Game Discussion: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Best spot to grind sunlight medals

• Chronic KillerChronic Killer1,933,368
    Posted on 24 February 16 at 16:56Permalink
    The best spot for me was the king gate bonfire at the drangleic castle because theres so many bosses you can be summoned for. Theres 3 bosses at the end game spot, then the twin dragon riders and looking glass knight are nearby too. I found that I was summoned way more often when playing at night.

Be careful, you may end up fighting the throne knights, the witch lady, and adlia in a row depending on how the person played thru the game. Youll only get 1 medal even tho you fought 3 bosses in a row.
  • Posted on 25 February 16 at 14:28Permalink
    I always got summoned frequently at Guardian Dragon and Smelter Demon.
  • Roose91Roose91792,099
    Posted on 29 March 16 at 14:21Permalink
    What sort of level range were you guys in? I'm now SL 210, I'd say around 1/4 way through my NG+ run and found 2 people neither of whom were sun bros and haven't been summoned at all yet. I remember when I played on 360 I farmed the vast majority of Sunlight Medals at Dual Dragonriders in no more than 2 hours as I was getting summoned so frequently and they're such an easy boss. Either I've over-leveled here or the servers are a lot more sparse...
  • ThorsilThorsil154,212
    Posted on 29 March 16 at 17:27Permalink
    Also set Cross Region Play to Allowed in the Game Options tab. It's not confirmed, but it might net you more opportunities.

I usually bounce around from the Castle's first bonfire and the Blue Smelter Demon in the DLC.
  • Posted on 04 April 16 at 02:49Permalink
    Roose91 said:What sort of level range were you guys in? I'm now SL 210, I'd say around 1/4 way through my NG+ run and found 2 people neither of whom were sun bros and haven't been summoned at all yet. I remember when I played on 360 I farmed the vast majority of Sunlight Medals at Dual Dragonriders in no more than 2 hours as I was getting summoned so frequently and they're such an easy boss. Either I've over-leveled here or the servers are a lot more sparse...I'm about 1/4 through NG+ and I'm SL130, I see quite a lot of summons so believe you over-leveled.
  • Posted on 26 April 16 at 12:45Permalink
    Nowadays it is pretty hard to get summoned for sunlight medals. Any tips on any hot spots?
  • TarynCrimsonTarynCrimson253,152
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 08:31Permalink
    On the bonfire menu look for the places with a slight orange border. They are current hotspots from what I understand.

Good places I found were Ruin sentinels, Guardian dragon, Kings gate bonfire and the dragon boss in the DLC.

The 2 dragons were the best for me. Within about a minute I was summoned in.

However every summon seemed to be NG+ and beyond so just be warned it might not be as easy.
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 02:20Permalink
    I finally got my 30 today, for me it worked best at Fume Knight and Burnt Ivory King in NG
  • GfrimmGfrimm77,098
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 02:55Permalink
    Can anyone confirmar the Orange border in the bonfire menu being hot spots?
  • Posted on 05 July 16 at 10:08Permalink
    Orange border seems to help a lot even though multiplayer has been mostly dead since I started a couple of weeks ago. Set cross-region to Allow as well. Today, I was summoned several times in less than 5 minutes in orange border areas, even though I'm already pretty high (7M+ SM). When I tried yesterday in a non-orange border area, I waited an hour with no summons (still got invaded twice though...)
  • Posted on 05 August 16 at 10:07Permalink
    If anyone needs Sunlight medals i am doing the DLC and near end game, so coming up against quite a few bosses, so drop me a message on Xbox live.
  • Posted on 23 August 16 at 22:03Permalink
    i do, and am currently cruising the DLCs for medals
  • Posted on 15 December 16 at 21:49Permalink
    If anyone is willing to help i need to get medals

GT
    RedWolfCrusader
  • VeiRoN v2VeiRoN v2335,953
    Posted on 26 February 17 at 16:06, Edited on 07 March 17 at 20:29 by VeiRoN v2Permalink
    Anyone still play this that needs sunlight medals hit me up,I'm level 95,soul memory 695k at the time of writing this.

All done now.
  • ClownTasticClownTastic735,248
    Posted on 21 May 17 at 03:29Permalink
    In NG+ and need to get about 26 medals. Soul Level is 4.6m in tier 36 (3m to 5m) so anyone in that range can summon me though I've probably left it too late.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.