Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 30 January 16 at 09:05Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink walkthrough
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,210,733
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 15:05Permalink
    1-5 hours? That's a little bit broad, especially since I don't think you can even finish the whole thing in an hour. I would think 3-4 minimum.
  • Posted on 04 February 16 at 16:26Permalink
    Thanks for your feedback.

If you're trying to figure out all of the puzzles from scratch, I'd estimate that something close to 3-5 hours is probably right. When I was following my own walkthrough for verification on my account (after having written it against both the PC version and another account), where you don't have to think about anything and are already familiar with the game, I did it in less than 1.5 hours.

For "achievement hunters" that don't actually care about "playing" the game but just want the fastest route to 1000GS, this 'speed run' time matters, which is why I listed 1 to 5 hours as the play time. (If you could do it in less than one hour, I'd have listed 0 as the lower end of the time range.)

(The site's completion time chart peaks at 3-4 hours, but has votes from 1 to 10 hours.)
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,210,733
    Posted on 04 February 16 at 16:37Permalink
    You also just said that you ran it in 1.5 while being familiar with the game though, so by that, people using this probably won't be running it near that.
  • planting42planting421,467,894
    Posted on 18 March 16 at 01:11Permalink
    Just a note that the author seems to confuse 'left' and 'right' very often. Its not so bad that I can't play it but I've lost count of the number of times I've looked in the wrong place for something now.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • Posted on 18 March 16 at 03:16Permalink
    Ack. I do that in real life too. (I'm also bad at east and west.) PM me with where I've messed it up and I'll fix it.
  • planting42planting421,467,894
    Posted on 21 March 16 at 04:44Permalink
    I've finished it but I'll give it another playthrough in the near future and forward you the spots.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • DtheGamerDadDtheGamerDad315,571
    Posted on 31 May 16 at 10:41Permalink
    Just want to note that one solution for a puzzle lack a "Left".
    Zoom in on the mechanism to the right of the door and use the steel ball on the middle. The goal here is to move all of the colored balls onto their marker, but when you use the arrows to move, every ball (that isn’t blocked by a wall) will move as far as it can. The solution is: Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Down, Left, Down, Left, Up, Left (the purple ball should lock into place), Down, Left, Down, Right, Down (yellow should be locked), Left, Up, Left Up, Left Up, Right Down, Left (green should be locked), Down, Right (blue should be locked), Up, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left (red should be locked).The correct solution is:
    Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Down, Left, Down, Left, Up, Left, Down, Left, Down, Right, Down, Left, Up, Left, Up, Left, Up, Left, Right, Down, Left, Down, Right, Up, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left

I learn it the worst way, searching for a suggestion but end up skipping the game.
  • Posted on 31 May 16 at 16:10, Edited on 01 June 16 at 03:13 by Mike MarcelaisPermalink
    Thanks for the feedback, Dariell D LuPi, but I just checked again (against the PC version) and the solution that I posted works as is without the extra Left.

I can check the xbox version tonight but I recall that this puzzle is completely identical between versions. EDIT: Yes, the XB1 version is identical. As long as you follow the steps exactly, the posted solution works.
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 07:41Permalink
    I have to replay the game cos i skipped that puzzles (i was searching for suggestion) so i'm going to do it again. If you're sure, then i check twice once i come back there. Thank you for the answer.
    Posted on 01 June 16 at 22:22Permalink
    Ok. I'll did it know and the solution i posted works. I leave it here for anyone in trouble.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,407,795
    Posted on 02 June 16 at 07:37, Edited on 02 June 16 at 08:24 by DwaggienitePermalink
    Shortly after the marksman achievement:

"In the snow on the right is a puzzle scene."The puzzle scene is on the left, not the right.

Look on the pipe near the ceiling to find Steambug (8/11). Against the crate on the right is a Crowbar, a Map, and a Gear (1/3).There is no map.
  • Posted on 11 June 16 at 22:47Permalink
    Dwaggienite said:Shortly after the marksman achievement:

"In the snow on the right is a puzzle scene."The puzzle scene is on the left, not the right.
    Quite right. Updated (pending publishing review).

Look on the pipe near the ceiling to find Steambug (8/11). Against the crate on the right is a Crowbar, a Map, and a Gear (1/3).There is no map.The map doesn't show up in your inventory but is available on your navigation menu. My recollection is you can't miss it since the gear is underneath it.
  • Posted on 17 June 16 at 18:02Permalink
    The Zeppelin Landing is often referred to as being on the left when it is on the right. I think that may have been what Planting was referring to as I did notice anything else that was wrong. Other than that the walkthrough was great, thanks!
  • Posted on 17 June 16 at 22:05Permalink
    Thanks, Shadows. A fix is submitted for review.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.