The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 5th, 2016

AuthorMessage
togethawiistand
Posted on 06 April 16 at 03:41
BE0912 said:SneezeSomeMilk said:The price for battlefront is insane.But it includes emotes!Welcome to the new age... of rip off.

Does anybody know about any WP games sale?
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 06 April 16 at 06:31
"SALE!"
- Game costs $90,00 after sale.

smh
onnovdw
onnovdw
Posted on 06 April 16 at 08:35
I really don't understand why there aren't more 360 games on sale, you'd expect all the publishers would try to sell those games before everyone moves to the One.
" they told me the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 06 April 16 at 08:38, Edited on 06 April 16 at 08:39 by Lockie
Yes I'm totally going to spend AU$134 on a video game. laugh
Posting from sunny Australia.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 06 April 16 at 09:04, Edited on 06 April 16 at 09:16 by Pare ESP
HolyHa1fDead said:3. Microsoft aren't responsible for these discounts, the publishers are.
Not sure about that. I think it should be kind of agreement between publishers and MS, and a sale schedule involving several months. It sounds strange to me that the discounts are just proposed by the publishers, but it can be.

HolyHa1fDead said:1. Games that are selling well at full price do not need to be put on sale.
Also, Star wars battlefront has been lots of times in sale and in my opinion is a game that is selling well worldwide. Another different thing is that this game is not achieving the sell expectative of EA. Nowadays, I know that making money is a priority instead of making costumers happy

If lot of people are disappointed and complaining about the sales week after week, it means something and MS should consider it, since costumers have always the reason, or not anymore? This is a good point to take into account

I know that it is difficult to have everybody happy, but lately seems that are more people complaining than happy

We should have a look how PS is doing its sales and if their players are or not happy. I just saw that the PS Spring sales were not bad at all.
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 06 April 16 at 09:24
I bought the Forza Horizon 2 DLC's seperately in the sales in advance, but now only the deluxe edition is on 'sale'? Thanks microsoft!
AcE ViCTiMiZER
Posted on 06 April 16 at 09:58
pezboyben said:Baseball riot for me.This. Other than that horrible sale.
Fluffesk
Fluffesk
Posted on 06 April 16 at 11:12
Just bought baseball riot and pneumonia
WithTheDawn
WithTheDawn
Posted on 06 April 16 at 13:12
Is Jackbox US only or something? Can't seem to buy it in Australia.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 06 April 16 at 13:31
Pare ESP said:HolyHa1fDead said:3. Microsoft aren't responsible for these discounts, the publishers are.
Not sure about that. I think it should be kind of agreement between publishers and MS, and a sale schedule involving several months. It sounds strange to me that the discounts are just proposed by the publishers, but it can be.
To clarify what HolyHa1fDead was saying: the publishers are the one who set the prices for sales and determine if their titles will even go on sale. Under US law, it is illegal for the marketplace provider of digital goods (Microsoft in this case, as they provide the Xbox marketplace for publishers to use) to adjust the price of every item in their store without the expressed permission of the entity who published the item to said store. The marketplace provider is not even allowed to forgo their cut of the sale to lower the price (so Microsoft couldn't give up most of its 30% cut to get a 25% off sale, unless the publisher said they could).

Now, Microsoft (or Apple, Google, Sony, Valve, etc.) will have an entire unit in their operations dedicated to getting publishing entities to allow their game to go on sales, organize the sales, etc. The marketplace provider may even right something into the original contract for getting it on the marketplace (for instance, maybe Valve tells a publisher "you can publish your game on our service, but you have to let us put it 25% off for a week three months after release"). There's a lot of things the marketplace providers will do in order to organize sales and keep consumer interest, but ultimately they are beholden to the wishes of the publishing entity of the content on their marketplaces.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 06 April 16 at 13:32
Baseball Riot might as well
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Daeryoon
Daeryoon
Posted on 06 April 16 at 13:46
No thank you to anything this week.
I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Also an XBLA completion addict and Terraria Master.
Burnah Bros
Burnah Bros
Posted on 06 April 16 at 14:34
Good job as always Chewie! As for the sales what's the deal with Star Wars being sooooo over priced. Good thing I'm patient. I'm waiting for it to be in the vault even if it takes 2 years because I refuse to be robbed for BS DLC that should have been included in the game in the 1st place. Idk why companies think cash grabs are profitable? Look at Minecraft or GTA V. Minecraft is popular because it's cheap and accessible. GTA V has new DLC constantly for over 3 years and never charges a single penny for it. Yeah sure they have the shark cards but you are not forced to spend extra money if you want to enjoy the game. I feel that since Star Wars is such a big franchise they know it will bring in people who don't even play games. I think it's immoral to take these people's money and use them to force gamer's into paying jacked up prices if they want to play. Guess I'll just enjoy the many, many other games that give value and respect the consumer.
Burnah Bros
meridianfire
meridianfire
Posted on 06 April 16 at 15:32
very slim pickings this week
Uber Silk Road
Posted on 07 April 16 at 00:20
prob cheaper 2 buy any xbl sales on retail 2nd hand
uber silk road
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 07 April 16 at 02:11, Edited on 07 April 16 at 02:34 by HolyHalfDead
Minecraft Story Mode Skin Pack FREE until 12th April 2016
Minecraft (Xbox 360) Story Mode Skin Pack FREE until 12th April 2016

xPut Name Herex said:Now, Microsoft (or Apple, Google, Sony, Valve, etc.) will have an entire unit in their operations dedicated to getting publishing entities to allow their game to go on sales, organize the sales, etc.Thanks for your much improved explanation.

I can imagine the amount of negotiating that goes into this. Microsoft want good sales to compete with Sony. The publishers want to maximise the profit made from every game sold, for the benefit of their shareholders. The agreed percentage reduction could even come down to if your game gets the large tile image on the dashboard, a smaller tile, or no tile at all.

Publishers can discount their content whenever they want, such as Tecmo Koei and Microsoft can't stop them from doing that. However, those sales get little to no promotion by Microsoft because it is not part of their DwG/Spotlight sales.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Cladofi
Cladofi
Posted on 07 April 16 at 10:04
Baseball Riot boutgh.

Looks kinda easy to get 1000 on this one.

My wallet say thanks.
Bsmittel
Bsmittel
Posted on 09 April 16 at 00:19
Bathtup47 said:Birthday is coming up, and my friend has the jackbox collections on his computer. Good time to put both on sale for consoles.I was thinking the same thing but they very oddly split it up where Jackbox 1 is for sale on the 360 but not the Xbox One, and Jackbox 2 is on sale for the Xbox One but not the 360. Seems pretty dumb to do it that way since I mainly was going to Jackbox 1 but don't feel like pulling out the 360 for it..... Why you do this MS?angry
then again why should anyone but 1 person have a bye... you can get to an even number after one week, no?
Ranga Dang Dang
Posted on 10 April 16 at 23:46, Edited on 11 April 16 at 04:13 by Ranga Dang Dang
just spotted Game troopers Abyss for sale on windows 8(works for win 10). 50% off.
Red stripe deal
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 11 April 16 at 08:51
Ranga Dang Dang said:just spotted Game troopers Abyss for sale on windows 8(works for win 10). 50% off.
Red stripe deal
Thanks for posting this Ranga Dang Dang toast

I just wanted to add, to get the 50% off you have to buy it on a Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile.

Red Stripe Deals until 13th April 2016
Abyss (Win 8) (includes Abyss (WP)) 50% off (discount applies to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile only)
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.