Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DLC Roundup: February 7th, 2012

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 February 12 at 07:06
    Mingledorff said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Well i was going to get Gotham Imposters but no chance now. Thats taking the piss.
    All of that DLC is unlockable within the game. The DLC is just for people that are too impatient to unlock it and want it now.
    my guess is that more games will do this, therefore i predict that one can unlock prestige-mode for 800msp in the next iteration of CoD. facepalm
  • ClydeFrog76ClydeFrog76101,937
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 07:14
    This is getting fucking ridiculous.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin405,534
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 07:31
    cerafino said:
    Mingledorff said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Well i was going to get Gotham Imposters but no chance now. Thats taking the piss.
    All of that DLC is unlockable within the game. The DLC is just for people that are too impatient to unlock it and want it now.
    my guess is that more games will do this, therefore i predict that one can unlock prestige-mode for 800msp in the next iteration of CoD. facepalm
    There have been many games that have done this practice before GCI
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,033,098
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 07:46
    Hustlinonradio said:
    cerafino said:
    Mingledorff said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    There have been many games that have done this practice before GCI
    Heck, it's practically the whole premise behind micro-transaction games.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Posted on 08 February 12 at 08:18
    Played in the Gotham Imposters Beta wasn't really impressed with it. Some of the weapons were overpowered but now I see the DLC cost is way over priced for such a thing...
  • Evil FefeEvil Fefe144,398
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 08:23
    Hell Yea, Cheap FF 13-2 DLC. Now i can have a bad ass ravanger in my party.
    I was pumped for Metal Gear Rising, But then i seen the VGA's
  • Posted on 08 February 12 at 08:59
    Does anyone know if the online pass affects any achievements in Kingdoms of Amalur?
  • DrShoe1976DrShoe1976312,634
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 09:10
    That's an offensive amount of DLC! Wow!

Also, I have the option of purchasing DLC *before* I can purchase the actual game?!
    Thanks, modern-gaming....
  • Daniel OverDaniel Over135,243
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 09:33
    I'm going to certainly pick up the Lightning battle for FFXIII-2... but I hope that there is more content in it than described; if Square do more DLC like this, I don't want to be paying 240 points a pop for just one Coliseum battle...

Unless that battle is Sephiroth, of course.
    Get the ambulance... "We haven't got an ambulance!!!"
  • Daniel OverDaniel Over135,243
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 09:34
    Though in all fairness, you can get Lightning in your party I believe; and compared to Gotham City Impostors, I think it'll seem all the more value for money.
    Get the ambulance... "We haven't got an ambulance!!!"
  • sdemon999sdemon99966,718
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 10:43
    Stuck in there somewhere is the Megaman X suit for Zero in UMVC3. But with all that GCI DLC you'd probably miss it on the list. Good newshounding Punky! :)
  • JDA27JDA27696,475
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 11:32
    In Gotham City, At the end of every match, you get costume coins which can be used to buy everything in the costume shop. There are also no achievements linked to costumes either. It does seem a waste of space to put this all in the marketplace. The only things that you have to buy is stuff in the black market, which is the 3 extra mascots (which on pc I somehow got one free) some extra calling cards and the XP boosts.
  • Smash41Smash41162,059
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 12:32
    These lists get longer every week.
    Is there sales data anywhere as someone must be buying this crap.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty623,948
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 13:43
    Mingledorff said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Yes i know, still a rip-off though. Sod that.
  • xboxrjdxboxrjd57,101
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:00
    Allright. F*** Amalur.
    I don't like so much dlc's at release.
    My schedule said: by Amalur this month.

Now my schedule says: wait till Amalur is a lot cheaper, and get the dlc also cheaper or for free.

F*** early dlc.
    Just my opinion.
  • ReevysReevys203,024
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:03
    Picked up the Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC yesterday, but I'm too terrified to take on Lightning at this point as I know she'll destroy me. Still, I look forward to when I can finally get her into my party, along with Omega.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke381,393
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:03, Edited on 08 February 12 at 14:06 by LockAndLuke
    Daniel Over said:
    I'm going to certainly pick up the Lightning battle for FFXIII-2... but I hope that there is more content in it than described; if Square do more DLC like this, I don't want to be paying 240 points a pop for just one Coliseum battle...

Unless that battle is Sephiroth, of course.
    When you find the shop in the Colosseum there are some new weapons, pretty damn good weapons too.

Reevys said:
    Picked up the Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC yesterday, but I'm too terrified to take on Lightning at this point as I know she'll destroy me. Still, I look forward to when I can finally get her into my party, along with Omega.
    I'm pretty much maxed out, only 2 roles aren't (the ones I never use) and the battle is still pretty solid, fun all the same though smile

I've beaten the two about 4 times now, still haven't gotten their crystals, so maybe you just have to keep beating them until they drop.
    Love classic games? Head right on over - www.youtube.com/LukeHappyFace
  • punkyliarpunkyliar214,718
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:22
    Mingledorff said:
    There is also a new costume for Noel for FFXIII-2 that you did not list.
    These didn't exist when I did the list. The FF XIII-2 page for the US brought up an error when I looked to check the region availability of the opponent DLC. They must have rectified the problem later.
  • Fadi kunFadi kun390,184
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:27
    sdemon999 said:
    Stuck in there somewhere is the Megaman X suit for Zero in UMVC3. But with all that GCI DLC you'd probably miss it on the list. Good newshounding Punky! :)
    I'm totally getting this!
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke381,393
    Posted on 08 February 12 at 14:36
    Mingledorff said:
    There is also a new costume for Noel for FFXIII-2 that you did not list.
    Where?
    Love classic games? Head right on over - www.youtube.com/LukeHappyFace
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.