The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 23rd, 2016

AuthorMessage
Golden Sequence
Posted on 24 February 16 at 01:40
I knew waiting on saints row would've been worth it! two games for the price of 7.50 is extreamly good!
Happy gaming.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 24 February 16 at 01:44
Metro needs BC. Ugh. I have it on my 360 w/ DLC forever.
Ask me about my rock collection.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 24 February 16 at 01:45, Edited on 24 February 16 at 01:59 by HolyHalfDead
Lot's of other stuff is supposed to be on sale this week. I might pop back tomorrow with a list, until then - HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Special Offers and Free Stuff (23rd February 2016) UPDATED

Strokes Daily said:anyway to get those bioshock DE and bioshock JP? im on a US xbox account. wanna get those for when they are BCFear The People said:Does anyone know how to go about getting the DE variants of bioshock?
I have a pal xbox
Easiest way is to buy them on eBay.

They probably aren't compatible with your NTSC Xbox 360. This means you have to buy them on xbox.com. You will need another account for each country, with gold, with a valid payment method and billing address for that country. You could create one account for Germany, buy everything and then move the account to Japan and buy the rest (you can move an account once every 3 months). You will also get a free game from Japan on 16th March 2016, I just don't know which one yet.

Even then, if the content is region locked you will need a VPN to give yourself an ip address in that country, and that is where it starts getting dodgy (faking your billing address is also a bit iffy).

dropK1CK ninJA said:Metro needs BC. Ugh. I have it on my 360 w/ DLC forever.Yeah, it's called Redux, so I expect that means it is near the bottom of the BC pile. Spend the $7.50, enjoy both the new versions with all dlc included, and maybe one day you can stack the 360 achievements.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
deluxnugs
deluxnugs
Posted on 24 February 16 at 01:46, Edited on 24 February 16 at 01:47 by deluxnugs
I tried downloading the bioshocks recently from the U.S. using the instructions to make an acct from the corresponding regions and couldn't get it to work. I'm in the U.S. and still have to find a way to get the update for the DE version as I bought discs offline. now I'm waiting for them to become bc.
Sheep: People who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 24 February 16 at 01:51
Several things I might want here if they were BC. Maybe it's time to fix or replace the 360.
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 24 February 16 at 02:34
I so want to buy Gears 2 DLCs and it seems they never put them for purchase on BR Marketplace, fuck MS! angry
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 24 February 16 at 02:39
$7.50 for the metro bundle? fuck me running, did the $18 deal on black friday and haven't got to either as waiting to finish the disc one already haha... ah well, Saint's Row 1 & 2 isn't too shabby just so I don't have to hunt for the discs...
MadMirror
MadMirror
Posted on 24 February 16 at 02:48, Edited on 24 February 16 at 02:49 by MadMirror
Does anyone know how to get bioshock, sasints row 1 and 3 to buy and download. Saints row 2 was only one that let me buy and downloaded. My xbox is pal console and im using german account also gold. know how to get it going?
Geoffistopheles
Posted on 24 February 16 at 03:07
Any opinions on The Escapists? I've got a general idea of the gameplay, but I haven't seen it pan out just yet. Worth $10 for the whole set?
Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
DEPCoiffure
DEPCoiffure
Posted on 24 February 16 at 03:13
EldestGhostkill said:Highly recommending Spec Ops for any one that doesn't have it yetDefinitely agree with you, really nice storyline and the civilian part is so immersive.. I'm so hyped out to play it again on this account.

Btw really great sale, copin' 1 or 2 games for sure.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 24 February 16 at 03:55
Must...resist...temptation to buy Escapists ands its DLC...anticipate...Games With Gold...

Suddenly personal Microsoft Wallet is $10 less than previous value

Damn it all.
Mo the Surfer
Mo the Surfer
Posted on 24 February 16 at 04:22
Now that's a decent sale. Why couldn't we have sales like that around Christmas??
The new dashboard sux!
XxFrAsZeRxX
XxFrAsZeRxX
Posted on 24 February 16 at 04:28
If I were to buy the DE version of Bioshock, would it work on my XB1 when it eventually becomes backwards compatible? I know I wouldn't have access to it on my NTSC 360, as stated above. Just wondering if I should buy this or not, in anticipation for it to get added to backwards compatibility so I can stack it later.
PrimeBigTime
PrimeBigTime
Posted on 24 February 16 at 04:29
Damn this sale is good. Getting at least five games and many for half the price of a coffee.

The only thing pissing me off is that Bioshock burial at sea is never on sale. So I have to buy the season pass, which is cheaper, to get the one piece of dlc I don't have. angry
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 24 February 16 at 06:18
Sale this week is amazing. This it the kind of stuff I hope for every week. I caved and got the SR IV bundle. I'd been watching it for over a year. $19 on one sale, then $16 during the ultimate game sale.

Also thinking about grabbing GOW2 DLC.
Phoenix BLK
Phoenix BLK
Posted on 24 February 16 at 06:26
Damn no discount on saints IV bundle for AU. Still need to start metro, hasn't even left its case yet haha
It's been emotional
matdan
matdan
Posted on 24 February 16 at 07:04
MadMirror said:Does anyone know how to get bioshock, sasints row 1 and 3 to buy and download. Saints row 2 was only one that let me buy and downloaded. My xbox is pal console and im using german account also gold. know how to get it going?I would be curious to this as-well, tried both on the Xbox 360 marketplace and says not available in this region as well as the online store which just won't work with the address. Works for any other country.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
King GBF
King GBF
Posted on 24 February 16 at 07:31
If you have a german account, you can only download Bioshock DE, for example. Back in the day, the "normal" version of Bioshock was IP-locked for german gamers. Don't know about the SR's, but probably the same as a lot of games published in germany receive a lot of cuts before hitting the stores.
IKV91
IKV91
Posted on 24 February 16 at 07:40
Damn this might be one of the better weeks I've seen in a long time.
Brynjolf
darkavenger786
Posted on 24 February 16 at 07:57
I'd highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line. One of thoses rare gems of a game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.