Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: March 27th, 2012

• Tandar1Tandar1936,908
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 17:56Permalink
    Does any of the Forza DLC add achievements? Looking at the page I would assume no....
  • ZM3ZM3122,238
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:06Permalink
    Any car packs to buy or avoid? I generally don't buy cars since there are already so many in game, but if there is an exceptional pack on sale I will.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:08Permalink
    Phoenix C64 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    Does anybody know how difficult a 200G for Joe Danger is?
    494 TA should give you an idea...

https://www.trueachievements.com/Joe-Danger-SE-xbox-360.htm
    Joe Danger: Special EditionDANGER IS MY MIDDLE NAMEThe DANGER IS MY MIDDLE NAME achievement in Joe Danger: Special Edition worth 128 pointsSo dangerous they named him twice! Collect all stars in career mode.
    shock

Though I'm not gonna worry about not being able to get 200/200, as long as the controls are smooth, the game is fun, and has enough replay value to keep me busy for a while.
    Mame Tobikomi! Bean Dive COMPREET-O! Completion from 37.45 to 26.65!
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:23Permalink
    I knew if I waited I could get Joe Danger a little cheaper! Didn't even have to wait long.
  • grex9101grex9101276,261
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:30Permalink
    Joe Danger and Daytona are no-brainers for me.

Already have Sega Rally, would be nice to see a bit of an online community to finally 100% it....
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity124,081
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:36Permalink
    I still play Daytona USA on my Sega Saturn...
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto144,868
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 19:05Permalink
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    KanjiKoka said:
    Linkster FTW said:
    How on earth could Alan Wake at £16 possibly be classed as a deal? I paid £8 over a year ago for it brand new still sealed. This is precisely why the GoD service for the 360 will never be a success. I assume it comes with The Writer DLC.
    That's a negative.
    ...the one thing I don't understand about GoD is that they NEVER come with DLC. Borderlands was more expensive than the GoY edition (which was out when GoD version was released), and even at launch, Fable was NOT the Lost Chapters version, which was also cheaper at retail. The only Digital GoD games I have are the one's I got for FREE (Halo Reach because of the disc format mixup, and Bioshock 2 as a prize or promotion or something). I like the concept, but the pricing, even on sale, is ridiculous. If you are going to charge more, include the DLC!!
    I have Monopoly (My ex-gf bought it, it's a bad game), Assassin's Creed, which was £20 and I only bought it because I brought home AC II and noticed it continued from AC I, which I never finished, and I couldn't be bothered to go back out to the shops, and Bully, which is actually cheaper on GoD than most shops.

But no, overall, it's a very expensive service. I really hate not having the games on a disk format.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 19:11Permalink
    i will buy Joe Danger on sunday, when the new rewards deal is revealed.
  • PetrifiedPetrified962,482
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 19:27Permalink
    Might buy Daytona USA or I may wait and see what next week has on sale
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy452,522
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 19:35Permalink
    Daytona takes ~20mins... considering Joe Danger for more of a challenge
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:15Permalink
    Shadow Enz said:
    Good to see Sega Rally and Daytona on sale again smile
    First for Daytona!

Going to get Joe and Daytona :D
    Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339401,724
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:32Permalink
    toddycst said:
    Daeryoon said:
    Maybe Daytona if it's an easy 200GS...
    It's one of the easiest XLBA completions on the system. It'll take you an hour.
    217 TA and the achievement with the highest ratio is 1.15. So yeah, you're not kidding.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator178,290
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:47Permalink
    I already own Joe Danger on PS3, but i might get it on 360 too as it have new content.
    Daytona USA is a buy.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun233,951
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:54, Edited on 27 March 12 at 20:54 by Loch DounPermalink
    The Joe Danger price drop is probably due to the sequel coming out soon.
    Picked it up at that price, the game got high praise from critics.

No splitscreen on Daytona is a deal breaker.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN285,224
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:55Permalink
    Daytona USA, then Sega Rally, finally Joe Danger.
  • Ace ChewieAce Chewie558,202
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:16Permalink
    well i got daytona and sega rally... but i think id rather wait for trials evo than get joe danger..
    [url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ace_Chewie] [img]http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blue/Ace%20Chewie.jp
  • KUSAN4GIKUSAN4GI467,802
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:22Permalink
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    ...the one thing I don't understand about GoD is that they NEVER come with DLC. Borderlands was more expensive than the GoY edition (which was out when GoD version was released), and even at launch, Fable was NOT the Lost Chapters version, which was also cheaper at retail. The only Digital GoD games I have are the one's I got for FREE (Halo Reach because of the disc format mixup, and Bioshock 2 as a prize or promotion or something). I like the concept, but the pricing, even on sale, is ridiculous. If you are going to charge more, include the DLC!!
    Actually some do come with DLC. Alice: Madness Returns came with the original Game and the weapon pack, and Dragon Age 2 came with The Black Emporium. I've also heard that a few others do to.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:34Permalink
    Jyejitsu said:
    Damn >_> thought it was Mass Effect DLC this week. Maybe getting Joe Danger though. Atleast this one isn't a repeat.
    I was hoping for MASS EFFECT dlc too two bad weeks in a row for me personally since i have season pass for forza and joe danger already. Plz give us ME dlc next week pretty plz
    It's all about the U
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII307,602
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:38Permalink
    Nothing for me.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:39Permalink
    I have to agree with all you on the GoD prices they are way to high but with they way gas prices are going up they might end up being cheaper than driving to the store. LOL i kid they are to high even then
    It's all about the U
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.