The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 8th, 2016

AuthorMessage
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 09 March 16 at 14:22
ORIGENxGarboMan said:Kologa said:Mad Max is very tempting at that price point. Anyone have an thoughts?

Not sure about life is strange. Heard good things but I dunno.
It's a very fun game, although not a particularly great game from a critical standpoint. Many critics gave it low scores and there's a LARGE discrepancy between the critic and consumer reviews. The game doesn't do anything new. The combat is a weaker version of the batman games. The gameplay is VERY grindy and repetitive. You quickly become very strong and the game becomes very easy.

So why is there a discrepancy? People like having fun and the game is fun. It's fun to run around blowing shit up. I don't know how else to put it, but my friend and I loved the game. I highly recommend it if you're willing to just sit back and have fun. I like comparing it to borderlands. Both games are just fun. Mad max isn't as silly as borderlands, but borderlands is just kinda fun. No revolutionary shooting gameplay or anything, but still very enjoyable.
You didn't touch on the most important (to me) part. Elaborate on the achievements. If/when I finally start Mad Max, getting all of the cheevos are the prime goal.
PhillipWendell
Posted on 09 March 16 at 23:07
Picked up Life is Strange. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about...
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 10 March 16 at 05:27
On a related note, my podcast Zed to Zed have a long and spoiler filled discussion on Life Is Strange after the main show of episode 11, well worth a listen (if I do say so myself): http://zedtozed.com/011-gummy-gummy-gummy-gummy

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 March 16 at 15:37
Guess i'll finally join the bandwagon and buy Life is Strange. clap
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
duke63031
duke63031
Posted on 10 March 16 at 20:00
R1KM4N said:Picked up Life is Strange, everyone always seems to be raving about that game on here so I thought I'd give it a shot. At $10 you can't really complain.What he said.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 10 March 16 at 20:22
Kanchanaburi said:Rhyolitic said:Silicon Iceman said:Any recommendations for the Transformers games?They're pretty fun. The multiplayer is a bit of a grind, but the single player is fun.

OT: Is the Prototype bundle worth it at that price? Or is getting the retail discs + buying the DLC separate a better deal?
I think you can get it seperately for a better price
Well, the DLC for Prototype 2 is $20 by itself and given the seeming death of standalone DLC sales, it might be worth it. However, there's 2 different bundles, one for the X1 and one for the 360. The X1 version is $50 vs the 360's $20. Have they been remastered or something?
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 11 March 16 at 09:18
Nightmares from thee deep for me .....
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.