The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 15th, 2016

• duke63031duke63031118,857
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 18:17Permalink
    Might be getting Lego Batman 3. Thank you Chewie!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:16Permalink
    Demon Haze II said:Xbox.com needs to sort their pricing out, as silver price is in place of the non-sale price on some, and the normal non sale price is in the same place on others!It has always been this way on the Xbox 360. But they changed it for the Xbox One, so you can't see the sale price unless you sign in, and then it shows you your price.

When I put these sale prices in for the 7 currencies we track (including Canada and Germany) I have two browsers open, one signed in with a XBL Gold account and one with an XBL Free account. That way I can determine if the sale is for everyone, just for Gold, or like this week, both!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce863,345
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:21Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Demon Haze II said:Xbox.com needs to sort their pricing out, as silver price is in place of the non-sale price on some, and the normal non sale price is in the same place on others!It has always been this way on the Xbox 360. But they changed it for the Xbox One, so you can't see the sale price unless you sign in, and then it shows you your price.

When I put these sale prices in for the 7 currencies we track (including Canada and Germany) I have two browsers open, one signed in with a XBL Gold account and one with an XBL Free account. That way I can determine if the sale is for everyone, just for Gold, or like this week, both!
    Yuup and it's bloomin annoying that you can't see all the pricing levels in one place and, if you've bought the item in question, can't see the prices at all. I guess they don't really build the store with you and me in mind Holy wink
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:22Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Yuup and it's bloomin annoying that you can't see all the pricing levels in one place and, if you've bought the item in question, can't see the prices at all. I guess they don't really build the store with you and me in mind Holy winkThey don't want you putting MajorNelson out of a job.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce863,345
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:27Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:ChewieOnIce said:Yuup and it's bloomin annoying that you can't see all the pricing levels in one place and, if you've bought the item in question, can't see the prices at all. I guess they don't really build the store with you and me in mind Holy winkThey don't want you putting MajorNelson out of a job.laugh If his job also involves working with the publishers to decide what gets discounted then I'd happily take it and give this community more of what they want (DLC and rarely discounted content). I get the feeling it's more or less just auto posting a table he gets sent by a sales team though.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN301,277
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:31Permalink
    Anybody knows if here are other Windows Phone game at reduced price besides Hitman Go?
  • Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:33Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Elite1111111111 said:ChewieOnIce said:Yuup and it's bloomin annoying that you can't see all the pricing levels in one place and, if you've bought the item in question, can't see the prices at all. I guess they don't really build the store with you and me in mind Holy winkThey don't want you putting MajorNelson out of a job.laugh If his job also involves working with the publishers to decide what gets discounted then I'd happily take it and give this community more of what they want (DLC and rarely discounted content). I get the feeling it's more or less just auto posting a table he gets sent by a sales team though.You'd do great! What publisher would argue with a Wookie?
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 19:49, Edited on 16 March 16 at 19:55 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    FOKENWOLFEN said:Anybody knows if here are other Windows Phone game at reduced price besides Hitman Go?The Red Stripe Deals continue to run every week and feature several games. However since you are on TA, I expect you are only interested in Xbox Live enabled games, which sadly have not featured in this weekly sale for some time.

The Hitman GO flash sale (all platforms) started a week ago on Thursday 10th March and so it may be finishing today. I would recommend the game, especially to those that like Hitman. It's a Universal App, so if you happen to have a Windows Phone you get it for both Win8 and WP8 for just $0.99 and the achievements stack. Those with iOS 8 may be interested in the Hitman Essentials bundle which includes Hitman: Sniper and is also reduced to $0.99 in this flash sale to promote the release of HITMAN.

