The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 8th, 2016

• Posted on 08 March 16 at 20:08Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?Unlike many of the other Transformers titles, those two are really fun games with a lot of love for the franchise and decent games to boot. Haven't tried the multiplayer in either though.Thanks, Chewie.

I've stayed away from the more recent transformers games because I was so traumatized by a few Tansformers games I played in the late 90's and early 2000's. They were so bad that despite my love of all things Transformers, I vowed to stay away from their games. I was hoping the newer ones don't suck, but too afraid to find out personally.
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 20:12Permalink
    EaseAndInspire said:MasterChief Tom said:MrZombieChicken said:I think I have given up hope that they'd put any 360 games I don't have up for sale. It seems now they have a rotation of stuff that either regularly goes on sale or previous GWG offerings.
    Time to consider paying full price for the few games that I still don't have.
    I hear you... I'm after Outland, Mark or the Ninja (+DLC) and Dead Rising 2: Case West. None of which have been on sale since 2014. Well, I'll give them another year...

There should be be a voting system on the Xbox website to request what games/dlc we want to go on sale - it could be a similar system to the voting for the backwards compatible stuff. facepalm
    Lol waiting two years for games to go on sale... Are you for real? How much are these games?! I feel like you could have put aside .25 c a week and payed for them all by now...
    Eh, for some, it's the principle of paying full price, especially if that price is higher than you think it should be. I've waited on other sales for long times before as well. It's not uncommon.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,381
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 20:21Permalink
    Silicon Iceman said:ChewieOnIce said:Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?Unlike many of the other Transformers titles, those two are really fun games with a lot of love for the franchise and decent games to boot. Haven't tried the multiplayer in either though.Thanks, Chewie.

I've stayed away from the more recent transformers games because I was so traumatized by a few Tansformers games I played in the late 90's and early 2000's. They were so bad that despite my love of all things Transformers, I vowed to stay away from their games. I was hoping the newer ones don't suck, but too afraid to find out personally.
    No worries. A few of the other recent ones (particularly film tie-ins) aren't great, but these two stand out as the best of the bunch by a good long way.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 16 at 21:01Permalink
    Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?Thoroughly enjoyable, games, nothing to do with the shitty cheap Michael Bay rip-off suckers - these ones are based on the original series and movie and are equally as superior to the Bay crap.

Two of the most enjoyable campaigns I've ever played on any console, and if the MP is still active it is excellent, fun, well-balanced, good achievements, no annoyance, just plain quality in those two games right there.

And controlling Grimlock wreaking all kinds of hell and destruction, was like fulfilling one of my childhood fantasies smile
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 21:11Permalink
    Damn, Life is Strange is tempting at $10 but I have a lot to do at the moment and do not really want to add anything else.
    Check out my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw
  • Goggs25Goggs251,186,114
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 21:14Permalink
    life is strange it looks good I have played the demo and enjoyed it but sale it bad timing for me its bill week this week. As for cursed heart I would highly recommend that game I enjoyed playing it. I just wish they put the the transformers war for cybertron on sale on xbox one
    Goggs25
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,096,670
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 21:42Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:I think I have given up hope that they'd put any 360 games I don't have up for sale. It seems now they have a rotation of stuff that either regularly goes on sale or previous GWG offerings.
    NO don't give into their bullshit overpriced games!
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,570
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 21:49Permalink
    Thief looks good because I never got it on 360, but my Gold membership has expired. I might just wait to see if I can trade in some retails for a cheap copy for it.

