Forum for discussing challenges.

Xbox One Challenges Notification # 89 for the Last Time

AuthorMessage
Xtowers
Xtowers
Posted on 27 February 16 at 03:42, Edited on 27 February 16 at 03:56 by Xtowers
Xbox One Challenges Notification # 89 for the Last Time

Well Challengers, we did it!

In case you missed it, there’s a new notification system that has been implemented, that includes challenges! This is the biggest and last challenge headline I will mention. You can read the full story here: New Game and Achievement Notifications . Don't forget you will need to update your site settings in order to receive the new site-enabled challenge notifications.

How the heck did we finally get this? Did you think it would ever happen? I was beginning to wonder myself, but ALL OF YOU pulled through for me. When I saw the new wishlist voting feature, I knew this was our chance to show, once and for all, how important challenge notifications are to us. With your help and your votes, we skyrocketed our wish to the third most voted feature on the site wishlist forum in less than 24 hours. I asked for 100 votes, and I got that and more. The last time I checked it was over 140, and it probably grew even more before it was implemented IN LESS THAN 10 DAYS TIME. This is a truly remarkable example of human cooperation.

I am really very excited about this, but at the same time I am a little sad. Like I said before, this has been a labor of love. I have put out these challenge notifications for almost two years straight and all the while pushing for these to become a site feature. While I enjoyed writing them, I knew the best way to deliver challenge notifications was through an automated system with user-specific settings. I knew this day would come eventually. I am experiencing mixed emotions. I can imagine this is kind of like sending your kid off to college or setting an eagle free. Bittersweet.

In any case, now that we have gotten our collective goal implemented, I suppose there will be some final things to wrap up. So you know I will no longer be sending out challenge notifications. I will also not be updating the challenge discussion forum (with any regularity or formality) or my blog (at least not with a weekly challenge update). I am going to leave the leaderboard intact as a memento of these last two years. You can leave the leaderboard if you wish so you can join other leaderboards, but I won’t be using the leaderboard message function to spam you all so you don’t need to worry about that.

The last thing I need to wrap up is a final HUGE thanks to everyone who joined, commented, pm’ed, shared, liked, +1’ed, voted, and otherwise helped in this project. I suppose I should thank the lovely folks at TrueAchievements.com for finally updating the site with this feature, too. (took long enough? ^_^)

Never stop challenging yourselves!

X

At last count tracking 5 running game challenges, and 0 upcoming game challenges. 0 challenges expired in the last week and 0 were added.

Expiring Soon
These are challenges that have already started and will be expiring within 10 days.
  • Ends Monday, February 29, 2016

Xbox FitnessRush HourThe Rush Hour challenge in Xbox FitnessComplete two five-star "Rush" workouts with Zumba® on Xbox Fitness.

• Ends Tuesday, March 1, 2016

State of Decay: Year One Survival EditionBe My ValentineThe Be My Valentine challenge in State of Decay: Year One Survival EditionShow your love for humanity. Recruit 14 Survivors in February.

Xbox FitnessPicture PerfectThe Picture Perfect challenge in Xbox FitnessGet 5 stars in all of the drills in a single session.

Other Challenges
These are other game challenges currently running with an expiration date over 10 days away.
  • Ends Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Xbox FitnessOne, Two StepThe One, Two Step challenge in Xbox FitnessEarn five stars in each Zumba® workout on Xbox Fitness.

• Ends Friday, April 1, 2016

Xbox FitnessLeap YearThe Leap Year challenge in Xbox FitnessJump, climb, and squat for 2016 meters in two months!

So this post script section is where I usually left in some text saying how you can help me out and stuff, but since I don’t need that anymore and you’re obviously still reading, I thought I’d just add a final thought or two.

I find myself wondering what I am going to do now. I devoted a bunch of time staying active in the TA community working towards a goal… and now that it’s done, what do I do? Maybe you’re wondering that, too? Well, I don’t think I will devote myself fully to another cause on the site for a while. I got a good system down for writing up the notifications, but to start it all up and get it off the ground took a bit of effort. I don’t know if I could overcome that hump again, especially now that I’m back in school with two girls under 4 years old and working full time (and two annoying cats that have sooo many needs like petting, and food and stuff).

That’s not to say that there isn’t still something I desire out of TrueAchievements.com. I actually have been wanting, for a very long time, to see a user-generated contest system. Something you can create for anyone or for your friends, kind of like a boosting session, except instead of helping each other get achievements in a cooperative environment, you are competitively trying to outscore your friends for bragging rights. In my opinion, TA is the perfect platform for doing such a thing, and I would love to see it implemented. I don’t think I’m going to spearhead anything, but certainly I will be scouring the site wishlist forum to drop a vote where I see fit.

Anyways, I’ll still be around, and feel free to drop me a PM or comment if you want to talk challenges. Even if I’m not writing about them, I’m still a fan! Cheers~!
Dexter XBA
Dexter XBA
Posted on 29 February 16 at 18:46
Thanks for all your effort :) I checked those posts quite frequently.

And I just read about 2 upcoming challenges for State of Decay that are going to be available tomorrow but haven't been uploaded to Xbox Live yet:

March Melee
Killed 200 zeds with melee weapons

March of the Hordes
The community defeated 500K horde

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/upcoming-monthly-chall...
Game9
Game9
Posted on 10 February 18 at 09:22
Thanks for the post buddy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.