Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three More Games Are Now Backwards Compatible

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 March 16 at 19:36
Oh Alan Wake ... how I love you <3
I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
zsoltee53
zsoltee53
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:29
I'm the only one who completed the Alan Wake to 100% on Xbox 360, then played it on Xbox One and now have 2 Alan Wakes in the Achievements? laugh The Xbox One achievement system is better and better...

Picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8oplwxd4n5qon4/Photo%202016.%2003...
TechnoTomato
TechnoTomato
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:30, Edited on 17 March 16 at 20:31 by TechnoTomato
Alan Wake! clap
We're all mad here...
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:36
I'm with most people here in that Alan Wake was one of the best games on the 360 and best I've ever played on a console, really enjoyed it. And when I go 360 I might go play it again. Hopefully when it has a sequel as well.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:39
zsoltee53 said:I'm the only one who completed the Alan Wake to 100% on Xbox 360, then played it on Xbox One and now have 2 Alan Wakes in the Achievements? laugh The Xbox One achievement system is better and better...

Picture:
Its a completely different set of achievements?!?
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:41
m guess I can get back on Alan wake and try to beat castlevania
IT'SA ME SPAGHETT
zsoltee53
zsoltee53
Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:44
MugenKairo said:zsoltee53 said:I'm the only one who completed the Alan Wake to 100% on Xbox 360, then played it on Xbox One and now have 2 Alan Wakes in the Achievements? laugh The Xbox One achievement system is better and better...

Picture:
It's a "new game" with 0G and I have 0/0 achievements, check my linked photo! Very strange.
deluxnugs
deluxnugs
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:00
zsoltee53 said:I'm the only one who completed the Alan Wake to 100% on Xbox 360, then played it on Xbox One and now have 2 Alan Wakes in the Achievements? laugh The Xbox One achievement system is better and better...

Picture:
sure it looks cool but have you gained any achievements or Gs yet? could be just a fluke.
Sheep: People who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought.
Born Knight 74
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:24
Waiting for Alan Wake code here (I made a Pre Order of Quantum Break)...but it seems only 5-10 days after the release of QB that it will be given to us.
ComboChrist
ComboChrist
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:36
MarekVit said:Where is DARK SOULS!!! It was supposed to be available like weeks ago.^this. It's pathetic. They annouce that shit and actually advertise it and yet there's no sign of DS. Didn't expect less from these idiots at "From Software".
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:39
zsoltee53 said:MugenKairo said:zsoltee53 said:I'm the only one who completed the Alan Wake to 100% on Xbox 360, then played it on Xbox One and now have 2 Alan Wakes in the Achievements? laugh The Xbox One achievement system is better and better...

Picture:
It's a "new game" with 0G and I have 0/0 achievements, check my linked photo! Very strange.
It happens with some BC games (it happened to me with PvZ and Portal), but it will fix itself soon, it's because there is a contradiction between the Retail Alan Wake version and the BC version^^
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:43
Geoffistopheles said:misfit119 said:Geoffistopheles said:I hope the Alan Wake DLC from Quantum Break is a separate code. Gives me a separate game to spread to someone else if possible.

Almost makes me want to replay Symphony of the Night.
For me it was a code that gave access to the game + DLC. So it should be separate. And after I finish FFXI I am now going to play SotN. See if I can't record a speed run of the game using the One.
You already got it? Interesting. I got the code for American Nightmare, but nothing else.
The preview build came with a code for it. So I got that but not American Nightmare. Wasn't aware that was even being given away.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 17 March 16 at 21:55
Has anyone tried putting the Konami Classics Vol. 1 disc in their One to see if you can play Symphony of the Night that way?
II REB II
II REB II
Posted on 17 March 16 at 22:32
Yes!!!! Alan Wake is such a great game, very glad they put this on BC. Only other horror type game I've played recently is Layers of Fear which is also fantastic. Lights off, curtains shut and try not to jump laugh
II REB II
II REB II
Posted on 17 March 16 at 22:39
ComboChrist said:MarekVit said:Where is DARK SOULS!!! It was supposed to be available like weeks ago.^this. It's pathetic. They annouce that shit and actually advertise it and yet there's no sign of DS. Didn't expect less from these idiots at "From Software".Why is it pathetic? What exactly are you upset about? Have you lost money? You haven't already played it on 360? You've been waiting all your life for a next gen console to play a last gen game?

This whole BC thing is a great bonus to Xbone players and provided free of charge. There is nothing for anybody to complain about.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 17 March 16 at 23:21
More, please!
MCFC Blue Nose
Posted on 18 March 16 at 00:13
Pac man & Borderlands have not appeared for me, but Halo Wars has!
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 18 March 16 at 00:34
MCFC Blue Nose said:Pac man & Borderlands have not appeared for me, but Halo Wars has!Oho, popped the HW disc in and it's now d/l the 7.2gb "update" - I'll try Skate 3 and Blops for the hell of it when it's done
Ross Hodge
Ross Hodge
Posted on 18 March 16 at 00:38
It's not a lake,
dive
"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us." -Kevin Levine
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 18 March 16 at 01:05, Edited on 18 March 16 at 01:13 by WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE said:MCFC Blue Nose said:Pac man & Borderlands have not appeared for me, but Halo Wars has!Oho, popped the HW disc in and it's now d/l the 7.2gb "update" - I'll try Skate 3 and Blops for the hell of it when it's doneNope, neither works, ah well... can't think of any of the other ones they said were 'coming soon' in November that I still have the discs for

Halo Wars crashed to dash after closing the 'downloadable content' window too haha

Edit: Had a sneaking suspicion it might be a preview members thing...

Larry Hryb @majornelson 2h
505 846
Xbox One Preview Members: Halo Wars will be playable in PREVIEW via Back Compat later today (under Ready To Install) https://t.co/Dm8wTWkJGa
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.