Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Review

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,327
  • SpilnerSpilner1,038,570
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 16:09
    Looking forward to seeing even more of their games come over to xbox.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 16 at 16:34
    Good review. I'll probably pick it up on sale.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,668,925
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 17:50
    i played this with my 12 yr old daughter, we had great fun with it and spent a few hours without realising.
    she loved the problem solving and hidden object games and we still have to do the mahjong playthrough which she loves too.
    look forward to this companies other gamesrock
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,774,839
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 17:51
    If you like Hidden-Object Games, this is tailor-made for you.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • capicawlcapicawl742,107
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 18:40
    Definitely was ALOT of backtracking. But it had a solid story that kinda dragged on at the end. Definitely worth it if you like point and click games.
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic534,011
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 19:10
    Nice little review for what appears to be a nice little game. Can't complain about an easy completion, in any case. I will definitely get this when it's on sale. Jyeah.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer21,437,527
    Posted on 17 April 16 at 22:05
    I got this for free from WC on there stream. It fun. But I need to get the 2 last achievements in this game thought.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 16 at 22:54, Edited on 17 April 16 at 22:56 by
    The Walkthrough for this should be published soon. The WT for this was just published. It's a good one. Clear and concise.
  • Posted on 18 April 16 at 02:16
    I always trust Punky's reviews on point and click games because she's well versed in the genre. This might be something I would play down the line, though I have too many games before it, and too little time.
  • Posted on 18 April 16 at 03:34
    Good review, it seems like an interesting game. I might have to pick this one up.
  • ElyohElyoh1,036,248
    Posted on 18 April 16 at 10:16
    Sounds like a game I can play with my wife down the line smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • ukinsproukinspro1,427,422
    Posted on 18 April 16 at 12:45
    I really don't get the interest in these games. I played Sherlock Holmes because it was free, and frankly was bored shitless from start to finish. The Walking Dead, also boring.

You can just read a good book for a fraction of the price and 10 times the story content. Is this the future of gaming? I sincerely hope not.

I look forward to them releasing a epic story of 200 hours+ with no skippable scenes, then see how many rate it highly, compared to a 6 Hour jaunt to 1,000GS.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,774,839
    Posted on 18 April 16 at 20:16
    ukinspro said:You can just read a good book for a fraction of the price and 10 times the story content. Is this the future of gaming? I sincerely hope not.Future of gaming? HOGs have been around for a while now. Nothing new here.

ukinspro said:I look forward to them releasing a epic story of 200 hours+ with no skippable scenes, then see how many rate it highly, compared to a 6 Hour jaunt to 1,000GS.You're completely missing the point. They are fun, because they are short. Not everyone is into 70+ hour RPGs. I bet if you take most games today and gave them an "epic story of 200 hours+ with no skippable scenes", it would be terrible 99% of the time. Would oyu like a 200+ hours story mode in Alan Wake 2? Halo 6? Burnout 6? Portal 3? I certainly wouldn't, and these are all from AAA franchises.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.