Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

I'm Getting Too Old For This

AuthorMessage
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 10 February 16 at 13:26, Edited on 10 February 16 at 13:27 by Evandalist
LewisNoobBuster said:Evandalist said:AwakeDeadeye said:a Fi1thy Casual said:LewisNoobBuster said:As this article progresses I see first-hand the torment of society's promise.

You are all in control of your own destiny, but you hand your wives the remote.

That's a bug LewisNoobBuster will never catch. Marriage is a regretful contract to sign.
We know - you have literally said this to the point of ad nauseam. roll

We get it: you think girls are "icky". It has been noted. Move along.
Not taking any sides, but out of all the girl's I've gotten to know none of them stayed faithful to their partner. When I read "Marriage is a regretful contract to sign." it feels like an echo of the unrest in my heart thinking of it all, maybe he's just had similar experiences.
Maybe you guys should associate with better women then instead of coming to such a ridiculous conclusion based solely on anecdotal evidence derived from limited personal experience?

Nah. That'd be far too mature.

Better to just refer to yourself in the third person like an egotistical jizz mop while spewing pseudo-intellectual drivel all over the place like a raving mental patient who just read some Kurt Vonnegut for the first time.
You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental Reddit wannabes I described in another article. Stop using the latest 'cool' words. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

You can sling passive ad-hominems at me all day if you so choose... but your myopic observation does not refute my core statement.
And what is your core statement, exactly?

Because reading through your contributions to this thread thus far the only thing I'm getting out of them is that you're an exceedingly verbose fuckwit with a penchant for playing the contrarian and who has a stick up his ass almost as big as the chip on his shoulder.

Transparent? You're a fucking windowpane.

But go on and have that "last word" you're so obviously seeking after 11 responses to this thread already that read like the material of a third-rate Bill Hicks impersonator who's been repeatedly struck in the head with a tack hammer.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Assassin Corvo
Posted on 10 February 16 at 14:13
Evandalist said:LewisNoobBuster said:Evandalist said:AwakeDeadeye said:a Fi1thy Casual said:LewisNoobBuster said:As this article progresses I see first-hand the torment of society's promise.

That's a bug LewisNoobBuster will never catch. Marriage is a regretful contract to sign.

Not taking any sides, but out of all the girl's I've gotten to know none of them stayed faithful to their partner. When I read "Marriage is a regretful contract to sign." it feels like an echo of the unrest in my heart thinking of it all, maybe he's just had similar experiences.
Maybe you guys should associate with better women then instead of coming to such a ridiculous conclusion based solely on anecdotal evidence derived from limited personal experience?

Better to just refer to yourself in the third person like an egotistical jizz mop while spewing pseudo-intellectual drivel all over the place like a raving mental patient who just read some Kurt Vonnegut for the first time.
You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental Reddit wannabes I described in another article. Stop using the latest 'cool' words. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

You can sling passive ad-hominems at me all day if you so choose... but your myopic observation does not refute my core statement.

Because reading through your contributions to this thread thus far the only thing I'm getting out of them is that you're an exceedingly verbose fuckwit with a penchant for playing the contrarian and who has a stick up his ass almost as big as the chip on his shoulder.

But go on and have that "last word" you're so obviously seeking after 11 responses to this thread already that read like the material of a third-rate Bill Hicks impersonator who's been repeatedly struck in the head with a tack hammer.
LOL,don't waste your words or energy on the 'guy'.He obviously has deep mummy issues reaching back to childhood.He kind of comes across as a woman-hater & potential serial killer to boot.
Play hard.Play fair!
Alpha Slaybot
Alpha Slaybot
Posted on 10 February 16 at 14:22
LewisNoobBuster said:You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental Reddit wannabes I described in another article. Stop using the latest 'cool' words. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental internet trolls. Stop using words from your 'Word of the Day' toilet paper. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

I too know some long, uncommonly used words, let's use them in a sentence to make me appear cleverer than I actually am:
You're being obstreperous. Let's have a moratorium on being truculent.
Dimmock
Dimmock
Posted on 10 February 16 at 14:46
Alpha Slaybot said:LewisNoobBuster said:You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental Reddit wannabes I described in another article. Stop using the latest 'cool' words. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

You sound JUST like those annoying herd-mental internet trolls. Stop using words from your 'Word of the Day' toilet paper. It's sickeningly transparent. You're trying too hard to disguise the position that you, in-fact, hold.

I too know some long, uncommonly used words, let's use them in a sentence to make me appear cleverer than I actually am:
You're being obstreperous. Let's have a moratorium on being truculent.
I'll never fail to post a relevant blackadder clip when the opportunity arises.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08
omgeezus
omgeezus
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:13, Edited on 10 February 16 at 15:16 by omgeezus
A lot of people keep criticizing because of the age of the author, and I don't think that's the point. It's about growing up and the other things going on in your life that change how you play, what you enjoy, etc.

I'm 27 and understand a lot of this. I was forced to grow up very quickly recently, and just in the past year my gaming-style has changed. I'm not burnt out, but I feel like when I play huge games closely together, that's when I stop enjoying them. I've learned that, at least for myself, between games like Fallout, I need to put several mindless games in between in order to really enjoy the next game that's time consuming.

I also feel like sometimes I don't get into games as quickly as I want. I know I want to play it, and that eventually I will enjoy it, but it doesn't evolve or progress as quickly as I would like and I get frustrated.

