The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 5th, 2016

• Bk LuCKY ChaRMSBk LuCKY ChaRMS1,364,633
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 20:23
    PGA tour is a steal here it's 40 bucks everywhere else plus I'll get myself some baseball riot
  • Posted on 05 April 16 at 20:37
    Birthday is coming up, and my friend has the jackbox collections on his computer. Good time to put both on sale for consoles.
  • pezboybenpezboyben789,593
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 20:41
    Baseball riot for me.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf521,727
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:02
    i bought baseball riot, i feel like i spent 2.50 on a game that should be free. it feels like a windows phone game trooper freebie.

easy achievements though.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,271,269
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:02
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:11
    rocking23nf said:i bought baseball riot, i feel like i spent 2.50 on a game that should be free. it feels like a windows phone game trooper freebie.

I played it on my other account and thought the achievements aren't easy like Tennis in your Face but are frustrating. If you found them easy you must be really patient.
    Press X to Jason!
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,724,130
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:14, Edited on 05 April 16 at 21:18 by Fire Hawk D
    The "Complete Add-Ons Collection" for Forza at 60% off is still almost $50?! Gross.

And I thought spending over $60 for the AquaZone: Life Simulator DLC was bad.

Kanchanaburi said:I am tired of waiting every tuesday for any of the DLC I need to go on sale. I am f**king tired of it. They keep putting the same stupid shit on sale, games that didn't hit as hard as they should have, Battlefront, GTA5, Evolve, Battlefield,

I AM SICK OF SEEING THESE GAMES ON SALE.

when all we really want is COD DLC, Mass effect DLC, AC DLC or any DLC at all. But they don't, and when they do, here boys and girls, we will give you 10% off. NOW be happy! WFT?

And I am really sick of IDBOX games. I wish there was a filter so I could delete any news or sales to do with these 8-16 bit home schooling pencils that are a complete waste of talent.

Enough said.
    A) Why the hate for games published through the ID@Xbox program? If you don't like them, don't play them. It's weird to hate a game solely because it's brought to the console through a developer program. That's...bizarre.

B) Good luck seeing much DLC for sale on Xbox 360 anymore. I miss seeing obscure XBLA titles on sale.
  • CheevolutionCheevolution597,022
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:17
    People.Stop complaining.No one forces you to buy that stuff.
    Remakes wishlist:1.Õkami 2.Onimusha 3.Prototype
  • TechnoTomatoTechnoTomato574,436
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:24
    Another week of shitty sales facepalm
    We're all mad here...
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,742,260
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:31
    smile2,50 for baseball riot. Count me in
  • capicawlcapicawl635,768
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 21:52
    Jackbox party packs for me for the gtasc. How difficult is Rory pga golf?
  • Posted on 05 April 16 at 22:23
    I almost bought that Jackbox pack on Saturday at full price. The first one was great fun to play with my family, so I'm really pleased to see the second one on sale.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,154,111
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 22:39
    So does the lack of Batman Arkham Knight in this list mean Batman Arkham Knight's Premium Edition dropping to $50 (and its season pass dropping to $20) is more likely a price drop and not a sale?
  • Fury87Fury87835,924
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 22:42
    Picked up Baseball Riot mainly because it is cheap and seems like a fairly easy completion. Tempted to get both Jackbox Party packs for the easy GS but I think I'll wait and hope that they go on sale, maybe this summer, for a better price. I'm confident I will be able to get the xbone version cheaper but I'm not so sure about anything on the 360 at the this point.
  • jMAVERICKJWBjMAVERICKJWB578,256
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 22:54
    I will buy the Bill Melendez grand adventure now that it is on sale.
  • Posted on 05 April 16 at 22:55
    Baseball Riot for me. Still waiting for the Battlefront season pass to go like 90% off.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,367,157
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 23:12
    Good ? Is that batman arkham knight season pass a price drop or a sale ?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,154,111
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 23:19
    rocking23nf said:i bought baseball riot, i feel like i spent 2.50 on a game that should be free. it feels like a windows phone game trooper freebie.

It is a mobile game that got ported to consoles, so that would probably explain your feeling wink. It's "free" on mobile, but only for the first set of levels, after which you hit the "buy the game now" paywall.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,990
    Posted on 05 April 16 at 23:56, Edited on 06 April 16 at 04:36 by HolyHalfDead
    1. Games that are selling well at full price do not need to be put on sale.
    2. The Forza DLC bundle is great value. Just because it isn't a COD DLC bundle, doesn't make it a bad deal. At least Turn 10 discount their DLC on Xbox One, they are one of the very few companies who do that.
    3. Microsoft aren't responsible for these discounts, the publishers are.

I bought Porsche, Storm Island and VIP for FH2, which costs $50 seperately. In this sale you get those and loads more for $47, or $36 from Canada.

xPut Name Herex said:So does the lack of Batman Arkham Knight in this list mean Batman Arkham Knight's Premium Edition dropping to $50 (and its season pass dropping to $20) is more likely a price drop and not a sale?It is a price drop - HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Recent Price Drops (Updated 5th April 2016)

Very easy to tell with Xbox One - you will see two prices, the full price and your sale price (which is based on you XBL membership).

With Xbox 360 if the price has only decreased in US, then it is a price drop, since sales are for all regions. When they drop the price for all regions (very rare) on the same day of the week as the sales (very, very rare) then I make an educated guess.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • PHARREAL87PHARREAL87319,731
    Posted on 06 April 16 at 00:47
    been waiting for Jackbox party pack 2
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.