Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Lovecraftian Horror RPG Call of Cthulhu Headed To Consoles

• Posted on 27 February 16 at 21:01Permalink
    Always been a fan of the lovecraftian universe. I might have to look into this!
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER896,680
    Posted on 27 February 16 at 21:05Permalink
    Cyanide, the guys behind Blood Bowl, Le Tour De France games and the new Styx franchise. The 2 pictures look great, I'm already digging this. Hopefully, this will be a game that doesn't disappoint and plays well.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 February 16 at 21:05Permalink
    Read through one of the RPG books as a kid, looked interesting. I remember there was something about gazing upon certain creatures reducing your sanity and stuff. Potential for Eternal Darkness style weirdness I suppose.

Also remember 2000AD running a series based loosely on the universe.
  • XvalgurXXvalgurX163,558
    Posted on 27 February 16 at 22:07Permalink
    Lovecraft is the best horror guy!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 February 16 at 22:23Permalink
    No fucking way!! I've always wanted to see Call of Cthulu, I became a Beth fan too late to see the old ones, does this have anything to do with Bethesda?

"RPG-Investigation game with psychological horror and stealth mechanics, set in a deeply immersive world." - That pretty much sums up the best possible type of game in history!
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • Posted on 27 February 16 at 22:55Permalink
    H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favourite writers! Other than Alone in the Dark, and many PC related titles that I have is nice to see a modern title - this one is for sure on my list!
  • Posted on 27 February 16 at 23:28Permalink
    Holy shit, day one buy!
  • Euler13Euler13169,047
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 00:03Permalink
    This was completely off my radar and this news has just made my day! I loved what Cyanide Studios did with Styx: Master of Shadows, and I'm already looking forward to their sequel this year, Styx: Shards of Darkness. It's exciting to see a studio spending time to develop refreshingly different games that won't necessarily appeal to the mass market, but will capture the attention and respect of gaming connoisseurs.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 February 16 at 00:06Permalink
    I want to subscribe to news for this cry
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • ParoXysm QCParoXysm QC283,252
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 00:30Permalink
    I want this!
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,094,171
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 01:10Permalink
    Good, more good games :)
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • Posted on 28 February 16 at 01:26Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:I want to subscribe to news for this cryIf and very likely when it's confirmed for Xbox One, you'll be able to do that.
    endure + survive
  • PARAcainPARAcain346,028
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 01:35Permalink
    Can't wait for this!
    ~ King Para
  • FatalCthulhu666FatalCthulhu6661,365,858
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 01:55Permalink
    Cthulhu fhtagnsmile
  • XvalgurXXvalgurX163,558
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 03:19, Edited on 28 February 16 at 03:21 by XvalgurXPermalink
    FatalCthulhu666 said:Cthulhu fhtagnsmileShub-niggurath! Yog-sothhoth! Bring it on, baby!
  • Posted on 28 February 16 at 03:44Permalink
    This just made my day, I was having a really bad day at work and I come home and see this. Just changed my whole mood, I'm so happy. H.P Lovecraft is my favorite author and I love anything Lovecraftian Horror smile
  • Posted on 28 February 16 at 04:04Permalink
    UnleashedHorror said:This just made my day, I was having a really bad day at work and I come home and see this. Just changed my whole mood, I'm so happy. H.P Lovecraft is my favorite author and I love anything Lovecraftian Horror smileYour gamertag and constant posting on the horror game news tells me you have excellent taste. smile
    endure + survive
  • BattleWolfLVBattleWolfLV391,908
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 05:29Permalink
    Despite all bugs I loved Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth back in 2006. And now this... Can't wait!
    Gamer since 1992: Elektronika BK-0010 -> NES -> SEGA Mega Drive 2 -> PC -> XBOX360 / X-ONE
  • FeedMeHumansFeedMeHumans115,866
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 05:44Permalink
    Shweeeeeeett
    60% of the time, it works everytime.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.