Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

The Ultimate Survival Challenge.

AuthorMessage
Zoot Marlowe
Zoot Marlowe
Posted on 24 March 16 at 04:34
In the spirit of the new Ultimate Head to Head challenge, I would love to see this turned into something like the bean dive was. In the same way you can opt to do a bean dive at anytime, I would love to be able to do an achievement challenge at anytime as well. Once started you would get a list of 20 randomly generated achievements you have not yet obtained with varying ratios like the current event has. The first week you have to obtain a minimum of 5 achievements. Each subsequent week the minimum required achievements would be increased by 1 or 2 until reaching a requirement of needing all 20 achievements. Every subsequent week after that the difficulty of the achievements generated would increase. Instead of having achievements generated that have a ratio of 1.0 they start with a minimum of 1.5. The following week the lowest ratio achievement you get will be 2.0 and so on and so forth, until you are no longer able to obtain all 20 achievements. You could even set up a leaderboard that places you based on how many weeks you survived. Call it something like The Ultimate Survival Challenge.

You could run this as a league without having to worry about finding other members that match up with your exact achievement list. Instead have the standings based on total weeks you are able to "survive". You could also do it based off of other factors if so desired such as total achievements won, total ratio earned, or some other factor I am not thinking of. It could be set up so once someone opts to do one of these events they are placed in a queue. Once a set number of players have queued up, say 8, 16 or maybe even 32, a new league is created and each participant has an achievement list generated based solely on the games they own without having to worry about finding a player who has the exact same locked achievements. The league would continue until one participant has survived longer then everyone else. It could be done just for fun, for site badges, for TA pro time, a game redemption code, an avatar item, or anything you wanted really.

I just thought I would throw my hat into the arena of suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read this suggestion and I hope people like it.
Fear Me For I Have the Power to Destroy You.
The Biodreamer
Posted on 24 March 16 at 16:56
Why increase the number of needed achievements, lock the collection instead and the achievement will be harder and harder to get. otherwise you will end up busted getting achievement that can't be done in a week and you automatically fails. in UHH these achievement has no impact due to no one will unlock them. in this case they would ruin the challenge.
Zoot Marlowe
Zoot Marlowe
Posted on 25 March 16 at 04:18
It is meant to keep getting progressively harder otherwise there is a chance it would go on for an extremely long time. If you have 20,000 locked achievements it could in theory take you 1000 weeks to lose. Obviously that is an extreme case and probably wouldn't happen. However the achievements needed requirement was meant for if it was done as a solo venture like the bean dive is. Where you are just competing against yourself. In a league setting there would be no need for a minimum number of required achievements. You would instead be competing each week for the most number of achievements obtained or for whatever stat it is that you wanted to make it for, such as gamer score earned, or TA score earned. In the event of it being one of the latter the list of achievements generated would have to instead be based of those values instead of being based on what the ratio is.
Fear Me For I Have the Power to Destroy You.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.