Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 15th, 2016

• Posted on 18 March 16 at 02:06Permalink
    laugh clap

Haiku about games
    Carefully written with style
    Hilarity Now
  • Posted on 18 March 16 at 05:19Permalink
    Awesome ive been wanting to play the non GOTY Arkham Asylum for a good while i never understood why they count as two separate games for achievementslaugh
    Hail to the King!
  • IKV91IKV911,483,800
    Posted on 18 March 16 at 06:36Permalink
    I hope next week has a good dlc sale. Still waiting for MW3 dlc to drop in price.
    Brynjolf
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333633,465
    Posted on 18 March 16 at 14:02Permalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:laugh clap

Haiku about games
    Carefully written with style
    Hilarity Now
    I want to let you know
    Your second line has eight syllables
    Insert something poetic here
    I would put here, "Insert something witty or creative", but that itself is not creative so I'll just leave this space bl--wait...
  • Posted on 18 March 16 at 21:52Permalink
    "Style" is one syllable. wink
  • Posted on 19 March 16 at 19:18Permalink
    The LEGO Batman 3 ''sale'' seriously pisses me off. $12 is just €10.46 for Europe and £8.28 for the UK, so the difference in price is absolutely insane. I might've even bought the 'Deluxe' edition if it was being sold at a reasonable price. Even if they wouldn't bother with the exchange rates they could still make it 12 pounds/euros/dollars for everyone.
    It honestly makes me wonder why MS screws Europe and the UK out of sales so frequently. Seems like the US is always being favored, while ''we'' are just as much part of the Xbox community as any US Xbox player.
  • Posted on 19 March 16 at 22:36Permalink
    For anyone with a PC, it's 55% off in Canada for 10 more days. I don't think I saw it mentioned. Works out to $5 and change.

Fire: Ungh's Quest (Win 10)
  • SpilnerSpilner794,202
    Posted on 19 March 16 at 23:32Permalink
    CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:For anyone with a PC, it's 55% off in Canada for 10 more days. I don't think I saw it mentioned. Works out to $5 and change.

Yoink, thanks
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Drew5195Drew5195760,041
    Posted on 20 March 16 at 02:15Permalink
    CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:For anyone with a PC, it's 55% off in Canada for 10 more days. I don't think I saw it mentioned. Works out to $5 and change.