Still hoping on a Tales from the Borderlands (360) sale.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Rista BRista B444,471
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 22:16Permalink
    VoodooTrumpet said:ConsciousEntity said:VoodooTrumpet said:Would people recommend White Night?It's a decent puzzler/noir game. If you're going to go for 100% you should check the cheeve list. A couple of time/date based that you can manipulate by going offline. There's also some missables that can be a pain because you can't backtrack so you need to know ahead of time. You can play it in multiple playthroughs to get everything but after I missed some very early collectibles & I was halfway through, I start over and just followed the walkthrough. It's a cool game but they def make you work for the achievements.Well for only $5 I might pick it up...I enjoyed it, good game. Think my biggest complaint was the camera is a bit wonky at times and a couple of the rooms feel like luck to get through them but overall well worth picking up on the cheap.
  • Yankees3Fan7Yankees3Fan7315,493
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 23:32Permalink
    Absolutely loved Life is Strange on the One and wanted to play it again on 360, so this was a pleasant surprise to see it discounted. It was an emotional roller coaster.
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 23:55Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:I think I have given up hope that they'd put any 360 games I don't have up for sale. It seems now they have a rotation of stuff that either regularly goes on sale or previous GWG offerings.
    I'm with you on this. There are only a couple DLC packs I need as well but at this point it looks like I'll be paying full price for them. At least I have a sizable backlog to keep me busy; perhaps by the time I get around to playing the games the DLC might go on sale at some point? Here's hoping...
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
  • JessicaDabitJessicaDabit115,503
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 00:23Permalink
    Silly to me that LIS would be $10 on Xbox One and $11 on 360. Regardless, I picked it up for both consoles. I've been interested in the game for a while.
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33430,006
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 00:43Permalink
    I'm not sure if anybody cares but The Cybertron Experience comes with three DLC packs.
    All of the DLC packs are for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Dinobot Destructor Pack
    Mission Fury Pack
    Multiplayer Havoc Pack
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 01:34Permalink
    Typical, bought life is strange and all DLC for both consoles a couple of days ago lol
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 02:43Permalink
    Mikey91107 said:Life is Strange broke the stone cold chasm that is my emotions. For some it might be a bit of an acquired taste but it hits damn hard the further you get into the story. At that price I would highly recommend on either console. For me it was hands down the game of the year for 2015 although as mentioned, definitely can be an acquired taste for some.

And the very easy achievement list helps to, not as straight forward as a Telltale game but still a a very easy game to complete if your looking for some more gamer score.
    Agree with all that you said. It was my 2015 GOTY as well. It had plenty of emotional moments, to me at least, and games don't typically do that to me.
    Hotter than Abba in Nevada sun, in a real small car, with the windows rolled up. OH!
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N534,319
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 03:12Permalink
    Picked up Life is Strange, everyone always seems to be raving about that game on here so I thought I'd give it a shot. At $10 you can't really complain.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,778
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 03:49, Edited on 09 March 16 at 03:53 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    AbyssalOrc33 said:I'm not sure if anybody cares but The Cybertron Experience comes with three DLC packs.
    All of the DLC packs are for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Dinobot Destructor Pack
    Mission Fury Pack
    Multiplayer Havoc Pack
    The image tells a different story, that is also contains two DLC packs for Transformers: Cybertron Adventures (the Wii version of Transformers: War for Cybertron) - http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1....jpg
    So I assume that is:
    Map and Character Pack #1
    Map and Character Pack #2

Same goes for Prototype - "Bundle includes Prototype® and Prototype®2 with DLC!", "Download includes DLC." but it is not very specific.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • TickTockRobTickTockRob233,407
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 09:55Permalink
    Kologa said:Mad Max is very tempting at that price point. Anyone have an thoughts?

Not sure about life is strange. Heard good things but I dunno.
    Mad Max is cheaper on Amazon.co.uk at the moment. Not sure if you're in the US, but I imagine the same.

Life is Strange is amazing. Hard to say if it's for everyone, but it's my favourite game for a long while.
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 11:09Permalink
    Got the Life is Strange Complete Season at full price on the Xbox One, but I think that I might now get it on 360 for the extra G's while the Season Pass is on sale.
    The past is a foreign country, where we are only visitors.
  • BrokenKnghtBrokenKnght326,064
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 13:02Permalink
    Loved White Night; an absolute steal at $4.75.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.