Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Four More Games Are Backwards Compatible

AuthorMessage
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 11 February 16 at 18:37
Yazite said:SiNaCiDe IiI said:lego batman jp seems stackable now can anyone confirm this? I know i could not play this on my black jap box..I heard it only works on the white ones.Xbox 360 games are region free on the XB1, so yes this enables stackable achievements.So far, I have been unable to install LEGO Batman (JP) . Has anyone else been successful?
yamayamayaamaa said:Lego Batman (disc version) won't install onto my Xbox One. Am I the only one with this problem?I no longer have my US copy of LEGO Batman to test , but a friend said he installed off of disc with no problem.
yamayamayaamaa
Posted on 11 February 16 at 18:42
MathGuy42 said:Yazite said:SiNaCiDe IiI said:lego batman jp seems stackable now can anyone confirm this? I know i could not play this on my black jap box..I heard it only works on the white ones.Xbox 360 games are region free on the XB1, so yes this enables stackable achievements.So far, I have been unable to install LEGO Batman (JP) . Has anyone else been successful?
yamayamayaamaa said:Lego Batman (disc version) won't install onto my Xbox One. Am I the only one with this problem?I no longer have my US copy of LEGO Batman to test , but a friend said he installed off of disc with no problem.
Thanks.

To be more specific, it's the version that came in a bundle with Pure. I'm wondering if it's an issue with this bundle?
Large Coffee
Large Coffee
Posted on 11 February 16 at 18:46
Glad to see more titles!
c[_]
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 11 February 16 at 18:54
I read somewhere that they are in the testing fases for BioShock Infinite and Halo Wars for Backward compatibility. And that Red Dead Redemption may be coming to BC, since it was available as backward compatible for a very short time until they pulled it again. Hope they're coming quick.
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:01
Better list than the last one for me.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:05
I'll have to give Trials HD a redo.
kh
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:12
xLsWx said:Still no comment on when DLC will be integrated?Do you mean being able to download it? If so, you can do that already.
xLil SheWolfx
xLil SheWolfx
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:12
Just ordered my copy of Lego Batman JP off of Ebay smile
Gaming 4 Life
BOZA BEAST
BOZA BEAST
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:21
Nobody gives a sh*t. Just give us Black Ops!!!!
Neymar
Elite1111111111
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:35
SpudimusPrime89 said:xLsWx said:Still no comment on when DLC will be integrated?Do you mean being able to download it? If so, you can do that already.Well some games have had issues. Human Revolution's DLC was not available at release for BC (Not sure if it is yet.)
Mikeyoj200
Mikeyoj200
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:48
The lack of bioshock is becoming a bit of a joke
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:49, Edited on 11 February 16 at 20:15 by HolyHalfDead
yamayamayaamaa said:Lego Batman (disc version) won't install onto my Xbox One. Am I the only one with this problem?

To be more specific, it's the version that came in a bundle with Pure. I'm wondering if it's an issue with this bundle?
I don't believe in the case of that bundle the disc was any different. I also have that bundle, and will give it a go when I get home.

Yazite said:SiNaCiDe IiI said:lego batman jp seems stackable now can anyone confirm this? I know i could not play this on my black jap box..I heard it only works on the white ones.Xbox 360 games are region free on the XB1, so yes this enables stackable achievements.Not entirely true. Saying that LEGO Batman (JP) is backward compatible because LEGO Batman is backward compatible, is like saying LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is backward comptible because LEGO Batman is backward compatible.

LEGO Batman and LEGO Batman (JP) are completely different games. There is no mention of backward compatibility being added to LEGO Batman (JP) in this news item.

You may remember them adding games to the list of Xbox backward compatible games, which they continued to add to over a period of 2 years.

"Sneakers - The Japanese version of this game is not supported on the Xbox 360 console"

I'm not saying they won't get around to making LEGO Batman (JP) backward compatible, but if they had to choose between doing that one next or BioShock Infinite, which do you think they should do?
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:51
my Xbox 360 won't download Games on Demand for some weird reason, but my One will....SO i have a list of games I want to see backwards compatible....

none of these are in that list....

*COUGH* Both Marvel Ultimate Alliance Games Please! *UNCOUGH*
Pr0style NL
Pr0style NL
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:52
Damn, the sub title said "A Bat" i was praying so hard the arkham series (or at least 1 of them) would be available
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:53, Edited on 11 February 16 at 19:54 by is that Hydro
BOZA BEAST said:Nobody gives a sh*t. Just give us Black Ops!!!!Read my mind! KINO DER TOTEN!! & still got massive achievements to hunt laugh
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:56
yamayamayaamaa said:MathGuy42 said:Yazite said:SiNaCiDe IiI said:lego batman jp seems stackable now can anyone confirm this? I know i could not play this on my black jap box..I heard it only works on the white ones.Xbox 360 games are region free on the XB1, so yes this enables stackable achievements.So far, I have been unable to install LEGO Batman (JP) . Has anyone else been successful?
Thanks.

xLil SheWolfx said:Just ordered my copy of Lego Batman JP off of Ebay smileMath just said that he cannot get his copy of Lego Batman JP to install.
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 11 February 16 at 19:57
HolyHa1fDead said:Yazite said:SiNaCiDe IiI said:lego batman jp seems stackable now can anyone confirm this? I know i could not play this on my black jap box..I heard it only works on the white ones.Xbox 360 games are region free on the XB1, so yes this enables stackable achievements.Not entirely true. Saying that LEGO Batman (JP) is backward compatible because LEGO Batman is backward compatible, is like saying LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is backward comptible because LEGO Batman is backward compatible.

LEGO Batman and LEGO Batman (JP) are completely different games. There is no mention of backward compatibility being added to LEGO Batman (JP) in this news item.
So far every backwards compatible game that has stacks work except for Lego Batman.
LockAndLuke
LockAndLuke
Posted on 11 February 16 at 20:02, Edited on 11 February 16 at 22:03 by LockAndLuke
Always good to have more content, I always look forward to more 360 games being added to the One, but alas, nothing for me again this time, nothing for me since the first batch actually.
If it works, it isn't stupid.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 11 February 16 at 20:04, Edited on 11 February 16 at 20:11 by HolyHalfDead
CONKER1182 said:So far every backwards compatible game that has stacks work except for Lego Batman.They only work because they made both games backward compatible and released them at the same time, just like the way Gears of War 2 became backward compatible at the same time as Gears of War. Now they are releasing games as soon as they are ready, so LEGO Batman (JP) clearly isn't ready, and there is no guarantee that it will ever be (as was the case with Sneakers with the Xbox backward compatibility).

I think until someone who owns LEGO Batman (JP) has got it working, you shouldn't take the word of people stating that it will work when they don't even own the game, simply because Gears of War 2 (JP) works.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Mtld
Mtld
Posted on 11 February 16 at 20:05
Weird that only one of the Sam&Max games gets the BC treatment...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.