Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Bandai Namco's Arcade Game Series Launching April 20th

• KBop a dooKBop a doo341,093
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,652,650
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 19:01
    So, they were nice enough to both make the Xbox 360 versions of these games backwards compatible AND make new Xbox One versions? Good on you, Bandai Namco.
  • InundatedDadInundatedDad209,914
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 19:41
    Fire Hawk D said:So, they were nice enough to both make the Xbox 360 versions of these games backwards compatible AND make new Xbox One versions? Good on you, Bandai Namco.I completed all four 360 versions. I will buy the new One versions for sure.
  • builder dirgebuilder dirge1,382,300
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 20:10
    Hope they all have separate achievement lists. Love Galaga!
    Fear is the element that unites all losers - Motto of the Decepticon Dirge.
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy771,237
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 20:34, Edited on 15 April 16 at 20:56 by bLaKgRaVy
    So in essence they're bringing back XBLA without that name.

Regardless, you have to get Ms. Pac-Man separately. I wonder why they are only releasing 3 of the 4 games in the bundle. Doesn't make much sense if they're all under the same "Bandai Namco classics" banner unless the intention is to eventually add more games.

If the 3-game bundle is $7.99 like Amazon says, then Ms. Pac-Man (and any future games, if any) should only cost at the most $2.99.

builder dirge said:Hope they all have separate achievement lists. Love Galaga!"The classics will support HD resolution and sport new cabinet-style artwork in addition to fresh leaderboards and achievements. They will be available for purchase individually, or bundled in the Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 Pack..."

If they are going to be available individually they will have separate achievement lists.

------
    EDIT - So this is what it says on Amazon:
    "This is a special pack consisting of 3 classic arcade games including PAC-MAN, GALAGA and DIG DUG! Get 3 games for the price of 2!"

So under that assumption, these will cost $3.99 individually. Still cheaper than their XBLA counterparts which cost 400MSP / $5.00.
  • Posted on 15 April 16 at 20:48
    Hopefully they'll add other games as well.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,189,407
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 20:59
    Maybe at some point this console generation will stop re-releasing every bloody game ever made. I've never known so many re-releases. Gaming getting as bad as the film industry recycling the same old shit over and over and over....
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo341,093
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 21:37, Edited on 15 April 16 at 21:45 by KBop a doo
    bLaKgRaVy said:If they are going to be available individually they will have separate achievement lists.

------
    EDIT - So this is what it says on Amazon:
    "This is a special pack consisting of 3 classic arcade games including PAC-MAN, GALAGA and DIG DUG! Get 3 games for the price of 2!"

So under that assumption, these will cost $3.99 individually. Still cheaper than their XBLA counterparts which cost 400MSP / $5.00.
    I was thinking this too, and honestly, if they are full 1,000G achievements lists for each game (which they should be, since everything gets 1,000G now, even indie games, which didn't have achievements at all on Xbox 360), then this is potentially going to be some of the easiest and cheapest gamerscore out there. And fun games to boot.
  • matdanmatdan794,700
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 21:47
    Would prefer they actually made remasters worth doing like their older Ace Combat games but it seems we only get remasters of stuff we already have on the 360.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer21,042,688
    Posted on 15 April 16 at 22:47
    This would been a good add on to my collection. If they did a REAR REPLAY. With 30-50 games in one pack. And have like 7000GS.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Posted on 16 April 16 at 02:33
    GALAGA IS BY FAR ONE OD THE GREATEST ARCADE GAMES EVER.
    I mean the cabinet that you sat in and had "surround sound" and just made you feel special.
    I mean there are so many memories with this game. Fantastic!
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,129,176
    Posted on 16 April 16 at 03:05
    I will be ALL OVER THIS!!!!!!
  • Posted on 16 April 16 at 03:29
    Fuck yeah Dig Dug! :D
    War...war never changes.
  • deathchicken10deathchicken101,194,420
    Posted on 16 April 16 at 15:03
    I predict 250 GS per game, adding up to 1000 for the first four. Then 250 for each subsequent one.
  • Posted on 16 April 16 at 16:26
    NO1KEV said:Maybe at some point this console generation will stop re-releasing every bloody game ever made. I've never known so many re-releases. Gaming getting as bad as the film industry recycling the same old shit over and over and over....I can't help but side with you on this one. I'm an avid fan of retro/ vintage titles, but I find this unnecessary.

So, I can expect a 40 year anniversary in 5 years?
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo259,331
    Posted on 16 April 16 at 20:44
    NO1KEV said:Maybe at some point this console generation will stop re-releasing every bloody game ever made. I've never known so many re-releases. Gaming getting as bad as the film industry recycling the same old shit over and over and over....Hit the nail on the head here! I like older games, but with new technology and consoles should come new games. Even new retro games would be better. I just feel like nobody is really utilising the tech out there.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Darren XBLDarren XBL1,283,457
    Posted on 16 April 16 at 21:53
    The trophy list for Pac Man is separate so hope it's same with the achievements
  • Posted on 17 April 16 at 03:36
    New Pac-Man achievements! Sold.
    Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ729,355
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 08:37, Edited on 17 April 16 at 08:37 by CRZYSPZ
    So should we be expecting Dig Dug to be BC within the next week or two as well?
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,185,323
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 14:50
    So will there be more games added to the series ?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.