The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 23rd, 2016

• Lord BaneJLord BaneJ263,040
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 16:52
    For an almost 5 years old game, Gears of War 3 Season Pass is still too expensive ...
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,282,085
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 16:52, Edited on 25 February 16 at 16:53 by ChewieOnIce
    OfficerBarbrady said:HolyHa1fDead said:Geoffistopheles said:Dead Island was GwG, not Dead Island Riptide.Oh really ;) HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Games with GoldRiptide was only in South Africa when Dead Island was available for everyone else. TA never covered it, so I'd be surprised if more than a small handful of people one the site even knew about it.The fact that it was made free anyway, even for just one country, does lend credence to the theory that it will be made a more general offering at a future date though as the precedence is there. I believe that happened with Metro 2033. It's no guarantee though.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 16:59
    ChewieOnIce said:OfficerBarbrady said:HolyHa1fDead said:Geoffistopheles said:Dead Island was GwG, not Dead Island Riptide.Oh really ;) HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Games with GoldRiptide was only in South Africa when Dead Island was available for everyone else. TA never covered it, so I'd be surprised if more than a small handful of people one the site even knew about it.The fact that it was made free anyway, even for just one country, does lend credence to the theory that it will be made a more general offering at a future date though as the precedence is there. I believe that happened with Metro 2033. It's no guarantee though.Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be free sometime near the release of Dead Island 2.
    S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 17:04
    OfficerBarbrady said:ChewieOnIce said:OfficerBarbrady said:HolyHa1fDead said:Geoffistopheles said:Dead Island was GwG, not Dead Island Riptide.Oh really ;) HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Games with GoldRiptide was only in South Africa when Dead Island was available for everyone else. TA never covered it, so I'd be surprised if more than a small handful of people one the site even knew about it.The fact that it was made free anyway, even for just one country, does lend credence to the theory that it will be made a more general offering at a future date though as the precedence is there. I believe that happened with Metro 2033. It's no guarantee though.Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be free sometime near the release of Dead Island 2.Good shout. Though chances of that seeing the light of day are currently slim.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 20:23
    ChewieOnIce said:OfficerBarbrady said:ChewieOnIce said:OfficerBarbrady said:HolyHa1fDead said:Geoffistopheles said:Dead Island was GwG, not Dead Island Riptide.Oh really ;) HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Games with GoldRiptide was only in South Africa when Dead Island was available for everyone else. TA never covered it, so I'd be surprised if more than a small handful of people one the site even knew about it.The fact that it was made free anyway, even for just one country, does lend credence to the theory that it will be made a more general offering at a future date though as the precedence is there. I believe that happened with Metro 2033. It's no guarantee though.Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be free sometime near the release of Dead Island 2.Good shout. Though chances of that seeing the light of day are currently slim.My theory is they got a glimpse of dying light, looked at their own game and said well shit we cant release this trash now
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • D1SCOD1SCO495,810
    Posted on 25 February 16 at 22:39
    A1yx Vance said:Just brought the SR German stuff on my German account. What a pain in the ass it was to buy though!

After dealing with Xbox Support twice though they have now assured me that I should be fine to buy stuff from the German store and never have any issues though which is good news.
    So... how? And does it actually download?

I currently have a German account with Gold, a German billing address and a PAL console but it still won't let me purchase either on the website or through the console. I assume its not letting me based on my IP but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Posted on 26 February 16 at 03:10
    HolyHa1fDead said:Marcos Aspira said:Oriole2682 said:Im pretty sure DLC codes are universal, also he will msg you the code so I don't think it matters where you live

EDIT: That link is for the DLC All Fronts ONLY...so not sure what you mean by new copy
    I typed before seeing the link was DLC only... but as far as I am concerned, MS blocks the region and IP address so I would need to do the hard way (VPN, 2nd account) cry

The seller says he'll only send to USA, so...
    That all changed with the region free Xbox One and BC. If you own it, you can download it. For example I downloaded the NTSC version of Witcher 2 to my Xbox One, and I am in a PAL region.
    So assuming that the seller send me the DLC code, I just need to change my One region to USA and I'll be able to redeem and download it?
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 27 February 16 at 02:27, Edited on 28 February 16 at 00:09 by matdan
    D1SCO DAV3 said:A1yx Vance said:Just brought the SR German stuff on my German account. What a pain in the ass it was to buy though!

