Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: March 27th, 2012

• CASS190684CASS190684241,088
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:43Permalink
    On the fence about Daytona. Always said I'd grab it when it's half price but now it is I'm not sure...LOL.
    Joe Danger is pretty cool too but can't really see myself sitting down to put the time and effort into it :(
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 21:58Permalink
    CASS190684 said:
    On the fence about Daytona. Always said I'd grab it when it's half price but now it is I'm not sure...LOL.
    Joe Danger is pretty cool too but can't really see myself sitting down to put the time and effort into it :(
    Get it! C'mon you know you want to ;) 200G just calling your gamertag laugh
    !!.DA CYBER SQUAD.!!
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,521
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:03Permalink
    Lethal Hunter said:
    i will buy Joe Danger on sunday, when the new rewards deal is revealed.
    Bah...forgot what time of the month it was. Last month I renewed my family plan on the 28th...then March 1st was announced double reward msp for renewing during March. Lost 400pts because I didn't wait, and now I went and made my marketpace purchases this morning...if it's a reward for buying add-ons or xbla I am going to be pissed!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun234,022
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,521
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:07Permalink
    Tandar1 said:
    Does any of the Forza DLC add achievements? Looking at the page I would assume no....
    The only Forza DLC with achvs is the upcoming (and not included in season pass) Porsche Pack, which adds the Porsche cars that EA wouldn't give up the license for.

None of the season pass dlc packs came with achvs, and none were "full" of good cars...each pack had a mix of good/ bad/ nostalgia cars, so I simply "bought" the free car from each pack and dropped some msp on a "must-have" here and there.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:10Permalink
    my money is all out thanks to naruto and silent hill. i got zip to spend. i might throw some pocket change to joe danger though, seems fun.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:10, Edited on 27 March 12 at 23:38 by Permalink
    Linkster FTW said:
    FutureShark said:
    Here's what I heard are in the Games On Demand 'Sale', not that impressive really. If you want any of these then I'd advise you to get down to your nearest (not closed) GAME and scouring the preowned section.

Fable III
    Was: 2400 MP > Now: 1600 MP (£13.33)

Alan Wake
    Was: 2400 MP > Now: 1973 MP (£16.49)

Halo Wars
    Was: 2400 MP > Now: 1600 MP (£13.33)

Halo: Reach
    Was: 3200 MP > Now: 1973 MP (£16.66)

Mass Effect
    Was: 1600 MP > Now: 1200 MP (£11.24)

In the US, Gears of War and Crackdown 2 are added to the line-up

Joe Danger & Daytona for me this week, yay for a good Deal Of the Week!
    How on earth could Alan Wake at £16 possibly be classed as a deal? I paid £8 over a year ago for it brand new still sealed. This is precisely why the GoD service for the 360 will never be a success. I assume it comes with The Writer DLC.
    Dude, none of those are a good deal. lol All can be found brand new for cheaper. Like you, I don't see how GoD could be a success. I also don't see why anyone would buy this shit to begin with, but to each their own I guess.facepalm
    toast

Here are 10 Fable III's that are cheaper than this "deal":
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fable-3-Xbox-2010-NTSC-/280798827990...

If you want digital Alan Wake, here's several cheaper ones:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360-2010-Full-Game-Do...

Plenty of disc Alan Wakes for around the "deal" price on there as well.

Plenty of digital Halo Reachs here for cheaper:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360-2010-Full-Game-D...

Keep in mind that these were just found on eBay and were Buy It Now prices, so you could potentially get them cheaper at Auction. These searches took me all of about a minute to find, so there's no doubt that there are probably comparable deals out there elsewhere.
    And like I always say, if you find a disc copy for a few dollars more than these "deals", keep in mind the potential to trade it or resell it once you're done with it, thereby getting it for "cheaper".clap

I'm not going to do this for everything posted on here, but it's just to illustrate that you can find better deals with a half-assed search attempt.toast
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator178,288
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:17Permalink
    Daytona USA:

200G can be done in less than 1 hour, and you dont require much skill to even get it 100% as you can use "very easy" on most of them, and the rest is also "easy". ;)

Its like Afterburner Climax which also was a easy 200G.
  • Mattpm13Mattpm131,277,273
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 23:51Permalink
    Nice I've been wanting to get Daytona for a while. I might get Joe Danger, I'll probably trial it.
  • Mrmoore0Mrmoore08,999
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 03:48Permalink
    Love this Deal of the Week due to my love of racing :)
  • BeachemBeachem275,325
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 04:24Permalink
    Definitely getting Daytona for the easy completion. Might check out Sega Rally as well.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,077,004
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 06:50Permalink
    Downloaded, completed and deleted Daytona USA within 35mins last night. Handling is aweful, the arcade version had a stearing wheel and it doesn't translate to pad very well.
    100 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • MakkerMakker391,254
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 07:09Permalink
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    ... that EA wouldn't give up the license for.
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to once again say "Fuck you EA".

Thank you for your attention.
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney443,446
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 10:08Permalink
    Daytona USA will be the easiest 200 points you will ever get. I think I did it in 45 minutes.
    MizerisMoney
  • StunNutsStunNuts202,593
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 11:19Permalink
    +1 for Daytona !
    200G in less than an hour and now I continue singing "Daytonaaaaaa tutulututu tutulututu Daytonaaaaaa" since yesterday LoL =D
  • ardliveardlive146,644
    Posted on 28 March 12 at 12:53Permalink
    Tried the Joe Danger demo but it just seemed like a poor Trials HD. Does it get better?
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS556,442
    Posted on 29 March 12 at 03:46, Edited on 29 March 12 at 04:17 by StarshadeFPSPermalink
    Daytona! maybe Reach or Forza 4.

lol, by the looks of posts Daytona is going to sell good.
    www.lamargames.nl
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e546,876
    Posted on 29 March 12 at 05:36Permalink
    DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Such a quick 200G. Whoever doesn't get it...you're not a true GS whore. XD
  • pezza888pezza888113,061
    Posted on 31 March 12 at 18:43Permalink
    Hmm... May get daytona.
    Unrelated, but does anyone know if there will be a deal of the week for cod 5 zombie map packs anytime soon?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.