The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 8th, 2016

• RhyoliticRhyolitic397,605
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:13Permalink
    Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?They're pretty fun. The multiplayer is a bit of a grind, but the single player is fun.

OT: Is the Prototype bundle worth it at that price? Or is getting the retail discs + buying the DLC separate a better deal?
  • pezboybenpezboyben620,854
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:14Permalink
    Just picked up Nightmares from the deep!
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:27Permalink
    Would people recommend White Night?
    Take it sleazy
  • moldeatermoldeater145,882
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:34Permalink
    Is nightmares from the deep any fun?
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:41Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:I hear you... I'm after Outland, Mark or the Ninja (+DLC) and Dead Rising 2: Case West. None of which have been on sale since 2014. Well, I'll give them another year...

There should be be a voting system on the Xbox website to request what games/dlc we want to go on sale - it could be a similar system to the voting for the backwards compatible stuff. facepalm
    Fortunately for me I got all those before 2014. I was hoping they'd surprise us with something that is overpriced and has never gone on sale. Something like Toejam & Earl, the Sam & Max games and Lococycle.
    After years of waiting, they put the Puzzle Quest DLC on sale, so it's possible (if highly unlikely) I guess.
    This space for rent.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,134,139
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:52Permalink
    what the hell is wrong with them, always putting LA noire and Max payne on sale, along with GTA4. I am sick of the same sales,

Where are the surprise sales. Here is my wish list hoping some of these will go on sale!

Sam and Max would be awesome
    Telltale's Jurasic park
    Dead Rising 2: Case West
    Call of Duty 2
    Contrast
    Oxenfree
    Silent Hills
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

COME ON!!! something new!
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,134,139
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:53Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?They're pretty fun. The multiplayer is a bit of a grind, but the single player is fun.

OT: Is the Prototype bundle worth it at that price? Or is getting the retail discs + buying the DLC separate a better deal?
    I think you can get it seperately for a better price
  • FeedMeHumansFeedMeHumans115,886
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:59Permalink
    VoodooTrumpet said:Would people recommend White Night?It's a decent puzzler/noir game. If you're going to go for 100% you should check the cheeve list. A couple of time/date based that you can manipulate by going offline. There's also some missables that can be a pain because you can't backtrack so you need to know ahead of time. You can play it in multiple playthroughs to get everything but after I missed some very early collectibles & I was halfway through, I start over and just followed the walkthrough. It's a cool game but they def make you work for the achievements.
    60% of the time, it works everytime.
  • GizeaGizea101,340
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:02Permalink
    LiS for me :)
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:18Permalink
    ConsciousEntity said:VoodooTrumpet said:Would people recommend White Night?It's a decent puzzler/noir game. If you're going to go for 100% you should check the cheeve list. A couple of time/date based that you can manipulate by going offline. There's also some missables that can be a pain because you can't backtrack so you need to know ahead of time. You can play it in multiple playthroughs to get everything but after I missed some very early collectibles & I was halfway through, I start over and just followed the walkthrough. It's a cool game but they def make you work for the achievements.Well for only $5 I might pick it up...
    Take it sleazy
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob150,077
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:23Permalink
    Another one waiting for a handful of 360 games / DLC before I'm 'done'

I'm waiting on Tales from the Borderlands, Child of Light and possibly the Escapists from XBLA, all have had 33% off or similar, but I'm waiting on a better deal.

for DLC, I'd definitely pick up the Defense Grid 'You Monster' DLC on sale, along with the three packs from the first Magic the Gathering game.

I might pick up the DLC for a few more games such as Rage & Sleeping Dogs, but there's nothing else definite.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,393,867
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:26Permalink
    For those that are in the US, don't waste your money on Life is Strange Xbox One like I did, you can rent it out of a Redbox machine and get the 1000 for $3+Tax
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:45Permalink
    Life is Strange broke the stone cold chasm that is my emotions. For some it might be a bit of an acquired taste but it hits damn hard the further you get into the story. At that price I would highly recommend on either console. For me it was hands down the game of the year for 2015 although as mentioned, definitely can be an acquired taste for some.

And the very easy achievement list helps to, not as straight forward as a Telltale game but still a a very easy game to complete if your looking for some more gamer score.
  • KologaKologa153,188
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:51Permalink
    Mad Max is very tempting at that price point. Anyone have an thoughts?

Not sure about life is strange. Heard good things but I dunno.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,276
  • SJFaithSJFaith388,414
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 18:58Permalink
    If anyone hasn't got life is strange yet get it while its cheap it's one of the best story games out there!
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,064,754
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 19:17Permalink
    Mr Gimpson said:Good of them to make White (K)Night cheap on International Women's Daytoast Well done.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,006,449
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 19:46Permalink
    Kologa said:Mad Max is very tempting at that price point. Anyone have an thoughts?

Not sure about life is strange. Heard good things but I dunno.
    It's a very fun game, although not a particularly great game from a critical standpoint. Many critics gave it low scores and there's a LARGE discrepancy between the critic and consumer reviews. The game doesn't do anything new. The combat is a weaker version of the batman games. The gameplay is VERY grindy and repetitive. You quickly become very strong and the game becomes very easy.

So why is there a discrepancy? People like having fun and the game is fun. It's fun to run around blowing shit up. I don't know how else to put it, but my friend and I loved the game. I highly recommend it if you're willing to just sit back and have fun. I like comparing it to borderlands. Both games are just fun. Mad max isn't as silly as borderlands, but borderlands is just kinda fun. No revolutionary shooting gameplay or anything, but still very enjoyable.
    FLIPPIN FLAMINGO, MAN!
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,006,449
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 19:50Permalink
    I was curious about line of defense tactics when it came out. I looked it up on steam and it just felt really shady. Constant wars with people criticizing the game or asking legitimate questions and the dev lashing out calling them trolls and banning them from the forums. I think the dev might have had a case that some of the people were just trolling, but I saw enough of the guy being a dick to make the decision not to support him.

Everyone is welcome to make their own decision, but I would be cautious about picking that game up and would recommend people look into it more before they impulse buy it
    FLIPPIN FLAMINGO, MAN!
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 20:03Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:MrZombieChicken said:I think I have given up hope that they'd put any 360 games I don't have up for sale. It seems now they have a rotation of stuff that either regularly goes on sale or previous GWG offerings.
    Time to consider paying full price for the few games that I still don't have.
    I hear you... I'm after Outland, Mark or the Ninja (+DLC) and Dead Rising 2: Case West. None of which have been on sale since 2014. Well, I'll give them another year...

There should be be a voting system on the Xbox website to request what games/dlc we want to go on sale - it could be a similar system to the voting for the backwards compatible stuff. facepalm
    Lol waiting two years for games to go on sale... Are you for real? How much are these games?! I feel like you could have put aside .25 c a week and payed for them all by now...
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.