Game Discussion: Battle Ages Forum

how to beat craggy assult in campaign?

AuthorMessage
RobCougar
RobCougar
Posted on 20 April 16 at 18:53
I have tried a few times in different ways to beat Craggy assault and my men keep attacking everything but the lookout so he kills them all, any suggestions on how to beat this level?
GameTagwastaken
Posted on 20 April 16 at 19:00
I didn't have time to try it out his morning, but I'm pretty sure that you need to research the meteor and direct that at the tower.
RobCougar
RobCougar
Posted on 21 April 16 at 13:52
thks, will try after building money back up, lost most trying failed attempts, ha
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 21 April 16 at 15:43
Yeah, I launched a meteor at the tower then sent all of my troops in from the north. If memory serves I sent them against the northernmost structure so that they would destroy the structures, then the wall, then the tower - then clean up at their leisure.

This may sound stupid, but is there a way to cause your troops to target specific buildings and structures - or do they just wander to the closest ones?
GameTagwastaken
Posted on 21 April 16 at 16:34
They wander to closest ones and attack it until something dies (it or them) and then choose a new target. You can also beat this mission by leveling up to ancient age and adding another tent, giving you 40 troops instead of 20 (or doing both).
MateSpianSVK
MateSpianSVK
Posted on 21 April 16 at 16:47
I have the same problem in campaign 10.. cry
FreebirdX3
FreebirdX3
Posted on 21 April 16 at 17:27, Edited on 21 April 16 at 17:59 by FreebirdX3
eohjay said:This may sound stupid, but is there a way to cause your troops to target specific buildings and structures - or do they just wander to the closest ones?This annoyed me alot before I figured it,.
I have had my bottle of frustration losing battles against other ppl because my F***ing cavemen was hammering stones instead of enemies.
They did not even go where I pointed,bloody hell.

Different troops have different attacking preferences

If you look on info on the troop it often says primary target : anything,some say land and air.

BUT underneath there is more info which I did not know before I researched the chariot,iT specifically says "Focus on defense during the onslaught".
My horse runs automatically for the defense,and the cavemen can do whatever the f they want as long as they help in the end.
The horse works perfect as a tank because of the health.
Was expensive though,but be sure to check out info on each specific troop/spell.

Yesterday I had this going :
You may need 2- 10 battles depending on range of enemy(lvl wise) to rack up say 40 trophies.
If you loose against a higher ranked enemy as I did plenty of times yesterday,you may loose 30-40 trophies in 1 go.
Lost around 300 before I figured out which unit attacked defense.

Im impatient so I attacked whoever I could yesterday trying to get a advantage on other ppl,sure was sweet when you pulled off 20-30 trophies. But I was growing more frustrated everytime I failed cause of these numb heads taking wrong buildings.

Hope you fare better
RobCougar
RobCougar
Posted on 22 April 16 at 14:51
I researched the meteor, and seem dumb to ask but how do you launch it against the tower? when I go to attack it only shows I can use basic or ranged warrior.
GameTagwastaken
Posted on 22 April 16 at 15:52
RobCougar said:I researched the meteor, and seem dumb to ask but how do you launch it against the tower? when I go to attack it only shows I can use basic or ranged warrior.You have to build the henge and recruit it like a troop. I'm sorry I neglected this part--it messed me up too.

EliteGamerSVK said:I have the same problem in campaign 10.. cryFor this one I leveled up to the ancient age and built a second tent. I then researched the chariot. I used 26 grunts, 4 axethrowers, 2 chariots, and a thunderstrike (upgraded meteor). I went all out with these but it wasn't necessary. Just make sure your chariots have some support from the axemen. I started from the bottom left and had the grunts break down the wall and the chariots attacked that tower first. I used two axemen on each side to take out their axemen.
RobCougar
RobCougar
Posted on 22 April 16 at 15:59
Thanks, built the henge info , now have meteor strike, used it on the tower, stupid ax men just run around attacking everything but the tower , so they all get killed, I tried putting them in lower left and they ran around wall to attack stuff on the outside, I will try getting chariot and hope then they attack wall.
GameTagwastaken
Posted on 22 April 16 at 16:15
Try it again, Rob. I was able to get it with four axe throwers as back up. Drop them behind your grunts when they start getting attacked by axethrowers or the tower. Chariot will probably also make quick work of it with the artillery support and grunts to take some damage.
RobCougar
RobCougar
Posted on 23 April 16 at 19:41
Yaa !! meteor on lookout, grunts on top middle, followed by some ax throwers, it worked ! Haven't made chariot next but I will. tks again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.