It 55% off for NZ. Think it discount for all region. Thanks for letting us know.
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333633,465
    Posted on 20 March 16 at 03:23Permalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:"Style" is one syllable. winkDamn? Really?
    *goes to look it up in the dictionary*
    facepalm
    I would put here, "Insert something witty or creative", but that itself is not creative so I'll just leave this space bl--wait...
  • Posted on 20 March 16 at 06:10Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:zzUrbanSpaceman said:"Style" is one syllable. winkDamn? Really?
    *goes to look it up in the dictionary*
    facepalm
    I mean, if you sound it out it can seem like two, "Sty-el" but it's really "st-I-l". "I'll" is is one syllable, same sound.
    Myself, Freamwhole and Crandy host a podcast all about achievements. Check it out! http://www.zedtozed.com/
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 20 March 16 at 06:24, Edited on 20 March 16 at 06:39 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    AcE ViCTiMiZER said:The LEGO Batman 3 ''sale'' seriously pisses me off. $12 is just €10.46 for Europe and £8.28 for the UK, so the difference in price is absolutely insane. I might've even bought the 'Deluxe' edition if it was being sold at a reasonable price. Even if they wouldn't bother with the exchange rates they could still make it 12 pounds/euros/dollars for everyone.
    It honestly makes me wonder why MS screws Europe and the UK out of sales so frequently. Seems like the US is always being favored, while ''we'' are just as much part of the Xbox community as any US Xbox player.
    1. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    2. The UK and Europe get the exact same discount as the US.
    3. $12 New Zealand Dollars would be far cheaper than the US, so I can't see that happening.
    4. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    5. Cars, houses, pretty much everything is cheaper in the states, so go live there.
    6. Minimum wage is lower in the US than most countries, so maybe don't go live there.
    7. Buy it from the US, no need to live there at all.
    8. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    9. https://ebgames.co.nz/xbox-one-202164-LEGO-Batman-3-Beyond-G... is $110 in New Zealand ($75 USD) and $58.47 in this sale. The sale price you are being offered is a bargain in comparison to that.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 20 March 16 at 06:29Permalink
    Compared to the price of every other lego game on the digital market, Lego Batman 3 in Australia and NZ is completely overpriced, and that's particularly noticeable when comparing to the other markets. I'd like to know why just this game, in these regions, at that price?
    Myself, Freamwhole and Crandy host a podcast all about achievements. Check it out! http://www.zedtozed.com/
    Posted on 20 March 16 at 06:35Permalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:Compared to the price of every other lego game on the digital market, Lego Batman 3 in Australia and NZ is completely overpriced, and that's particularly noticeable when comparing to the other markets. I'd like to know why just this game, in these regions, at that price?If people are prepared to pay $110 for it, then why would TT games lower the price. If they sold zero copies of the next Lego game in AU/NZ then sure as hell the price would come down, but there are too many rich mummies and daddies buying those games for their little kiddies for that to happen.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 20 March 16 at 12:49, Edited on 20 March 16 at 12:52 by AcE ViCTiMiZERPermalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:AcE ViCTiMiZER said:The LEGO Batman 3 ''sale'' seriously pisses me off. $12 is just €10.46 for Europe and £8.28 for the UK, so the difference in price is absolutely insane. I might've even bought the 'Deluxe' edition if it was being sold at a reasonable price. Even if they wouldn't bother with the exchange rates they could still make it 12 pounds/euros/dollars for everyone.
    1. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    2. The UK and Europe get the exact same discount as the US.
    3. $12 New Zealand Dollars would be far cheaper than the US, so I can't see that happening.
    4. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    5. Cars, houses, pretty much everything is cheaper in the states, so go live there.
    6. Minimum wage is lower in the US than most countries, so maybe don't go live there.
    7. Buy it from the US, no need to live there at all.
    8. Microsoft don't make Lego games, TT do.
    9. https://ebgames.co.nz/xbox-one-202164-LEGO-Batman-3-Beyond-G... is $110 in New Zealand ($75 USD) and $58.47 in this sale. The sale price you are being offered is a bargain in comparison to that.
    I can't figure this post out. Is it supposed to be funny or something? What is all this nonsense about 'go live in the US'? Please.
    And why are you going on about New Zealand dollars anyway? You are only proving my point. If that's the price for this LEGO game over there, then that too, is ridiculous. If TT is indeed in charge of the LEGO Batman sale, then they should consider charging a reasonable price.

If you're not up for a good discussion you might as well not bother to comment in the first place.
    Posted on 20 March 16 at 19:15Permalink
    AcE ViCTiMiZER said:I can't figure this post out. Is it supposed to be funny or something? What is all this nonsense about 'go live in the US'? Please.
    And why are you going on about New Zealand dollars anyway? You are only proving my point. If that's the price for this LEGO game over there, then that too, is ridiculous. If TT is indeed in charge of the LEGO Batman sale, then they should consider charging a reasonable price.

If you're not up for a good discussion you might as well not bother to comment in the first place.
    Of course TT set the price on their games. At least TT have sales, unlike so many other publishers who never put their games or DLC on sale. Thank goodness for companies like Rockstar and 2K. Every week someone does a quick currency conversion and then complains about why their country doesn't have the cheapest games in the world, without taking into account taxes, cost of living, supply and demand.
  • Posted on 20 March 16 at 22:50Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Of course TT set the price on their games. At least TT have sales, unlike so many other publishers who never put their games or DLC on sale. Thank goodness for companies like Rockstar and 2K. Every week someone does a quick currency conversion and then complains about why their country doesn't have the cheapest games in the world, without taking into account taxes, cost of living, supply and demand.I don't think that's particularly fair.

