Game Discussion: CastleStorm – Definitive Edition

Fear No One - Lvl 1-2 players message me for help

• Posted on 12 February 16 at 16:48, Edited on 16 May 16 at 18:09 by Skeptical MarioPermalink
    EDIT:
    I got Fear No One, but because of how buggy this game's matchmaking can be I will help others get it if I can. Send me a message and we can set up a time to try meeting in a lobby.

In my experience, some people just can't get matched together; if we fail to connect, I won't be able to help. Sorry.

Original post:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Posted on 21 February 16 at 18:50Permalink
    The first session was sort of a success, I think five or six people were able to get the achievement from me. Unfortunately, I am now level 3 despite not winning any matches. Apparently you get points just for completing the match.

It seemed I was only able to connect to certain people no matter how many times I searched. I thought perhaps having too many people search at once was causing these connections to fail, but it could just be something out of my control.

I still need the achievement, but don't want to risk ranking up to level 4, so I won't play in any more sessions anytime soon. I'd like to ask if anyone who already has Fear No One is willing to play until they are rank 4, so that they can get me the achievement.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 18:20Permalink
    Skeptical Mario said:It seemed I was only able to connect to certain people no matter how many times I searched. I thought perhaps having too many people search at once was causing these connections to fail, but it could just be something out of my control.that appears how things are with Castlestorm. the matchmaking system in this game is half broken.

certain people you will connect to with no problem and it will happen right away. If castlestorm is matching two people and the game doesn't like their connections, matchmaking will hang and will either be stuck in spinning gears or you will get the 'game unavailable' error.

if you go to your recently played list, you will see the people Castlestorm tried to match you with even though you never played a game against them.

more or less, you have to back out every 5 minutes and try searching again.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 19:02Permalink
    Yeah, pretty much. In the future I'll make a bunch of short 2-player sessions, so each person gets a shot at connecting with me. But first I need to find someone who can give me the achievement.
  • KlymenosKlymenos337,401
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 05:54, Edited on 28 April 16 at 16:35 by KlymenosPermalink
    I'm level two now, if anyone is still needing help with this please send me a message.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.