Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Four More Games Are Backwards Compatible

AuthorMessage
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 12 February 16 at 13:35
I8ITackyticsI8I said:Is this the full list of backwards compatibility titles for February? Seems a little short.No. They don't do monthly releases anymore, it's done as games as ready now.
OldManGravz
OldManGravz
Posted on 12 February 16 at 13:36
I8ITackyticsI8I said:Is this the full list of backwards compatibility titles for February? Seems a little short.There's no monthly list now, just as/when they're ready to be released
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 12 February 16 at 13:42, Edited on 12 February 16 at 16:12 by MathGuy42
The Japan backward compatibility list (alternative text version) now includes the other 3 new titles. But LEGO Batman (JP) is still missing. I just tried again to install and failed.
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 12 February 16 at 14:33
HoRus7088 said:What about the DLC for Trials?
It did not show for me under ready to install :(
It showed up for me under the Manage Game menu for Trials HD.
Jewlez
Jewlez
Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:02
Meh
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:58
Not sure why it's taking so long for get this done. If it's just licences (and some testing to ensure games run smoothly), then why aren't publishers chomping at the bit to get their games BackCompat? It can only mean more sales for those with Xbox One who want to play the old games.

It should be hundreds a month. not 4.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 12 February 16 at 16:01
Lord Midas said:Not sure why it's taking so long for get this done. If it's just licences (and some testing to ensure games run smoothly), then why aren't publishers chomping at the bit to get their games BackCompat? It can only mean more sales for those with Xbox One who want to play the old games.

This isn't it for the month, they just release whats ready when its ready now
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
aka Kryptonian
Posted on 12 February 16 at 17:56
Here's what I read at first:

Quantum Break - should all be available right now to play on Xbox One. Talk about disappointment when fully I read the rest.
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
Vaiden Frost
Posted on 12 February 16 at 18:16
Does anyone know if they are going to do backward compat. w/ Red Dead Redemption?
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 12 February 16 at 18:37
DustinNeverBone said:Hopefully this means Alan Wake is on its way.Alan Wake is on it's way, There's a new Xbox One bundle coming for Quantum Break, and Alan Wake is one of the games that comes with it.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 12 February 16 at 18:39
Vaiden Frost said:Does anyone know if they are going to do backward compat. w/ Red Dead Redemption?Yes they are. In fact, it was semi-leak-released a bit ago and people have managed to get it using an exploit I believe. So I'd expect an official announcement fairly soon.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
MeesterLuther
MeesterLuther
Posted on 12 February 16 at 18:59
Is there no love for Skyrim?
SHOTOKANKATANA
Posted on 12 February 16 at 20:34
Cmon Microsoft! Bring something challenging. NINJA GAIDEN 2, NINJA GAIDEN 3 RAZOR'S EDGE!
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 12 February 16 at 21:43
Lord Midas said:Not sure why it's taking so long for get this done. If it's just licences (and some testing to ensure games run smoothly), then why aren't publishers chomping at the bit to get their games BackCompat? It can only mean more sales for those with Xbox One who want to play the old games.

If a game has licensed music or other content, it can take much longer as they would need to get permission from every license holder in order for Microsoft to redistribute the titles. So a game like any GTA with an extensive amount of music in them will take a while to get clearance for every song in the game. Same goes for racing games that use cars from a variety of manufacturers - they need permission from each and every one of the car manufacturers before Microsoft can distribute the BC version of the game to the One. This was not an issue with the 360 and original Xbox games since those ran from the original disc/media and there was no redistribution of the game necessary.

Besides permission and testing, the publisher or developer also needs to submit a splash screen for Microsoft to use when the game starts up. Yes that is a small thing, but something that needs to be done nonetheless.

And as pointed out by another, this is not necessarily the only 4 games that will be released this month - not to mention you've already forgotten the 1st GwG which was also BC (can't include the next one since it was already BC). They now release as they are ready instead of holding them all for one monthly release. There could easily be one or a hundred games available next week. IO Interactive has already confirmed that Hitman Absolution will be BC very soon and they have a desire for all their games to have that feature.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 13 February 16 at 02:41
Am I the only one that doesn't want Red Dead to be backwards compatible?
Personally I want it to be remastered for XB1 so I can play the it over and 100% it again, don't play it anymore now and still wouldn't if they made it BC
Yours sincerely, TG
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 13 February 16 at 02:58
TangerineGamer said:Am I the only one that doesn't want Red Dead to be backwards compatible?
Personally I want it to be remastered for XB1 so I can play the it over and 100% it again, don't play it anymore now and still wouldn't if they made it BC
If they're going to put man hours into Red Dead on Xbox One (something BC doesn't take much of), I'd rather get a third Red Dead.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 13 February 16 at 03:27
alklein92201 said:TangerineGamer said:Am I the only one that doesn't want Red Dead to be backwards compatible?
If they're going to put man hours into Red Dead on Xbox One (something BC doesn't take much of), I'd rather get a third Red Dead.
I would definitely be okay with another western GTA.
Pedle Zelnip
Pedle Zelnip
Posted on 13 February 16 at 05:53
Honestly if backward compatibility means a couple games every few months, then what's the point? I have several hundred 360 games, if I feel like playing one and I have to first go to a website to see if it's compatible, then I'll just throw it in my 360 & not bother.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 13 February 16 at 09:35
Backward compatibility isn't really for people with an Xbox 360. I got Halo, Halo 2, Super Monkey Ball, Baldurs Gate and Jade Empire with my Xbox 360. I didn't own an Xbox and I wanted to play those games. However I do like being able to play Xbox 360 games with an Xbox One controller.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Zeig
Zeig
Posted on 13 February 16 at 14:22
GAMERJET XBL said:More support is always good. I was thinking we were getting a more scheduled release though; seems like these updates are just randomly appearing.They announced that there would be no more large scheduled releases, instead games would just be released as they were ready.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.