Game Discussion: Rise of the Tomb Raider (Windows)

Windows 10 version for 13$!!!!!

• darkmafia99darkmafia991,678,340
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 21:46
    But the thing what happened before from what I'm apparently seeing is they banned the consoles and not the accounts?

But hey if they wanna ban my account, yeah that would suck but at the end of the day they would lose out on hundreds of dollars over $40? x by how many people have done this, plus contribute +1 on the PS4 train, yeah it states it or something similar in the TOS (Browsed through em), but they are still letting me purchase it with a valid credit card, on a valid windows 10 machine

And potentially they are getting revenue from people that would have never purchased the game, example if this works when I get home, its going to run really badly on my computer but at least if its playable can get some cheevos out of it and if I ever upgrade my video card in the future, but I already bought it on the one and would buy it on 360 on sale and I bought the first TR and TR:DE

So yeah think I've contributed my fair share to the dev toast
  • HandydarknessHandydarkness1,159,001
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 22:01
    I know of a guy who didn't share his Oman account. Had a Bing rewards underneath the name of Abe Lincoln. Still got console banned. There was a previous user on this site who would blatantly advertise cheapest regions in his blog. Banned. His live parties consist of crickets and mothballs. Do what you want.
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,031
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 23:18
    Oman was a completely different scenario. I don't see how you are connecting digital theft using a loophole (Remember, those games weren't meant to be free. They weren't even in the Oman marketplace, you had to very intentionally get to those games) with buying the games using a legitimate payment method.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 23:44
    aha my R7 200 is going to blow up, but if I can even get 20 FPS on super low i'll be content, I wish Nvidia would go ahead and release a successor to the 750Ti, but I guess this what I get for buying a Best Buy build facepalm
  • KhimarhiKhimarhi449,592
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 23:50
    I talked to a microsoft answer tech member and they told me i would not be banned but that the app may not work properly unless i am in the region I bought it in. I asked again and they confirmed I would not be banned. Now, she wasn't an xbox tech so you may want to contact them first before trying this out. But from windows side at least there doesn't seem to be a problem.
  • Throni360Throni3602,546,636
    Posted on 02 February 16 at 00:15
    Khimarhi said:But from windows side at least there doesn't seem to be a problem.They tell you to not buy it from another region (or import the disc) because certain DLC may not work if you buy them in the marketplace of your region. That happens mostly with censored versions for germany and australia vs. the rest of the world.

People change region all the time to get the free GwG and nothing happens.
    Posted on 02 February 16 at 00:49, Edited on 02 February 16 at 00:52 by darkmafia99
    Hmmm surprised no one has mentioned this yet

Ukraine price for Baba Yaga is on par with my local currency (CAD) making it nearly the same price as the full game

Sneaky oversight?

Edit: The DLC would cost 5 cents more if I were to buy it from over there laugh
  • Posted on 02 February 16 at 01:06
    Throni360 said:No one I know that did the Oman trick got banned. What got people banned was SHARING their Oman account so others could download the free games. It's NOT against the rules to create an acocunt in a different region. "Marketplace theft" was the reason (=sharing accounts to get free stuff).

Buy it in India cheap and you will NOT get banned. I use my US profile for years to get deals and even had a japanese and mexican account. Hungary was huge a few years back with AC and Shift for 600MSP. Great deals and nobody got banned.

I jump on every "pricing error" like The Crew Wild Rund Package for $20 a few weeks back or some accidental free games over the last years and nothing happened. But share your account and you can lose everything. That is the golden rule!
    The Crew was just priced incorrectly, that wasn't switching regions or anything. I'm not saying that people shouldn't switch regions, but that situation is nothing like this one.
  • UnsungGhostUnsungGhost651,979
    Posted on 02 February 16 at 02:43
    Ok, I looked into it a little more. Xbox One you're fine doing this on, but the PC is still uncharted territory for "Xbox" games. In the end it seems like Phil Spencer wants everything to be region free, but laws and treaties and other things get in the way of that ideal. So they probably won't punish for it.
    Either way I'm not using my main account as a guinea pig. Good luck to those willing to brave that sea.
    Posted on 02 February 16 at 05:26
    UnsungGhost said:
    Ok, I looked into it a little more. Xbox One you're fine doing this on, but the PC is still uncharted territory for "Xbox" games. In the end it seems like Phil Spencer wants everything to be region free, but laws and treaties and other things get in the way of that ideal. So they probably won't punish for it.
    Either way I'm not using my main account as a guinea pig. Good luck to those willing to brave that sea.
    If it wasn't those braving that sea then North America would never be discovered toast lol

Had a little freakout just now thinking Microsoft was trolling the people who got it by deleting gamesaves, but for some reason the game went into like a suspended background mode, sorta like when you turn off an xbox one with a game running a quick restart brought my save back
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads