The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 19th, 2016

• MaesenkoMaesenko339,193
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 02:06
    These ARE the sales you ere looking for!

All the Season Passes, Never Alone bundle, Infinity Runner, Strider. Glad I get paid Thursday smile.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,297
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 03:03, Edited on 20 April 16 at 03:10 by HolyHalfDead
    Mr Gimpson said:Ereaser NL said:Good thing you don't have to stick to one region when it comes to buying ;)How would one go about this then?For countries with PayPal it is easy, just change the region of your console or xbox.com. For countries that don't support PayPal you will need a valid payment method (not easy) or gift cards.

BTW both the Batman Season Passes are 21% cheaper in Canada (was $40, now $14, and I expect to see it for $10 by the end of the year). You can quickly compare prices here:
    http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/deals/bundle-8162/...
    http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/deals/dlc-3535/leg...
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • AGGT002AGGT002130,685
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 04:03
    Never alone collection and ducktales for me, should keep me busy until the next sale. Also thinking bout lost planet 2 and 3, not sure yet.
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 08:32, Edited on 20 April 16 at 08:34 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    ChewieOnIce said:Seitzz said:Also I believe that the Arkham Knight Season Pass is on sale as well, combined with the price drop a few months ago from $30 to $20 and now this sale, you can nab all the dlc for $14!You are correct sir. I brain farted and missed it. Adding in now!

EDIT: Added - shame other regions are much more overpriced
    Jeez! Yeah I looked and thought £23 for the DLC is more reasonable than its original price, and considered finally getting this game, but compared to the $14 it feels really unfair. $14 is a steal for the DLC.

Still, getting the game plus DLC is about the same price as just the base game was when it first came out now so still tempting..

Also never understood how Destiny's the Taken King DLC alone is roughly the same price as the Destiny main game plus all DLC.
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 08:43
    Would anyone recommend Dragon's Dogma? I don't really know that much about it but i'm itching to play another RPG and the reviews seem quite positive?
  • HoodedOneHoodedOne280,796
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 10:07
    ok question i plan to buy the taken king collectors edt and is it still buy for the 360 and get it also for the one? or was that a limited time deal before
    ~HoodedOne!~ <(^.^<)
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 10:25, Edited on 20 April 16 at 10:29 by HolyHalfDead
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:Also never understood how Destiny's the Taken King DLC alone is roughly the same price as the Destiny main game plus all DLC.This is the reason I am not prepared to buy The Taken King, because they won't sell it on it's own and I already own the other expansions.

HoodedOne said:ok question i plan to buy the taken king collectors edt and is it still buy for the 360 and get it also for the one? or was that a limited time deal beforeIf buying the Xbox 360 Legendary Edition (in fact, the Digital Collector's Edition is cheaper than the Legendary Edition in New Zealand) would get me Taken King for the Xbox One, I would be interested. However I believe Taken King was never cross buy, only Destiny and the first two expansions.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • L4D II JoK3rL4D II JoK3r276,793 276,793 GamerScore
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 10:27
    The price on the Arkham Knight pass is a joke, $13.99 whilst we're paying the same as $33 hardly fair.
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 10:32, Edited on 20 April 16 at 10:37 by HolyHalfDead
    L4D II JoK3r said:The price on the Arkham Knight pass is a joke, $13.99 whilst we're paying the same as $33 hardly fair.That's $13.99 + taxes, and don't forget you can always buy it from Canada where it is only $10.99 + taxes.

However it was £32.79/$40, so £22.95/$33 isn't so bad. As for why goods are cheaper in the US than the UK, I'm not going to go over that again.
  • DonGavlarDonGavlar106,354
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 10:41
    may have to start my farming career
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz648,743
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 11:10
    This sale is the pits. I've got an itchy trigger finger for buying games and I haven't been tempted to buy anything for weeks. my wallets burning!
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,151,288
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 12:33
    How are the achievements in Blood Bowl 2 ? There are no flags and the descriptions are vague.
  • LyzyrdLyzyrd2,091,963
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 13:23
    The completion percentage for Divinity is REALLY low... Is this worth getting?
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 13:37
    Any way to get the American price for the Arkham DLC other than Paypal?
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 14:05
    The Arossalypse said:Would anyone recommend Dragon's Dogma? I don't really know that much about it but i'm itching to play another RPG and the reviews seem quite positive?Absolutely. It's similar to The Elder Scrolls series with a more action-y flair to it. The Pawn system is pretty neat in that you constantly have at least one companion (of your own making) and are able to employ two more to round out your party. What's cool is that your own Pawn can be employed by other people and bring back gifts, knowledge, etc. to your game. I always thought it was cool to see who used my Pawn. The story is a little lacking in presentation/telling, but enough to keep me hooked.

I definitely see it as an overlooked gem. Pick it up!
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 14:05
    YaIrishMick96 said:Any way to get the American price for the Arkham DLC other than Paypal?I believe HolyHa1fDead said that if your country doesn't take PayPal, you'll have to use a valid payment method (not easy) or gift cards.

I think what he means by that is you will need an official form of payment (like a credit card or gift card) from the origin country that you are switching your region to. For example, if you are in England and you switch your Xbox region to US, then you'll have to either have a US credit card or xbox gift card (in US dollars) to purchase the stuff for sale on XBL in USD.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, HolyHa1fDead.)
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 14:29
    Burning Karma said:The Arossalypse said:Would anyone recommend Dragon's Dogma? I don't really know that much about it but i'm itching to play another RPG and the reviews seem quite positive?Absolutely. It's similar to The Elder Scrolls series with a more action-y flair to it. The Pawn system is pretty neat in that you constantly have at least one companion (of your own making) and are able to employ two more to round out your party. What's cool is that your own Pawn can be employed by other people and bring back gifts, knowledge, etc. to your game. I always thought it was cool to see who used my Pawn. The story is a little lacking in presentation/telling, but enough to keep me hooked.

Thanks very much! That's just the sort of thing I was wanting to hear. If its an overlooked gem then I hope I enjoy it as much as the criminally underrated Kingdoms of Amalur, that game was great!
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 14:55
    The Arossalypse said:Burning Karma said:The Arossalypse said:Would anyone recommend Dragon's Dogma? I don't really know that much about it but i'm itching to play another RPG and the reviews seem quite positive?Absolutely. It's similar to The Elder Scrolls series with a more action-y flair to it. The Pawn system is pretty neat in that you constantly have at least one companion (of your own making) and are able to employ two more to round out your party. What's cool is that your own Pawn can be employed by other people and bring back gifts, knowledge, etc. to your game. I always thought it was cool to see who used my Pawn. The story is a little lacking in presentation/telling, but enough to keep me hooked.

Thanks very much! That's just the sort of thing I was wanting to hear. If its an overlooked gem then I hope I enjoy it as much as the criminally underrated Kingdoms of Amalur, that game was great!
    I played both and I enjoyed DD a lot more. Amalur wasn't a bad game by any means, but I got tired of it after a while. I did not tire of DD at all.
  • LightHordyLightHordy745,341
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 16:18
    Burning Karma said:
    The Arossalypse said:
    Burning Karma said:
    The Arossalypse said:
    Would anyone recommend Dragon's Dogma? I don't really know that much about it but i'm itching to play another RPG and the reviews seem quite positive?
    Absolutely. It's similar to The Elder Scrolls series with a more action-y flair to it. The Pawn system is pretty neat in that you constantly have at least one companion (of your own making) and are able to employ two more to round out your party. What's cool is that your own Pawn can be employed by other people and bring back gifts, knowledge, etc. to your game. I always thought it was cool to see who used my Pawn. The story is a little lacking in presentation/telling, but enough to keep me hooked.

I played both and I enjoyed DD a lot more. Amalur wasn't a bad game by any means, but I got tired of it after a while. I did not tire of DD at all.
    I was also interested in DD and I haven't really been into RPG's but Amalur was great, imo. So thanks for the heads up toast
  • burnthelambburnthelamb453,188
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 16:28
    If you are an RPG fan you have to get Dragon's Dogma! Easily one of the 5 best RPGs released for the 360. Maybe top 3!
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads