Game Discussion: Layers of Fear Forum

Frame Rate and back to main menu

AuthorMessage
Ollie Stacey
Ollie Stacey
Posted on 17 February 16 at 15:02
Hey peeps!

Looking to hear from someone with the full release as I really want to get this game however when playing the trial I keep getting shunned back to the main menu and the frame rate is soooo choppy killing the game play.

Are these 'bugs' still there in the full release?

Thanks
Woop Woop!
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 17 February 16 at 15:15
The frame rate is really bad in the final chapter. Other than that it is bearable in my opinion.

No crashes though.
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Ollie Stacey
Ollie Stacey
Posted on 17 February 16 at 15:37
Good to hear. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the final release would be better, just couldn't find an upto date review. :)
Woop Woop!
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 19 February 16 at 12:14
It's baffling how bad the framerate is given that it's not exactly the most spectacular looking game round.
Ratpoizen
Ratpoizen
Posted on 15 March 17 at 17:32
The frame rate is pretty bad, even for an indie game. I've only just started the game and its giving me a headache/making me tired playing it. I turned headbobble off and it helped a tiny bit.
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 15 March 17 at 18:11
I too was disappointed with the frame rate although I enjoyed the game overall. I found turning off the controller acceleration setting was more effective than the head bob at smoothing the panning of the first person view.

I think this is the first fully 3D game (i.e. not 2.5D) I've played that used the Unity game engine. It would be interesting to know why the developers chose it and whether or not they were hitting limitations of the engine or perhaps just struggled to make the best use of it.
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 16 March 17 at 16:34
My assumption was just because the world is constantly changing, there's probably a tonne in the background that you can't actually see until you hit a 'trigger', such as going through a door or reaching a certain point and having to turn around.

Either way I don't think it ended up hampering the game too much.
Den and Em
Den and Em
Posted on 11 November 17 at 17:39
Anyone tried playing the game on a One X yet? Is the frame rate improved at all?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.