The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 23rd, 2016

• Posted on 24 February 16 at 18:30
    Meh, USA only and to redeem I would need to set up VPN to be able to download it, too much trouble roll
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,210,071
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 18:56, Edited on 24 February 16 at 18:57 by Oriole2682
    Im pretty sure DLC codes are universal, also he will msg you the code so I don't think it matters where you live

EDIT: That link is for the DLC All Fronts ONLY...so not sure what you mean by new copy
  • MoneyShot360MoneyShot360648,312
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 19:46, Edited on 24 February 16 at 19:51 by MoneyShot360
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 20:40
    Is Dead Island Riptide likely to become a Games with Gold title?
    The Zestiest of Potatoes
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 20:43, Edited on 24 February 16 at 20:45 by Marcos Aspira
    Oriole2682 said:Im pretty sure DLC codes are universal, also he will msg you the code so I don't think it matters where you live

EDIT: That link is for the DLC All Fronts ONLY...so not sure what you mean by new copy
    I typed before seeing the link was DLC only... but as far as I am concerned, MS blocks the region and IP address so I would need to do the hard way (VPN, 2nd account) cry

The seller says he'll only send to USA, so...
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,282,085
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 20:58
    A Zesty Potato said:Is Dead Island Riptide likely to become a Games with Gold title?Could do. Could not do. Any answer you get would be a guess and could easily be a wrong one. You might say its predecessor being one is an indicator but it wouldn't be a sure one. Regardless, it's up to you what's more of a issue for you: spend a few dollars then it goes free or sit it out and it never goes free.
  • TechnoTomatoTechnoTomato574,398
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 21:36
    Good sales this week, tempted by Saints Row bundle.
    TechnoTomato
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,759,295
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 21:43
    Bought SR IV, Gat Out of Hell, Metro 2033 Redux, Metro Last Light Redux, The Escapists and the DLC bundle for it.

Soooo IMO easily the best DwG week since the big Christmas sale.
  • ChrisChros87ChrisChros87126,737
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 21:49
    Ill only be getting the Borderlands Pre Sequel Season Pass, bit of incentive to go back on the X360. Really tempted for the SR bundle, just dont know if I'll get time to play it and if it'll hold my interest. Played a fair bit of 1 & 2, 3rd I played for just a few hours
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 21:56
    so many good games on sale this week and for good prices! Now if only all this stuff was backwards compatible warning
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 22:04
    xPut Name Herex said:Must...resist...temptation to buy Escapists ands its DLC...anticipate...Games With Gold...

Suddenly personal Microsoft Wallet is $10 less than previous value

Damn it all.
    I feel the same way.

Damnit
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 24 February 16 at 22:22
    Erik Seidel said:EaseAndInspire said:o DEEVIUS o said:Everything I would ever want here I already completed ages ago.

What about these Dead Islands though? i've heard mixed things about them, are they all cell-shaded?
    Really good games, need some coop buddies though... Also alot of people complain about glitches but I never had any... Not cell shaded and a steal for 3 bucks
    Slight correction: Only Escape Dead Island is cell-shaded. A spin-off with overall bad reviews.

Also keep in mind that you can only play Dead Island (1) coop via system link (if you wanna play couch coop; not sure if it had online coop). I can't say anything about the quality of the games, though because I refused to play when I realized it had no splitscreen.
    Right, escape dead island is cell shaded and looks terrible, dead island 1 is online coop fyi
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • TrEX 71RTrEX 71R643,118
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 04:01
    Metro for me!
  • xZx Moose 74xZx Moose 74206,114
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 07:13
    Anyone have any thoughts on Evolve? Not really worried about completing it, more looking for a fun co-op game thats still active.
  • TickTockRobTickTockRob250,463
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 09:43
    No one mentioned the Evolve season passes (possibly not surprising!).

Has anyone bought them? Are they worth it?
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,921
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 10:03
    Screw it, picked up the Metro Redux bundle. Got both games free on 360 but have been informed that Redux is not just a graphical upgrade, so for £6 it's not really a difficult decision to make. Now I just need to work through my backlog to get to them....
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,990
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 11:26, Edited on 25 February 16 at 11:37 by HolyHalfDead
    A Zesty Potato said:Is Dead Island Riptide likely to become a Games with Gold title?It already has, I grabbed it when it was GwG in February 2014.

They might make it GwG again, for example Metro 2033 has been GwG twice now, and there are some games that have been GwG as many as 6 times already!

Marcos Aspira said:Oriole2682 said:Im pretty sure DLC codes are universal, also he will msg you the code so I don't think it matters where you live

I typed before seeing the link was DLC only... but as far as I am concerned, MS blocks the region and IP address so I would need to do the hard way (VPN, 2nd account) cry

The seller says he'll only send to USA, so...
    That all changed with the region free Xbox One and BC. If you own it, you can download it. For example I downloaded the NTSC version of Witcher 2 to my Xbox One, and I am in a PAL region.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89496,544
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 11:27
    Promised myself I wouldn't buy myself any games until the backlog went down...

Anyway, Escapists + DLC purchased!
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,061,935
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 11:30
    HolyHa1fDead said:A Zesty Potato said:Is Dead Island Riptide likely to become a Games with Gold title?It already has, I grabbed it when it was GwG in February 2014.

They might make it GwG again, as there are some games that have been GwG as many as 6 times already!
    Dead Island was GwG, not Dead Island Riptide.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,990
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.