Also, I have a boyfriend who isn't into gaming much at all. He is supportive of my gaming and understands achievements. But that is my relationship. I really don't think anyone should be taking shots at how other people handle their relationships, because if their relationship is working, what does it matter to you?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:27, Edited on 10 February 16 at 15:40 by
Evandalist said:LewisNoobBuster said:Evandalist said:AwakeDeadeye said:a Fi1thy Casual said:LewisNoobBuster said:As this article progresses I see first-hand the torment of society's promise.

You play your part well, mortal. My partners will be in contact with you shortly...

Unfortunately for you though- I can read you in every language. Whether that attests to my powers and knowing... or your lack thereof, is yet to be determined.

Your moves were written in stone when the great mammoths roamed; you're as predictable as they come. I've dealt with your ilk many times over, in spiritual lands where you dare not traverse.

I am the son of the lost prophet sent forth from the depths of the underworld.

I am here to render you and your pitiful army completely redundant.

You will have to change your very fiber of being... else live your days in soul-crushing decay.

I am the priggish one. Your intuition does not let you down, my son.

...but that is only because I chose it so.

See- I dictate your very thoughts and actions...

You... and your associates... all bow to my will.

You will not realize this yet because you have not transcended beyond what your mind can envisage.

The physical realm is a place for the needy and the gullible. You dwell within, amid many other lost souls who walk your path.

You can dance to the tune and get merry like the rest... or you can devote yourself to the divine pursuit of knowledge .

The latter I discovered on my own.

In my youth I was a mortal, just like you.

I found many comforts in life.

The 'promise' of which I speak, was fast approaching.

I cut my ties rightly so. The black hole encroaching...I need not ever run. As I always place myself far beyond the current.

Something you will never discover in your current form.

As my mind guided me, I had no need for anything else.

My eyes became obsolete.
My ears became the mere aid of balance.

I speak with unshakable certainty when I tell you this:

You are not what, or who, you think you are.

The wind of change does not dictate my unbinding will. I stand with myself, atop the gargantuan mountain I erected. I brought many years of suffering, all derived from the valour within my acts.

I rip apart oppressors.

You do not exist within my world.
You won't be able to exist within my world.

Your name holds no weight in my domain. My goons had you logged from the moment your mother and father became aroused and his little soldier succumb to tumuscence.

Galvanized words I preach, do not precede my actions.

"I Am Getting Too Old For This."

Dealing with the silly little internet boy who thinks he can stand a minute with the chosen one. You first learn to grow hands and fingers before you throw with Mike.

I am the perfect embodiment of progression.

The 'last word' announcement that you brought to me, stem from a verbally turgid position that tells of a man who's just became aware of his irrelevance. A weak defense is the by-product of your insecurity.

Thus,

I remain tranquil in my state.

...and bestow upon you,

an everlasting-

Goodbye.
Dimmock
Dimmock
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:31, Edited on 10 February 16 at 15:36 by Dimmock
The hell did I just read.

http://i.imgur.com/xVVfZ66.jpg
Mr Gimpson
Mr Gimpson
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:32
Dickhead
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:33
Shut the fuck up.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:37
http://watchout4snakes.com/wo4snakes/Random/RandomParagraph

^ I think this is where he gets his statements from.
This signature does not exist. Also, dragons.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 10 February 16 at 15:47
If only the "Block Gamer" option actually hid said gamer's posts... that would be heaven.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
liner bronson
liner bronson
Posted on 10 February 16 at 16:09
Wyyvern said:http://watchout4snakes.com/wo4snakes/Random/RandomParagraph

^ I think this is where he gets his statements from.
Lol. I think you're onto something. Look what it gave me...

Lewis retires noob buster. When can a linguistic fruit hum behind lewis? The gas bars noob buster with the gasp. Noob buster tortures lewis. The persistent closet mans the opus.
Ranged humanist, melee misanthrope
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 10 February 16 at 16:39
All right. Let's get back on topic.

Mindless preaching will be removed.
Ask me about my rock collection.
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 10 February 16 at 18:54
Shinnizle said:If only the "Block Gamer" option actually hid said gamer's posts... that would be heaven.I think we need to ask Rich to make this a thing....
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
Cristi
Cristi
Posted on 10 February 16 at 20:22, Edited on 10 February 16 at 20:25 by Cristi
Just let him be, alone, under his bridge...
PR0PHECY G1RL
PR0PHECY G1RL
Posted on 10 February 16 at 22:24
I need some of this guy's drugs, STAT.
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 10 February 16 at 23:21
Sooooo.... those Sandbox games! They sure do take a long time to finish, am I right guys?
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 10 February 16 at 23:47
Piston Toyota said:Sooooo.... those Sandbox games! They sure do take a long time to finish, am I right guys? They're incredibly laborious and vexing.

Often times I find myself meandering across the barren wastelands of these sandbox games and it reminds me of days long past when I was but a mere mortal who exploded in to consciousness on a whim from makers beyond the abyss. Those days have long passed and I've since ascended to my ultimate form, regularly traversing the chasms and voids that exist between your plane of existence and my own. In doing so I find I unearthed a profound truth : I am, and always have been, a colossal tool.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 11 February 16 at 00:05
I want to be saved.
Darklord1899
Darklord1899
Posted on 11 February 16 at 00:40
Being playing video games for the last 40 years from Pong in the arcades till Fallout 4... you never get tired of them... sometimes life intercedes and you do not play them as much but they are always there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.