The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 23rd, 2016

• ghostlymostlyghostlymostly1,609,684
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 08:30
    The escapists + dlc for me :)
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,282,085
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 08:45
    Geoffistopheles said:Any opinions on The Escapists? I've got a general idea of the gameplay, but I haven't seen it pan out just yet. Worth $10 for the whole set?Although I haven't played it I have got it because I've heard good things and, knowing you slightly, I think you'd dig it.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Erik SeidelErik Seidel209,228
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 09:41
    EaseAndInspire said:o DEEVIUS o said:Everything I would ever want here I already completed ages ago.

What about these Dead Islands though? i've heard mixed things about them, are they all cell-shaded?
    Really good games, need some coop buddies though... Also alot of people complain about glitches but I never had any... Not cell shaded and a steal for 3 bucks
    Slight correction: Only Escape Dead Island is cell-shaded. A spin-off with overall bad reviews.

Also keep in mind that you can only play Dead Island (1) coop via system link (if you wanna play couch coop; not sure if it had online coop). I can't say anything about the quality of the games, though because I refused to play when I realized it had no splitscreen.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,921
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 10:42
    Some great deals there, especially the Bioshock games for anyone that's not played them. Recently got both Metro games for free on the 360 with GWG so won't be bothering with them on the One as well, but it's a steal for anyone who missed them (or wants to stack).
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,061,935
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 11:21
    ChewieOnIce said:Geoffistopheles said:Any opinions on The Escapists? I've got a general idea of the gameplay, but I haven't seen it pan out just yet. Worth $10 for the whole set?Although I haven't played it I have got it because I've heard good things and, knowing you slightly, I think you'd dig it.Officially Wookie-endorsed! Now I have someone accountable for when I don't like it!

Seriously though, appreciate the recommendation. It'll probably stay backlogged for a bit, and worst case scenario, this is gearing up to be a great 2016 Bean Dive.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • SpilnerSpilner877,608
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 12:02
    Nothing for me again, which is good for the backlog.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 12:09
    Great now I have to get the Metro bundle.smile
  • BillarghBillargh388,519
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 12:19
    Bioshock Infinite season pass for a fiver, sign me up!

Probably going to pick up Metro Redux too, already have them both of 360 but for £6 I'll happily play them again.
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,064,495
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 13:30
    I've considered getting Metro Redux and The Escapists for a while now. Almost got them multiple times but held off. These are nice prices though, so I figure there's no reason not to get them now.

Overall, this week has a lot of good stuff on sale. It's probably the best sale in a while. Too bad I have most of it already.
  • darkmafia99darkmafia991,185,352
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 14:11
    Hmmm Metro Redux Bundle

To stack or not to stack that is the question

Played the disc one back in August, and then the 360 one right after, and then read the book

May just grab it and then play it when its not so fresh in my mind

Only other one that has me interested could SR 1 for $2 aha, but played SR2 last year and that game had not aged well

Will my eyes burn if I play SR 1?
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 14:19
    Damn, just realized how many of these sale games I already have that I haven't even started yet. Good games though.
  • Excited MilkExcited Milk289,565
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 15:39
    Getting the Redux Bundle, the price is too good to pass up, but then again, I'm thinking it might be a GWG in the future...o well
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 15:56
    Nothing that I want this week either. I dont remember last time there was something i wanted. Its great! lol
  • MoneyShot360MoneyShot360648,312
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 16:16
    I have a feeling Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will be April or May's Games with Gold given that they are on sale heavily right now and they were GwG for the 360 back in August of 2015. Seems to be the trend for MS where they put it on sale right before they make it free to milk everything out of it they can.
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 16:47
    MoneyShot360 said:I have a feeling Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will be April or May's Games with Gold given that they are on sale heavily right now and they were GwG for the 360 back in August of 2015. Seems to be the trend for MS where they put it on sale right before they make it free to milk everything out of it they can.People keep saying that but as the person who compiles these every week I don't really see that trend. Do you have examples?
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 17:41
    ChewieOnIce said:MoneyShot360 said:I have a feeling Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will be April or May's Games with Gold given that they are on sale heavily right now and they were GwG for the 360 back in August of 2015. Seems to be the trend for MS where they put it on sale right before they make it free to milk everything out of it they can.People keep saying that but as the person who compiles these every week I don't really see that trend. Do you have examples?I've actually seen a trend, but not this one. If you check all the games that were GWG up to now, most of them had a price drop for their regular price a few months before going GWG. There are many examples on the xbox 360. You'd have to check their regular prices on xbldb.com and the date they were GWG. I'm not going to do that for each one but I can give you 2-3 examples.