In the US a brand new AAA title is typically priced at $60 USD, and the Australian equivalent is $100 or $110 AUD. The price point for Lego Batman 3 simply doesn't make sense. In the US it's standard price is $20 USD. This should be equivalent to to about $35 AUD, maybe $40 AUD, yet it's still priced at $90. You can't tell me that this is about taxes or cost of living, they are simply price gouging here. There's no reason for the game, which is over a year old, to still be priced at close to the same place as a brand new AAA title in Australia, when it's priced at the budget point in other markets.

If it were priced at the AU budget price point, you'd be right and I'd not be complaining. The pricing for this title just simply doesn't make sense.
    Posted on 21 March 16 at 03:17, Edited on 21 March 16 at 03:28 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:There's no reason for the game, which is over a year old, to still be priced at close to the same place as a brand new AAA title in Australia, when it's priced at the budget point in other markets.

If it were priced at the AU budget price point, you'd be right and I'd not be complaining. The pricing for this title just simply doesn't make sense.
    What you and I think the price should be has no barring on what TT set the price at. This is still a $110 premium title in New Zealand, and Lego Movie, Marvel, Hobbit, and Jurrasic are all still $100 and above. Lego games hold their price far longer than other titles. I have seen the same thing with StarCraft, Diablo, MW2, even 5 years after release they had hardly dropped in price. Perhaps when Lego Star Wars (and Season Pass) is released, some of the older titles will get a price drop, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here's a counter example to cheer you up ;)
    Rayman Legends (Xbox 360)
    In US: $40 USD + 10% tax = $44 USD
    In AU: $30 AUD = $22.75 USD

So they pay nearly twice as much in the US as AU. You would have to ask Ubisoft about this one.

At least in the days of the universal MSP currency, DLC such as XBLA and Add-ons were the same points everywhere in the world. GoD still had regional pricing, even then.
  • S4T4NS BRIDES4T4NS BRIDE173,713
    Posted on 21 March 16 at 06:52Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:zzUrbanSpaceman said:There's no reason for the game, which is over a year old, to still be priced at close to the same place as a brand new AAA title in Australia, when it's priced at the budget point in other markets.

What you and I think the price should be has no barring on what TT set the price at. This is still a $110 premium title in New Zealand, and Lego Movie, Marvel, Hobbit, and Jurrasic are all still $100 and above. Lego games hold their price far longer than other titles. I have seen the same thing with StarCraft, Diablo, MW2, even 5 years after release they had hardly dropped in price. Perhaps when Lego Star Wars (and Season Pass) is released, some of the older titles will get a price drop, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Here's a counter example to cheer you up ;)
    Rayman Legends (Xbox 360)
    In US: $40 USD + 10% tax = $44 USD
    In AU: $30 AUD = $22.75 USD

So they pay nearly twice as much in the US as AU. You would have to ask Ubisoft about this one.

At least in the days of the universal MSP currency, DLC such as XBLA and Add-ons were the same points everywhere in the world. GoD still had regional pricing, even then.
    The pricing of games in Australia generally isn't too bad, the problem is pricing on the XB store. They seem to charge a flat rate of $99 for new release games over here. In store I picked up The Division for $68 on launch day. Batman Arkham Knight is not a new game, yet on the XB store it's non discounted price is still $99. This can be purchased locally for $42 which is still $18 lower than XB's 'sale price'

There is also an expectation that a digital copy should cost less than a physical copy. There are no shipping, storage or costs associated with running a store & they don't have to manufacture any physical goods. The fact that XB's digital pricing is in some cases double the price of buying a retail copy shows that whoever is setting this pricing has no idea what they are doing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.