January 16 at 23:16
    It's almost like people don't realize they don't have to buy a game if the don't want to...
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 14:08
    ShadowsofSatan said:napoearth said:Cause said:I feel as though all these games coming out lately would be something I'd find on the App Store on my phone...Seriously, can we get a new XBOX One game that actually uses the abilities of a next generation console.You could always start with any of the big releases that were released in Q4 last year. It appears you have not played any of them, so they will keep you going for a while yet, at least until games like The Division, Quantum Break, Hitman, Far Cry Primal and Dark Souls 3 are released.

I appreciate having the chance to play some of these games on my Xbox One. They are not always of the highest quality, I will be the first to admit, but its not like they are taking another games place. It gives us all a choice, a significant choice on what we want to play and in honesty I would take that over a strictly AAA based selection of games any day.
    Your right, I'm convinced. Let me get out my 286 computer. I only have a 32 MB hard drive though. I wonder how many 5 1/4 disks this comes on? I may have to upgrade my 4 MB of RAM though.

In seriousness though, why does this need to come to XBOX One. It can stay on Steam and cell phones.

I thought that ID@XBOX was for independent XBOX One developers, not people already selling stuff on Steam looking to get cash out of achievement whores.
  • AxessAxess154,777
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 18:44
    I like pixel art. Probably will pass though, doesn't grab my attention too much. Plus, the backlog is big enough as it is.

BryanRPh said:It's almost like people don't realize they don't have to buy a game if the don't want to...what, that's an option!??!
  • Decoy1982Decoy1982223,426
    Posted on 26 January 16 at 21:46
    napoearth said:Your right, I'm convinced. Let me get out my 286 computer. I only have a 32 MB hard drive though. I wonder how many 5 1/4 disks this comes on? I may have to upgrade my 4 MB of RAM though.

In seriousness though, why does this need to come to XBOX One. It can stay on Steam and cell phones.

I thought that ID@XBOX was for independent XBOX One developers, not people already selling stuff on Steam looking to get cash out of achievement whores.
    ID@Xbox Description:

The ID@Xbox program enables qualified game developers of all sizes to unleash their creativity by self-publishing digital games on Xbox One, giving studios the tools and support needed to maximize their success.

As a developer (especially and independent one) - why would you not want to release your game on as many platforms as possible? Aren't people in business to make money?
    Posted on 27 January 16 at 17:13
    Decoy1982 said:napoearth said:Your right, I'm convinced. Let me get out my 286 computer. I only have a 32 MB hard drive though. I wonder how many 5 1/4 disks this comes on? I may have to upgrade my 4 MB of RAM though.

ID@Xbox Description:

The ID@Xbox program enables qualified game developers of all sizes to unleash their creativity by self-publishing digital games on Xbox One, giving studios the tools and support needed to maximize their success.

As a developer (especially and independent one) - why would you not want to release your game on as many platforms as possible? Aren't people in business to make money?
    I'm good with capitalism, and I definitely don't blame the devs for doing whatever they can to make money. I just expect a bit more out of the console.

I'll exercise my part in capitalism by giving this a pass.
  • KillipoKillipo293,356
    Posted on 27 January 16 at 21:46, Edited on 27 January 16 at 22:14 by Killipo
    I almost bought this on Steam when it was on sale (around $2-$5), but the reviews swayed me away from it. I guess it's repetitive.

And these ID@XBox games would be a hell of a lot more enticing if they put them on sales that even come close to Steam sales. They're usually smaller games, and some of them go for as cheap as a buck on Steam. I'm also very frugal, and $15 would be significant for me even if we were talking about a used retail game.

At least most retail games (used or not) give you more replay time than most of the games I've seen go through ID@XBox. That's not to say these are bad games - I think they're loads of fun - they just don't typically provide more than ~10 hours of gameplay.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.