Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: April 22nd, 2016

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 22 April 16 at 23:43
An arcade blowout

Please click here to read the story: XBL Content Roundup: April 22nd, 2016
Zacca
Zacca
Posted on 23 April 16 at 00:21
PANG!
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 23 April 16 at 00:25
That Dying Light stuff looks cool!
War...war never changes.
Aj6627
Aj6627
Posted on 23 April 16 at 00:44
That 360 Masquerade game isn't an Arcade game.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 23 April 16 at 01:32
CpNx MaYxDaYx said:That Dying Light stuff looks cool!Not cool enough to spend anyone's hard earned money on. I don't know about you but I never spent much time looking at my ride while I was running over zombies.
Nirumano
Nirumano
Posted on 23 April 16 at 02:50
Party Hard seemed interesting until I clicked the store link and saw the photos. Can't stand graphics like that.
Halfblind Cloud
Posted on 23 April 16 at 03:03
Anyone brave enough to start battle ages after battle islands? No thanks
Cloud
lildevilbmxer
lildevilbmxer
Posted on 23 April 16 at 03:07
Everyweek is dead or alive week. How bout perament price cut lol.
achievements its what's for dinner
Detr0itz Pr1nce
Posted on 23 April 16 at 04:53
I guess I'll check the sales next week
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 23 April 16 at 05:47
Halfblind Cloud said:Anyone brave enough to start battle ages after battle islands? No thanksNope.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 23 April 16 at 07:07
anyone knows if Party Hard comes with twitch integration, like it's PC brother?
I got the PC version for 4€ so 12€ seems a bit much for that game
Unknown
Posted on 23 April 16 at 09:44
Am I missing something...uhm...arcade blowout?!? I'm not seeing it, it looks more like an arcade shutdown.

And....Justin Beiber? Really?!?! Out of all the music in the world us Rock Band 4 owners get 3 songs from Beiber!!?!? I'm really dumbfounded...I mean...I know his music sells but so does pretty much everything else. Does Harmonix just not care anymore?

Did April Fool's day come late this year?! Am I dreaming? Did DigDug, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, and Galaga get re-released AGAIN?! What is wrong with the current ports that are backwards compatible from xbox 360? Would it be sacrilege to update those with new achievements and features? I mean, how many times can one purchase Pacman before they lose their mind and end up committing crimes.

Nice to see id@xbox still churning out the junk as usual. Can we get current gen games please? The xbox360 was abandoned for this? THIS? 99% of the games on the goofboxone could run on the xbox360, or the xbox for that matter. How about we get more re-releases, ports, and versions of games we already have played, yeah, that would be nice. It's just too easy to complain anymore, disgruntled with a side of wtf.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 23 April 16 at 10:15
I'm really interested in Party Hard but its just that little too expensive for my liking.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
PrestonPreston
Posted on 23 April 16 at 12:32
CHiLLiONS said:Am I missing something...uhm...arcade blowout?!? I'm not seeing it, it looks more like an arcade shutdown.

And....Justin Beiber? Really?!?! Out of all the music in the world us Rock Band 4 owners get 3 songs from Beiber!!?!? I'm really dumbfounded...I mean...I know his music sells but so does pretty much everything else. Does Harmonix just not care anymore?

Did April Fool's day come late this year?! Am I dreaming? Did DigDug, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, and Galaga get re-released AGAIN?! What is wrong with the current ports that are backwards compatible from xbox 360? Would it be sacrilege to update those with new achievements and features? I mean, how many times can one purchase Pacman before they lose their mind and end up committing crimes.

Nice to see id@xbox still churning out the junk as usual. Can we get current gen games please? The xbox360 was abandoned for this? THIS? 99% of the games on the goofboxone could run on the xbox360, or the xbox for that matter. How about we get more re-releases, ports, and versions of games we already have played, yeah, that would be nice. It's just too easy to complain anymore, disgruntled with a side of wtf.
Jeez, chill out.
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 23 April 16 at 17:37
WARNING: THE PARTY HARD TRIAL AWARDS ACHIEVEMENTS, AND FOR JUST STARTING THE GAME AT THAT. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BUY
Unknown
Posted on 23 April 16 at 17:56, Edited on 23 April 16 at 19:43 by Unknown
PrestonPreston said:Jeez, chill out.lol i feel better now, sorta...well...as good as an arcade blowout can make you feel

WhyattThrash said:WARNING: THE PARTY HARD TRIAL AWARDS ACHIEVEMENTS, AND FOR JUST STARTING THE GAME AT THAT. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BUY...or unless you don't care about completion percentages and just want to try the game and/or pop a free achievement :]
B rizzle098
B rizzle098
Posted on 23 April 16 at 19:59
Not gonna buy Homefront 2 for a while but it sucks that we get charged so much for games in the UK compared to the US as it should be £41.65 to match what it's price is in the US rather than a whopping £54.99 ($79.20)
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 23 April 16 at 20:07
CHiLLiONS said:WhyattThrash said:WARNING: THE PARTY HARD TRIAL AWARDS ACHIEVEMENTS, AND FOR JUST STARTING THE GAME AT THAT. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU PLAN TO BUY...or unless you don't care about completion percentages and just want to try the game and/or pop a free achievement :]YES THAT IS ANOTHER POSSIBILITY
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 23 April 16 at 20:24
lildevilbmxer said:Everyweek is dead or alive week. How bout perament price cut lol.Or make DoA5 free to play and just fire Hayashi.

CHiLLiONS said:Am I missing something...uhm...arcade blowout?!? I'm not seeing it, it looks more like an arcade shutdown.

I count eight(?) digital only Xbox One games, that's more than retail. #retailshutdown(?)

y u mad doe? They have hundreds of songs, you don't need to buy Biebs songs or even acknowledge it exists.

Multiple reasons exist for having them on the current gen.
1. They're easy to port.
2. PS4 doesn't have real BC, so might as well make new versions for both current gens if they're doing for one of them already.
3. Because they can.
4. Because they like money.
5. Do you not understand how the BC process works? It's not so simple to patch games from a decade ago or at the very least not cost effective.
6. Hey, easy 1000GS for the rest of us that will buy them.

Not everyone can work for a AAA studio or would even want to. It's pretty cool that smaller groups of people not in the industry can make the types of games they want and not have to worry about appeasing a board of people in suits that only want games that appease the casual majority.
Burnah Bros
Burnah Bros
Posted on 23 April 16 at 22:57
Good job as always, much appreciated!
Burnah Bros
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.