Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sumo Digital Lands Dead Island 2 Development

AuthorMessage
UnleashedHorror
Posted on 12 March 16 at 19:10
Sweet!!!!! More Zombie Slaying Games, man with all these Zombie Slaying Games I'll be killing Zombies for a very long time. Still need to pick up the Following DLC for Dying Light, heard its very good
LeonThePlum
LeonThePlum
Posted on 12 March 16 at 19:30
I was at a lecture that was about two artists from sumo and they announced it at that lecture it was amazing seeing everyone get excited. though personally I am not a dead island fan but sumo are an amazing developer so I know they will do well
High functioning engineer at your service
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 12 March 16 at 21:54
truthfu1gam3r said:Please don't let this game hit the grave like prey 2 did :(prey 2 now there's a game that did deserve a proper sequel...such a pity it got cannedrock
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 12 March 16 at 23:16
i am happy to see this back in production... but, development hell never usually results in a stellar game. so, being cautious, i would wait a few months for the reviews to come in and DLC to come out... and a price drop. The first one was fun with friends, but not something i'd pay $60+ for...
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
Gizea
Gizea
Posted on 13 March 16 at 17:45
clap
Voraga
Voraga
Posted on 13 March 16 at 19:43
If Sumo is making it then expect ultra hard as fuck achievements like in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Because of the hell I went through (and will have to go through as I haven't completed it due to health effects from the sheer rage at it's bullshit difficulty) I will never get a game made by Sumo ever. Even if it's the greatest game ever made in the history of the universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an achievement like "beat the game on the hardest difficulty without taking damage once on your first try only using melee".

All I'm saying here.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 13 March 16 at 19:59
Voraga said:If Sumo is making it then expect ultra hard as fuck achievements like in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Because of the hell I went through (and will have to go through as I haven't completed it due to health effects from the sheer rage at it's bullshit difficulty) I will never get a game made by Sumo ever. Even if it's the greatest game ever made in the history of the universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an achievement like "beat the game on the hardest difficulty without taking damage once on your first try only using melee".

All I'm saying here.
"Don't get butthurt" 50g.
meridianfire
meridianfire
Posted on 13 March 16 at 21:23
thats great news!
EaseAndInspire
Posted on 14 March 16 at 02:00
JamP0und32 said:Voraga said:If Sumo is making it then expect ultra hard as fuck achievements like in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Because of the hell I went through (and will have to go through as I haven't completed it due to health effects from the sheer rage at it's bullshit difficulty) I will never get a game made by Sumo ever. Even if it's the greatest game ever made in the history of the universe.

All I'm saying here.
"Don't get butthurt" 50g.
You wouldnt play the ggreatest game in the universe if it had an achievement you couldnt get? Jesus man reevaluate your priorities
Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 14 March 16 at 06:35, Edited on 14 March 16 at 06:36 by Fooga
Doominatorx6 said:Reminder that Techland, creators of the Dead Island IP, willingly gave up said IP to Deep Silver just because working with them was such a shitty experience that they didn't want to do again. They were constantly butting in to the development and changing things that didn't need to be changed.

Deep Silver can say what they want but it's pretty obvious Yager left the project for similar reasons.
Agreed. It was totally apparent in Dying Light that they were held back creatively with Dead Island.
Currently playing: The Divsion, LOTR War in The North
PARAcain
PARAcain
Posted on 14 March 16 at 09:02
Liked the first Dead Island, but its kind of scary to see it being passed around, guess we will see how it turns out.
~ King Para
LeetAmerico
LeetAmerico
Posted on 14 March 16 at 12:59
TheOtherBarber said:I read an article when I saw this news a couple of days ago that said Sumo has never made a bad game. I'd like to remind the writer of that article about Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360. Yikes.In all fairness, that was a port down to inferior hardware.
TGRLadyMinxSeth
Posted on 14 March 16 at 18:51
I have had this preordered for what seems like an eternity. Bring it on!!!!!
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 15 March 16 at 01:07
Voraga said:If Sumo is making it then expect ultra hard as fuck achievements like in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Because of the hell I went through (and will have to go through as I haven't completed it due to health effects from the sheer rage at it's bullshit difficulty) I will never get a game made by Sumo ever. Even if it's the greatest game ever made in the history of the universe.

All I'm saying here.
I don't think they are too worried whether they are going to sell it to you anyway with your 25 games in 7 years(including at 3 that came with the system in Kung fu panda, hexic, and indy).

You could probably find all sorts of companies that have a hard achievement in one of their games. Go finish Dragon Age, it isn't really a hard completion and you haven't touched it in a month.
TrentTheReaper
Posted on 15 March 16 at 17:07
I really liked the first game can't wait for this one, had it preordered for years I think
Purdon Me
Purdon Me
Posted on 16 March 16 at 20:14
I would like to know what these "creative differences" were.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 28 April 16 at 14:45
I loved Dead Island, but with the team moving on to make Dying Light, is a continuation of this series really necessary? Dying light is the definitive first person melee zombie game. Dead Island 2 seems redundant.
~~~Vae Victis!~~~
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.