Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Layers of Fear Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Posted on 18 February 16 at 20:22
Please use this thread to discuss the Layers of Fear walkthrough
Posted on 29 February 16 at 00:43, Edited on 05 December 16 at 16:51 by Yazite
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: https://www.trueachievements.com/layers-of-fear-walkthro....htm

Due to the recent site changes, the new link for the walkthrough is:

Layers of Fear Walkthrough
wellingtonbalbo
Posted on 04 March 16 at 21:56
Many thanks for your work clap
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 04 March 16 at 22:04
You're welcome!

If anyone has any questions regarding the WT or the game in general, please feel free to post them here. I will respond ASAP. There's no such thing as a stupid question afterall! smile
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 24 May 16 at 05:49
Really minor but on page 8 there is a typo: ""**When you wake up, leave the room and chest the chest". Presumably should be open the chest?

On page 9 regarding the 'Finishing Touch' achievement, it seems to be the opinion that this only unlocks for ending #2 (wife). I got ending #3 (wife & child) on my first run without a guide and ending #1 (self) when following the walkthrough to get collectibles.

Also on page 9 you mention about rooms being in a different order depending on the system. Do you mean PC vs Xbox vs PS4? If so, I don't really see the point in that being in the guide on an Xbox site. Would be less confusing if you just removed that. The order seemed to match for me.

Thanks for the guide. I did like the video for the collectibles too.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:13
Fixed the typo.

Yes, I believe the majority of people will unlock Finishing Touch on ending 2.

If I remember correctly, the order of the rooms were different between PS4 and Xbox One. I'll remove it.
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 25 May 16 at 06:04
Had to do two runs tonight in order to unlock the wife ending - got the damn wife + child one again first! :)

Before my second run I came across this guide:

http://www.gameskinny.com/q8ez1/layers-of-fear-endings-guide

It suggests that you only die once to the ghost of your wife for that ending. My final run was pretty much a speed run taking around 40 minutes and the only non-story related item I picked up were the bandages. I let her get me at the "Don't look back" section.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 25 May 16 at 10:48
Lucky you! Wife and child is notoriously the hardest one to see, so you saved yourself a lot of time there. smile
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 07 August 16 at 01:58, Edited on 07 August 16 at 02:05 by iTz Canada Ehh
Thanks for the walkthrough bud, I'm a wimp and defs wouldn't have been able to play without one! A few things though:

-In regards to Mr Fiddler's comment about the rooms being the same, for me it wasn't. I came across the ouija board room first, then the windowsill, so it may still be different regardless of platform.

-I was able to unlock ending #1 on my first run following the walkthrough word for word, only dying when you mentioned it for the achievement, and getting all collectibles, if that helps anyone.

-In Chapter 4, after you come out of the child's room and go to the left for the collectible toy gun in the cabinet, I'm pretty sure you do not need it for the collectibles. I purchased the game when it was on sale the first week of July, and the cabinet for where the gun would be is locked for me, yet I was still able to get the achievement.

Thanks again! I'll have to use this walkthrough at least two more times now lol

*Edit*: Also took me about 2 hours and 40 minutes as a rough time estimate for beating the story and all collectibles.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 05 December 16 at 16:56
Due to the recent site changes, the new link to the WT is:

Layers of Fear Walkthrough
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
bearfats
bearfats
Posted on 12 April 17 at 09:14
This is really minor, but in Chapter 2 when you have to open the safe in the room with the fire place and deer head, it might be an idea to explain how to open the safe as I was trying constantly entering the correct digits but it just wasn't opening.

As someone who hasn't really ever used a safe, I didn't know to try anti-clockwise, clockwise, anticlockwise or vice versa and had to Google it :( (Who says video games don't contain transferable skills right?)

I'm currently going through the walkthrough right now and it's great, thanks a bunch for it!!! :)
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 12 April 17 at 09:24
I'll add that now, thanks
Wake me, when you need me.
JUSTTHINKSD
JUSTTHINKSD
Posted on 29 April 17 at 20:20
you missed one note of DLC.The loctation is one of workshop's drawers.
JUSTTHINKSD
JUSTTHINKSD
Posted on 29 April 17 at 21:29
and by my test the henry marvin card don't count the achievement
JUSTTHINKSD
JUSTTHINKSD
Posted on 29 April 17 at 22:17
look my solution:
JUSTTHINKSD Layers of Fear This could be important JUSTTHINKSD's solution for the This could be important Achievement in Layers of FearRead every note in the game.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 19 May 17 at 11:10, Edited on 19 May 17 at 11:13 by vSully
I followed the self-portrait video guide in the walkthrough for my second playthrough. I had found most of the collectibles myself from the first playthrough and got what I was missing using that video. The memories and words achievements didn't pop. Rat drawings did. I guess it's possible that I missed a word since they aren't tracked, although I doubt it, but the book in the main room has all 16 photos/letters in it (which I compared with the video from the collectibles page), so I definitely have all of those. These two achievement trackers show 93/95% respectively. Any ideas? All I can think to do is delete my save data and play through again, collecting everything all over.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 21 May 17 at 07:23
I see you have the achievements now. What was the issue?
vSully
vSully
Posted on 22 May 17 at 20:24, Edited on 22 May 17 at 20:26 by vSully
I had actually missed one of the word items – the paint pallet in the fireplace towards the end. I did a quick play through and collected everything again, and that achievement popped when I picked that up. But the achievement for the mementos didn't as I could and collect them over because I had already gotten them. I ended up taking my Xbox offline and deleting my local save data, then collecting all of the mementos again. Upon reconnecting to Xbox live, the achievement popped.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 22 May 17 at 20:38
Ah okay. So there's nothing wrong with the WT then? (Sorry if that sounds rude, it's not meant to be)
vSully
vSully
Posted on 22 May 17 at 21:07, Edited on 22 May 17 at 21:09 by vSully
No. I guess I shouldn't have posted here to begin with. I was just irritated that I had what was definitely all of the mementos but the achievement didn't pop. And I didn't know where else to ask for help. Not a walkthrough issue. Good job on it, by the way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.