Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

TA Top Five: Respawns

AuthorMessage
Facial La Fleur
Facial La Fleur
Posted on 24 April 16 at 23:52
LJParnell said:What about Prey, where you had to fight your way back to life in the other realm (or whatever it was).+1
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 25 April 16 at 01:49
Shadow 00 Fox said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:GtechApocalypse said:Really hope they start doing these lists again I missed them. Overall not a bad list.We have several ideas in mind, and we'll routinely mix them into our Sundays in the coming weeks and months, along with op-eds, ICYMI pieces (formerly Easter Eggs), and a few other ideas we have in mind as well. If anyone has any Top 5 ideas they'd like to see implemented, please feel free to PM me. If we haven't already covered it, we may add your idea to the list.ICYMI=?
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
In case you missed it, it stands for In Case You Missed It.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
PARAcain
PARAcain
Posted on 25 April 16 at 02:35
Amazing list (: I figured bioshock would be on here
~ King Para
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 25 April 16 at 05:51
Elyoh said:In case you missed it, it stands for In Case You Missed It.laugh
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 25 April 16 at 06:50
Elyoh said:In case you missed it, it stands for In Case You Missed It.Yodawg. laugh
"You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 25 April 16 at 08:58
PharaohsForce said:scotwolf2 said:Apocalypse Kane said:Too Human, unforgettable! laughthat was my thoughts exactly....i saw Valhalla too oftenrockAh, the Valkyrie coming down from yonder Valhalla in Too Human. Fond memories of dying 100 times and watching the absurdly long death animation. laughToo human would be top of the list for WORST death animations.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 25 April 16 at 09:03
Stevo6483 said:PharaohsForce said:scotwolf2 said:Apocalypse Kane said:Too Human, unforgettable! laughthat was my thoughts exactly....i saw Valhalla too oftenrockAh, the Valkyrie coming down from yonder Valhalla in Too Human. Fond memories of dying 100 times and watching the absurdly long death animation. laughToo human would be top of the list for WORST death animations.Let's just be thankful FromSoftware didn't take inspiration from Too Human for death animations in the Souls series laugh
S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
KILL KR4ZY
KILL KR4ZY
Posted on 25 April 16 at 09:32
Elyoh said:In case you missed it, it stands for In Case You Missed It.You just won, everything, ever . . . clap
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 25 April 16 at 10:03
BlackxRyan said:The respawns of Sunset Overdrive are awesome.this! how is this not even in the honorable mentions?! shock
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
Vermin360
Vermin360
Posted on 25 April 16 at 10:56
The Too Human death animation was actually put in place instead of a "LOADING" screen. If it were removed, you still would have had to wait the same amount of time.
We don't stop playing because we get old; we grow old because we stop playing.
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 25 April 16 at 11:01
FuzzedUpCookie said:BlackxRyan said:The respawns of Sunset Overdrive are awesome.this! how is this not even in the honorable mentions?! shockIt was the first one. shock
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
bennjjee
bennjjee
Posted on 25 April 16 at 11:46
I agree with those who have mentioned Assassin's Creed desynchronization.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 April 16 at 12:20
In Hydro Thunder Hurricane, when your boat explodes the magic of glue and sellotape works right before your eyes and sticks your boat back together in an instant.

Not that I encourage crashing Hydro Thunder boats.
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
spikeylizard
spikeylizard
Posted on 25 April 16 at 12:36
respawn's on the batman series always make me laugh but especially on arkham knight with Mark Hamell's joker being truely insane at times smile
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 25 April 16 at 16:21
PharaohsForce said:scotwolf2 said:Apocalypse Kane said:Too Human, unforgettable! laughthat was my thoughts exactly....i saw Valhalla too oftenrockAh, the Valkyrie coming down from yonder Valhalla in Too Human. Fond memories of dying 100 times and watching the absurdly long death animation. laughWhen I saw the article Too Human was the first thing that came to mind. I guess it didn't make the list because sitting through the death animation gets really annoying... but it is unforgettable.
CrAzEdCaNuCk18
Posted on 25 April 16 at 17:46
Facial La Fleur said:LJParnell said:What about Prey, where you had to fight your way back to life in the other realm (or whatever it was).+1I thought the same thing when I saw the list.
ButtersStayUgly
Posted on 25 April 16 at 21:11
Not 100% sure it would count as a respawn but the animations in the Arkham games when you die were always something I enjoyed.
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 25 April 16 at 22:22
I have to say, lazy list!

Sunset Overdrive is clearly the winner but hey, Bioshock is a much bigger game right. Gotta get dem bills paid.

Dark Souls series should have been on the list due to the fact you literally cannot die, you are constantly respawned.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 25 April 16 at 23:46
What bills? laugh
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 26 April 16 at 02:46
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:ICYMI pieces (formerly Easter Eggs), That's a shame. My favourite part of Easter Eggs was everyone in the comments complaining about the use of the term "Easter Eggs". laugh
Posting from sunny Australia.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.