After dealing with Xbox Support twice though they have now assured me that I should be fine to buy stuff from the German store and never have any issues though which is good news.
    So... how? And does it actually download?

I currently have a German account with Gold, a German billing address and a PAL console but it still won't let me purchase either on the website or through the console. I assume its not letting me based on my IP but maybe I'm wrong.
    If you already have it all setup then I can tell you from there how to do it. First get a code to add some currency to that account, I used a European site. After this you should be able to download just make sure account and console region are both in Germany/Deutschland.

If you get an error code for not available in your region just keep trying to download and eventually it will. It took over 30 something attempts to get Bioshock DE, so be patient with it however the Saints Row games took considerably less attempts.

Also got the GWG for the month Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts, so it does work just an absolute PIA.

*Edit the games will corrupt though, not sure how to get past that.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Lord NazuleLord Nazule631,369
    Posted on 27 February 16 at 21:06
    You guys are doing a wonderful job with the website and in particular Games With Gold.

I really like that you guys are labeling "walkthrough" and "forum" under each game. It not only will help bring in more traffic to the website, but is a welcome addition to the older users too.

Thanks
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,990
    Posted on 29 February 16 at 00:58, Edited on 29 February 16 at 01:00 by HolyHalfDead
    HolyHa1fDead said:Lot's of other stuff is supposed to be on sale this week. I might pop back tomorrow with a list, until then - HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Special Offers and Free Stuff (23rd February 2016) UPDATEDSorry I forgot to come back and provide a list the next day. Hopefully most of you went to the blog, but for those that didn't:

The Escapists & The Walking Dead Bundle 33% off

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
    Xbox One
    Character: Jann Lee FREE wave
    30 Character Set (included in Full Game) 30% off
    Deception Costume Set (16 costumes) 30% off
    Fighter Force Costume Set (16 costumes) 30% off
    Xbox 360
    Deception Costume Set (16 costumes) 30% off ($24.49)
    Fighter Force Costume Set (16 costumes) 30% off ($17.49)

and a reminder that the Fallout 4 Season Pass goes up 67% tomorrow.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • D1SCOD1SCO495,810
    Posted on 29 February 16 at 18:50
    matdan12 said:If you already have it all setup then I can tell you from there how to do it. First get a code to add some currency to that account, I used a European site. After this you should be able to download just make sure account and console region are both in Germany/Deutschland.

If you get an error code for not available in your region just keep trying to download and eventually it will. It took over 30 something attempts to get Bioshock DE, so be patient with it however the Saints Row games took considerably less attempts.

Also got the GWG for the month Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts, so it does work just an absolute PIA.

*Edit the games will corrupt though, not sure how to get past that.
    Thanks for the advice, I did eventually manage to download SR1 and and Banjo but they are corrupt like you said. Not gonna bother trying the others.
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 01 March 16 at 07:02
    If they go BC, they will work. Tested with Banjo.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Mike731Mike731605,265
    Posted on 01 March 16 at 19:31
    I missed these sales redface
  • D1SCOD1SCO495,810
    Posted on 01 March 16 at 23:11
    matdan12 said:If they go BC, they will work. Tested with Banjo.That's good to know, thanks. I thought they might but I wasn't going to buy the rest just on the possibility they might go BC someday, as they will presumably go on sale again if and when they are BC.
  • Bridge188Bridge188964,027
    Posted on 03 March 16 at 11:04
    Was tempted by Adventures of pip, but for some reason it is not showing as on sale for me - I am gold until the end of April...!
    Posted on 03 March 16 at 11:34
    Bridge188 said:Was tempted by Adventures of pip, but for some reason it is not showing as on sale for me - I am gold until the end of April...!This is - "XBL Sale Roundup: February 23rd, 2016"
    The above sales are only available to Gold members and run until February 29th.This week's sales are here:
    XBL Sale Roundup: March 1st, 2016
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.