Dishonored price drop on 01-05-2014 from 29.99 to 19.99. Went GWG on 15-08-2014.
    Halo Reach price drop on 06-05-2014 from 29.99 to 24.99. Went GWG on 15-09-2014.

And a more recent example to show that this trend still holds true:

Crysis 3 price drop on 30-04-2015 from 39.99 to 19.99. Went GWG on 15-09-2015.

And all of these games were also on sale between the time of their price drops and going GWG.

So take this as you will. But when I see a price drop, I ain't buying that game. It depends on the publisher as well and the genre of the game. Forza Horizon 2 went down in price, but I doubt they'll give that GWG. But if there are games with the GWG potential and from publishers that already had a few of their games offered as GWG, then based on my research, I refrain from buying them on sale.

And look at Square Enix. 11 of their games, including Supreme Commander 2, were GWG. I am sure, beyond a doubt, that Sleeping Dogs DE and Murdered: Soul Suspect (both) will be GWG in the future.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,172,774
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 17:46
    Just fyi if you don't need to buy Borderlands JP's DLC as the game for some reasons comes with it when you install on Xbox One. Like a GOTY type thing.
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 17:46
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:ChewieOnIce said:MoneyShot360 said:I have a feeling Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will be April or May's Games with Gold given that they are on sale heavily right now and they were GwG for the 360 back in August of 2015. Seems to be the trend for MS where they put it on sale right before they make it free to milk everything out of it they can.People keep saying that but as the person who compiles these every week I don't really see that trend. Do you have examples?I've actually seen a trend, but not this one. If you check all the games that were GWG up to now, most of them had a price drop for their regular price a few months before going GWG. There are many examples on the xbox 360. You'd have to check their regular prices on xbldb.com and the date they were GWG. I'm not going to do that for each one but I can give you 2-3 examples.

Dishonored price drop on 01-05-2014 from 29.99 to 19.99. Went GWG on 15-08-2014.
    Halo Reach price drop on 06-05-2014 from 29.99 to 24.99. Went GWG on 15-09-2014.

And a more recent example to show that this trend still holds true:

Crysis 3 price drop on 30-04-2015 from 39.99 to 19.99. Went GWG on 15-09-2015.

And all of these games were also on sale between the time of their price drops and going GWG.

So take this as you will. But when I see a price drop, I ain't buying that game. It depends on the publisher as well and the genre of the game. Forza Horizon 2 went down in price, but I doubt they'll give that GWG. But if there are games with the GWG potential and from publishers that already had a few of their games offered as GWG, then based on my research, I refrain from buying them on sale.

And look at Square Enix. 11 of their games, including Supreme Commander 2, were GWG. I am sure, beyond a doubt, that Sleeping Dogs DE and Murdered: Soul Suspect (both) will be GWG in the future.
    Good data! Yeh I see a much stronger trend with things like publisher. Square Enix being the stand-out. The price drop thing is interesting and would explain why I don't really see the "it's on sale therefore GwG soon" argument as holding as much weight. General price drops are a lot more under the radar. Still, I wouldn't call a few or even a handful a trend amongst a fairly high number of outliers, both in terms of plenty of titles getting price drops and not getting GwG and plenty of GwG that haven't seen recent price drops.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,210,071
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.