Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

OXENFREE Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Posted on 09 April 16 at 06:58
Please use this thread to discuss the OXENFREE walkthrough
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 09 April 16 at 07:27, Edited on 09 April 16 at 07:55 by KylKo
Hey there! I'm new to the walkthrough writing game, but excited to have the chance to construct one for this great game as well as for the awesome TA community. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 09 April 16 at 08:35, Edited on 09 April 16 at 08:53 by KylKo
One question... does anyone know what the controls are on the PC? I need to know how to access and use the radio, open the map, and interact with items.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 09 April 16 at 12:53
Yanusun said:One question... does anyone know what the controls are on the PC? I need to know how to access and use the radio, open the map, and interact with items.Use Shift or right-click the mouse to bring up the radio. Left-click and drag with the mouse to change stations.
Use Space to interact with objects.
Use Control to access the map.

You can also use an Xbox controller on Windows 10. If you have any other PC questions, let me know. I did it on Windows 10 and I don't know how different it is from the Xbox One version.
Game On.
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 12 April 16 at 05:02
Thanks, Jumbo!
DrJekl
DrJekl
Posted on 03 May 16 at 16:21
Now that this game is on sale, there will be more interest, will this walkthrough be done soon?
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 06 May 16 at 15:48
My finals period is now over so yes, the walkthrough will be finished this weekend. Apologies for the delay.
iMeidai
iMeidai
Posted on 08 May 16 at 08:36
Awesome ! Thanks for the work
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 10 May 16 at 06:38
The walkthrough has been submitted for review. My hope is that all goes well and it becomes available near the end of the week.
TheRealDrayton
Posted on 10 May 16 at 20:32
Looking forward to this. Thanks!
Posted on 11 May 16 at 17:36
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: OXENFREE Walkthrough
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 24 June 16 at 03:17, Edited on 24 June 16 at 03:18 by Sashamorning
Hey, an FYI:

I followed the mean playthrough to a T. I was nasty and cruel and yeah. When I got to the end, however...

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

At the end of the run, I unlocked the one for Ren =/= Nona, Thicker Than Water AND I'm the Firestarter.

So that part of the walkthrough might need a tweak. I freaked out a bit because I thought I was going to need another 2nd run.

toast
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 26 June 16 at 07:35
Thanks for the notice! I'm glad you still got it; I would have felt bad otherwise. It was hard to construct the walkthrough with certainty concerning all details because of how many possibilities there are and how little has been said about the story's specifics online. I'll add a note in the text.
UnsungGhost
UnsungGhost
Posted on 26 June 16 at 17:25
When I was doing that run through I didn't have any issues. There may have been some changes to the character interactions with the recent update. One of the most noticeable changes was some creepy epilogues and changed dialogue on subsequent playthroughs(sometimes). I also know that the ARG has been solved for a while now, but it's still interesting to let players find out everything on their own.
Seblirium
Seblirium
Posted on 16 September 17 at 22:46
With OXENFREE now available through GwG I imagine there may well be quite a few people using this walkthrough shortly (myself included; thanks!). However, I noticed a comment from somebody else in the GwG news article mentioning the 'New Game+' mode:

NG+ opens up a new ending and has a slightly shorter campaign that cuts out some filler.
Could anybody shed some light on this for those of us who've not played yet. Is it something to consider, or perhaps even worthy of a walkthrough update?
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 17 September 17 at 05:10
...no. There's a reason it's not discussed. Suffice it to say if you have all the collectibles, then just make sure you play once as super nice, one as an asshole, and one never talking.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. * I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Phalltea2010
Phalltea2010
Posted on 18 September 17 at 23:52
Not sure how but I did save the brother while keeping Jonas at the end. Your walkthrough seems to imply you can't do that.
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 23 September 17 at 23:47
Updates have been made to the game since I wrote this walkthrough that have changed the story in some minor ways (not being able to save everyone on the mean playthrough, for example), but none of them will stop you from getting the achievements as long as you follow the the walkthrough.

I have submitted changes to the walkthrough a couple weeks ago to let readers know about this, but the walkthrough supervisor has yet to approve them.
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 23 September 17 at 23:50, Edited on 23 September 17 at 23:55 by KylKo
Beijingy said:
Thanks for the walkthrough! It was indispensable to me throughout the game. But now that I finished my first playthrough, I can't help but notice you only covered 12 of the 13 achievements... Leaving out any mention of the one where you
It's there, just hidden inside a spoiler tag at the beginning! I didn't want to spoil the story with my explanation of how to get it.
UnsungGhost
UnsungGhost
Posted on 24 September 17 at 23:00
KylKo said:
I have submitted changes to the walkthrough a couple weeks ago to let readers know about this, but the walkthrough supervisor has yet to approve them.
I believe I approved it on Sept. 11th and the changes should be live. Let me know if that still isn't the case.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.