Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Lovecraftian Horror RPG Call of Cthulhu Headed To Consoles

• OnsidicOnsidic805,356
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 06:09Permalink
    Insanity points hit -5 ..
    (Cant wait to see more on this btw)
  • Necromorph11Necromorph11781,004
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 11:34Permalink
    finally a proper Lovecraftian game since pc little gem call of cthulhu:dark corners of the earth
  • Posted on 28 February 16 at 16:20, Edited on 28 February 16 at 16:23 by Orodeth PrimePermalink
    Several 100K will buy it if it is like DCoT with a touch of Condemned/Dead Space creep & less shooty but still fps style. I wonder how deep into the rpg the game will go.

Thinking of that... i really wouldn´t mind an open world like Elder Scrolls infested with cults, portals to places that scratch on your sanity and things that normally wouldn´t happen in a video game but that you know if you read LC's books.

Just put some really old fish somewhere near you when playing to enhance the atmosphere. smile
  • alanp9alanp91,216,153
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 17:37Permalink
    Very much looking forward to this. Big fan of Lovecraftian horror.
  • KolerikerKoleriker344,859
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 21:02Permalink
    I hope it isn't an amnesia like game. Call of Cthulhu is eldritch horror. It only works if the player can not beat, survive or even understand what's going on. The game has to end in and be about hopelessness.

Just my two cents.
  • Albert ScaleAlbert Scale581,230
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 22:00Permalink
    Koleriker said:I hope it isn't an amnesia like game. Call of Cthulhu is eldritch horror. It only works if the player can not beat, survive or even understand what's going on. The game has to end in and be about hopelessness.

Just my two cents.
    Completely agree!

Still a day one purchase for me though, can't wait.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl614,890
    Posted on 28 February 16 at 22:57Permalink
    So this is NOT the same game released on the pc years ago!?
    Its something new right!?

Anyway... Looks and sounds promissing!
    Gaming since 1990!
  • Posted on 29 February 16 at 01:25Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:UnleashedHorror said:This just made my day, I was having a really bad day at work and I come home and see this. Just changed my whole mood, I'm so happy. H.P Lovecraft is my favorite author and I love anything Lovecraftian Horror smileYour gamertag and constant posting on the horror game news tells me you have excellent taste. smileHaha thank you for the kind words, actually my goal is to play as many Horror games and games with Horror themes i.e Gears of War, Bloodborne, Murdered Soul Suspect etc. as possible across a multitude of platforms from classic systems up until today's consoles. I'm a huge Horror collector as well haha toast
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 February 16 at 13:07, Edited on 29 February 16 at 13:08 by Permalink
    Looks like a pretty decent horror game. Will be even better with the Metallica soundtrack rock
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 February 16 at 14:26Permalink
    Follow the Light wave
  • Posted on 29 February 16 at 17:58Permalink
    UnleashedHorror said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:UnleashedHorror said:This just made my day, I was having a really bad day at work and I come home and see this. Just changed my whole mood, I'm so happy. H.P Lovecraft is my favorite author and I love anything Lovecraftian Horror smileYour gamertag and constant posting on the horror game news tells me you have excellent taste. smileHaha thank you for the kind words, actually my goal is to play as many Horror games and games with Horror themes i.e Gears of War, Bloodborne, Murdered Soul Suspect etc. as possible across a multitude of platforms from classic systems up until today's consoles. I'm a huge Horror collector as well haha toastThat's an awesome idea. I wish I had the time and resources to do the same, though of course I always play the latest horror titles, at least. Do you blog about this endeavor?
    endure + survive
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,747
    Posted on 29 February 16 at 20:45Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:No fucking way!! I've always wanted to see Call of Cthulu, I became a Beth fan too late to see the old ones, does this have anything to do with Bethesda?

"RPG-Investigation game with psychological horror and stealth mechanics, set in a deeply immersive world." - That pretty much sums up the best possible type of game in history!
    No, you're thinking of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which was published by Bethesda Softworks (not developed by Bethesda Game Studios). The series this post is about is also called Call of Cthulhu, but it's not related. It's based on a tabletop RPG, and in turn all of them are based on the original Lovecraft story.

BattleWolfLV said:Despite all bugs I loved Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth back in 2006. And now this... Can't wait!As I say above, not related.
  • EvilplyrEvilplyr300,477
    Posted on 29 February 16 at 23:16Permalink
    You had me at Cthulhu.
  • Posted on 01 March 16 at 00:47Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:UnleashedHorror said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:UnleashedHorror said:This just made my day, I was having a really bad day at work and I come home and see this. Just changed my whole mood, I'm so happy. H.P Lovecraft is my favorite author and I love anything Lovecraftian Horror smileYour gamertag and constant posting on the horror game news tells me you have excellent taste. smileHaha thank you for the kind words, actually my goal is to play as many Horror games and games with Horror themes i.e Gears of War, Bloodborne, Murdered Soul Suspect etc. as possible across a multitude of platforms from classic systems up until today's consoles. I'm a huge Horror collector as well haha toastThat's an awesome idea. I wish I had the time and resources to do the same, though of course I always play the latest horror titles, at least. Do you blog about this endeavor?I do not however that is a great idea, i also have a YouTube channel that im starting to upload videos
  • Posted on 01 March 16 at 04:41Permalink
    Me and my friend where just talking about how we need a Call of Cthulhu for console revamped. I'm so hyped for this game!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.