Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Layers of Fear Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Shadow XBL
Shadow XBL
Posted on 26 May 17 at 14:19
Thank you!! Using this now. Error I found:

"Now, look to the left of the painting and on the ground will be a picture" - this is to the right of the painting, not the left.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 26 May 17 at 15:11
Thanks, that is fixed pending overseer update.
Wake me, when you need me.
amenazamenor JF
Posted on 14 October 17 at 22:29
Hi, thanks for the guide. It has been very helpful, I'm almost done with the game, I just have to get one of the DLC endings.

I followed your guide step by step, and I didn't get the DLC collectible achievement. Then I noticed that the WT is missing one of the notes, which is located in a drawer in the workshop, just by the blurred picture.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 15 October 17 at 08:50
Hi, thanks for letting me know. Do you mean in the workshop before entering the flashback?
amenazamenor JF
Posted on 15 October 17 at 13:56
Yes, or after exiting it, doesn't matter. The note is inside the right drawer.
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 08 January 18 at 05:18
The typo noted by Mr Fiddler on 24 May 2016 still exists: "**When you wake up, leave the room and chest the chest in the room to find W#22. " It was noted as fixed, but it isn't.

Also, I would have found it helpful if the mementos had been numbered in the walkthrough in the same order that they are placed in the scrapbook. That would make it tons easier for a player to figure out which one he has, and by elimination, which ones he needs. The same applies with the rat drawings, but to a lesser extent because the two-word titles make it easier to see which of them one already has.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 08 January 18 at 20:18
Lt Davo said:
The typo noted by Mr Fiddler on 24 May 2016 still exists: "**When you wake up, leave the room and chest the chest in the room to find W#22. "
I just burst out laughing after reading that haha. Thanks that's fixed, although the Walkthrough no longer has an overseer so I don't know how long it will take to appear live.

Lt Davo said:
Also, I would have found it helpful if the mementos had been numbered in the walkthrough in the same order that they are placed in the scrapbook. That would make it tons easier for a player to figure out which one he has, and by elimination, which ones he needs. The same applies with the rat drawings, but to a lesser extent because the two-word titles make it easier to see which of them one already has.
The only thing is that the scrapbook itself is not organised in the order in which the mementos appear. Essentially though you were hoping to see for example, the first collectable in the scrapbook, which is in fact M#11, labelled as scrapbook #1 or something?
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 08 January 18 at 20:24
Update's already live, me and Radical get PM's for changes too, so small things like this we can just push through if there's no active overseer.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 08 January 18 at 20:27
Nice one!
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 09 January 18 at 00:36, Edited on 09 January 18 at 00:37 by Lt Davo
Yazite said:
Lt Davo said:
The only thing is that the scrapbook itself is not organised in the order in which the mementos appear. Essentially though you were hoping to see for example, the first collectable in the scrapbook, which is in fact M#11, labelled as scrapbook #1 or something?
Yes, the first photo on the first page of the scrapbook would be Memento #1, and the big photo of the wife on the last page would be Memento #16. It's easier to fill in gaps in your scrapbook if you can say, "I'm missing the 4th memento in the scrapbook; I'll see which Walkthrough chapter has Memento #4."
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 02 October 18 at 03:21
Inheritance DLC collectibles are wrong. I'm stuck at 95%, can't figure out which one is the last piece.
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 17 October 18 at 13:29
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Inheritance DLC collectibles are wrong. I'm stuck at 95%, can't figure out which one is the last piece.
There's a solution for that:
Lt Davo Layers of Fear This could be important Lt Davo's solution for the This could be important Achievement in Layers of FearRead every note in the game.
#16 on TA's site leaderboard, Gamer by Completion Percentage (All DLC packs) ... when I'm not working on a game.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 17 October 18 at 13:57
I will do my best to review the DLC section. Thanks for saying the walkthrough sucks by the way.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 06 November 18 at 18:12
My apologies, it's a great walkthrough for the original game so thank you for going back to update it. My frustration was based on having to play through the DLC a total of 5 times.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 07 November 18 at 08:14
All good. Dang3R Gaming when you get a chance would you mind approving the updated version, thanks
CatTully
CatTully
Posted on 11 February 19 at 06:12
“Head out of the workshop and up the stairs. Head left into the bedroom and look at the gramophone for a flashback.“

The bedroom is right when you get up the stairs. I went left and ended up in the fathers office which pretty much immediately triggered the quarrel vision. I was able to go back through the walkthrough and pick up the collectibles I missed but with not knowing about the quarrel vision and what to do in it yet I fucked up the achievement for sticking with one parent. Which means the only ending I was eligible for was the forgiveness one and I now have to do an extra play through.
CatTully
CatTully
Posted on 11 February 19 at 06:36
Also at some point in the dlc walkthrough you have us going to pick up the same collectible twice first describing it as a note and then next time describing it as a picture. it was quite confusing and I spent a lot of time retracing my steps in that section trying to find the “note”
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 11 February 19 at 10:50
CatTully said:
Also at some point in the dlc walkthrough you have us going to pick up the same collectible twice first describing it as a note and then next time describing it as a picture. it was quite confusing and I spent a lot of time retracing my steps in that section trying to find the “note”
Can you tell me where this is exactly?
CatTully
CatTully
Posted on 11 February 19 at 14:02
“Go back to the easel area and head down the path with the paw prints. Head left at the split, then follow the white trail until you see a flower. Approach it then quickly pick up the note below it. “

“Head down the south (grey) path and at the split, head left. Pick up the photo, then wait till you can move again,”

The south (grey) path is the same path with the paw prints, which leads to the picture by the flower. There was no note.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 11 February 19 at 14:43
Okay gotcha. For some reason it was indeed listed twice. Thanks for letting me know. Dang3R Gaming please can you approve those changes
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.