Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: April 22nd, 2016

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 April 16 at 23:02, Edited on 23 April 16 at 23:03 by
SC07CHED ICE said:Not gonna buy Homefront 2 for a while but it sucks that we get charged so much for games in the UK compared to the US as it should be £41.65 to match what it's price is in the US rather than a whopping £54.99 ($79.20)Almost $100 in Aus. God it really is getting ridiculous buying games
Unknown
Posted on 25 April 16 at 02:07, Edited on 25 April 16 at 02:10 by Unknown
mcnichoj said:6. Hey, easy 1000GS for the rest of us that will buy them.
you forgot the part that says over and over and over....

I'm pretty sure that XBLA pertains to the 360 only as there is no XBLA on the xbone, XBLA on xbone is not a thing in other words. Seeing as how there is only one XBLA game on that list (singular), what I said makes sense no matter how much you might want to think it doesn't.

What I understand is that people are being sold lower quality and re-sold old products in an attempt for companies to make money, that comes with consequences. Now making money is not the problem, that is all well and good. Why I'm mad is that companies and corporations try to take advantage of me as a consumer by selling me garbage. (xbone? another pacman port? brokeband 4?) At this rate my love of gaming will be destroyed by my distaste for cutthroat capitalism and disrespectful business tactics. The xbox360 is being abandoned, not outdone...the xbla ports of many classics work just fine and because of BC they can continue to be sold to current gen customers. Abandoning them is a choice, it is not because of technical limitations.

How could I act like the beiber songs don't exist when I payed $300 for rockband and every time I enter the in game DLC store they throw the newest songs in my grill first thing? It's not just beiber either though. The bigger issue is with the constant lack of decent music because either Harmonix is too cheap to pay for the licensing (the most likely scenario considering they contracted madkatz to make their gear and the game is glitchy/broken) or many artists are charging loot piles to license music (more unlikely, metallica will license fuel to anyone with a roll of quarters). The rockband series on x360 didn't have this problem and there is no reason why rockband on current gen systems should be below par, especially when the x360 versions are vastly superior and an obvious upgrade from the crap they are shoveling to consumers now.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 25 April 16 at 08:49
What on Earth are they doing releasing Justin Bieber tracks on Rock Band!? Surely that's a massive contradiction.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
S P 4 C E Y
S P 4 C E Y
Posted on 25 April 16 at 11:26
No MP in Homefront 2 other than CO-OP I believe...

What a waste. I loved the MP in the first game...
Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 25 April 16 at 11:42
S P 4 C E Y said:No MP in Homefront 2 other than CO-OP I believe...

What a waste. I loved the MP in the first game...
MP was ok, but a pain to complete if you wanted 100%
i am actually glad if it only comes with coop
Parsnipnose3000
Posted on 25 April 16 at 18:51
I am wondering.... do pac-man, ms pac man and Galaga count as new games? E.G are they actually Xbox One games with new achievements, or if I already own them on the 360/XB1 BC and have all 200GS on each one, will there be no achievement related benefit to getting them?
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 26 April 16 at 17:37
Parsnipnose3000 said:I am wondering.... do pac-man, ms pac man and Galaga count as new games? E.G are they actually Xbox One games with new achievements, or if I already own them on the 360/XB1 BC and have all 200GS on each one, will there be no achievement related benefit to getting them?yes they do, which of course means they have my money! $4 each but you can 3 for $8. so all 4 for $12. not a bad price, comparable to a phone game.

Arcade Game Series Series
Signal24Code20
Posted on 01 May 16 at 02:52
Anyone know if Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom is made by the same people as made DeathSpank? Game doesn't look to bad, graphics look similar to DeathSpank... really miss those games.
Thin Blue Line
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.