Limited Time Offers
    Hitman GO (WP) (includes Hitman GO (Win 8)) 80% off
    Hitman GO (Win 8) (includes Hitman GO (WP)) 80% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • ElyohElyoh814,872
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 21:03Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:DONT BUY TOY SOLDIERS, THEY ARE REFUSING TO FIX THE ACHIEVEMENT.Was wondering this, wasn't surprised to see you answer it for me laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • TechnoTomatoTechnoTomato519,002
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 21:04, Edited on 16 March 16 at 21:05 by TechnoTomatoPermalink
    Why is Lego Batman 3: Deluxe Edition a lot cheaper on the US store?
    TechnoTomato
  • BalarushBalarush1,511,205
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 23:12Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:ChewieOnIce said:Elite1111111111 said:ChewieOnIce said:Yuup and it's bloomin annoying that you can't see all the pricing levels in one place and, if you've bought the item in question, can't see the prices at all. I guess they don't really build the store with you and me in mind Holy winkThey don't want you putting MajorNelson out of a job.laugh If his job also involves working with the publishers to decide what gets discounted then I'd happily take it and give this community more of what they want (DLC and rarely discounted content). I get the feeling it's more or less just auto posting a table he gets sent by a sales team though.You'd do great! What publisher would argue with a Wookie?Everyone knows, you let the wookie win.
    There Are No Men Like Me.
  • Posted on 17 March 16 at 02:09Permalink
    TechnoTomato said:Why is Lego Batman 3: Deluxe Edition a lot cheaper on the US store?This. It's been out for a year and a half now, but the price on the digital market anywhere other than the US has been stubbornly high. It's simply not worth buying unless you live in the US.
  • CASS190684CASS190684242,004
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 03:21Permalink
    I think I'll go ahead and grab Monster Jam Battlegrounds... Even though I've been warned it is very, very bad laugh
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN301,277
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 04:33Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:FOKENWOLFEN said:Anybody knows if here are other Windows Phone game at reduced price besides Hitman Go?The Red Stripe Deals continue to run every week and feature several games. However since you are on TA, I expect you are only interested in Xbox Live enabled games, which sadly have not featured in this weekly sale for some time.

The Hitman GO flash sale (all platforms) started a week ago on Thursday 10th March and so it may be finishing today. I would recommend the game, especially to those that like Hitman. It's a Universal App, so if you happen to have a Windows Phone you get it for both Win8 and WP8 for just $0.99 and the achievements stack. Those with iOS 8 may be interested in the Hitman Essentials bundle which includes Hitman: Sniper and is also reduced to $0.99 in this flash sale to promote the release of HITMAN.

Limited Time Offers
    Hitman GO (WP) (includes Hitman GO (Win 8)) 80% off
    Hitman GO (Win 8) (includes Hitman GO (WP)) 80% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    Thanks for the info. And I do have a couple of non live games. But have not seen any deals recently
  • Posted on 17 March 16 at 14:55Permalink
    Metaltildea said:Why isn't watch dogs on sale on the one?The Complete Edition (Base game + Bad Bloods DLC) for the Xbox One was on sale a while back.
    War...war never changes.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle889,636
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 16:11Permalink
    I know it's not on sale, but I was wondering... does the Arkham Knight Season Pass include all DLC? I was asking because a quick look at its Xbox page makes it look like it doesn't include the "Red Hood Story Pack" (I didn't check the others), but then, a quick look at the "Premium Edition" page doesn't show it either, and it says in the article that it includes all DLC.

I was also asking because the limited edition is on sale over here, so I might buy that for the Batman statue and then shell out for the season pass later on when it's on sale.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 19:38, Edited on 17 March 16 at 19:39 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Halo 5 Sale until 20th March 2016
    Halo 5: Guardians 50% off
    - Digital Deluxe Edition (includes The Fall of Reach and 14 Premium REQ Packs) 50% off

Thanks to MathGuy42 for bringing this to my attention.
  • Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:53Permalink
    Shinnizle said:I know it's not on sale, but I was wondering... does the Arkham Knight Season Pass include all DLC? I was asking because a quick look at its Xbox page makes it look like it doesn't include the "Red Hood Story Pack" (I didn't check the others), but then, a quick look at the "Premium Edition" page doesn't show it either, and it says in the article that it includes all DLC.

I was also asking because the limited edition is on sale over here, so I might buy that for the Batman statue and then shell out for the season pass later on when it's on sale.
    Yes, the season pass includes everything: https://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-One/Bundle/Batman-Arkham-K...

The statue is pretty sweet though! :) It has a hidden switch with city lighting.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle889,636
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:12Permalink
    Cool! Thanks for the info. Makes me want the statue even more smile
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 18 March 16 at 01:14Permalink
    Gonna grab Tembo
    And possibly Beyond Eyes
    Backlog suffers still
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.