The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 26th, 2016

AuthorMessage
Lazy with Style
Posted on 27 April 16 at 08:49
Too bad that I already got AC Rogue and AC Liberation on PS3 winter sale.

What I really want for Xbox 360 is a discount for the ACIII Season Pass. It's 28,50 Euro regular price in my country, way too much. When I saw the AC picture in the DwG section of the dashboard yesterday, I was excited but they only give discounts on the AC games once in a while. I would like to finish ACIII 100% some day, only missing the DLC, but not for this price...
Better call Saul... or Mike Ehrmantraut :D
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 27 April 16 at 09:01
Nothing for me thanks.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 27 April 16 at 09:02, Edited on 27 April 16 at 09:10 by HolyHalfDead
Mike3hrmantraut said:What I really want for Xbox 360 is a discount for the ACIII Season Pass. It's 28,50 Euro regular price in my country, way too much. When I saw the AC picture in the DwG section of the dashboard yesterday, I was excited but they only give discounts on the AC games once in a while. I would like to finish ACIII 100% some day, only missing the DLC, but not for this price...It's so old and has been on sale so many times already, you are unlikely to see it on sale again. Your best bet would be to pick up the AC3 "GOTYE" (although I got all the DLC in a very cheap copy of the 5 game Anthology).

DrSchlepenstein said:I feel the same way. I bought AC Chronicles China for $2.99 off Amazon during Black Friday, I don't want the bundle of all 3 when I already have 1 of them.Don't you think they know this. The big discount on China is the same as Kings Quest Ep1 going free, it was to get people playing it. However, they have discounted the bundle enough so that even people who already have China still save money. If India and Russia were in the sale so soon after release, they would only be 10%-15% off anyway, just like Hitman is. If you wait a year I'm sure you will see the bundle for 50% off. So it will be $12.50 for India + Russia, instead of the $17.50 it is this week.

People should know by now, that just because you can pick up a $50 game for $10, it doesn't mean the publisher will reduce the $50 Season Pass to $25. Instead they will put the game on sale for $25 and the bundle on sale for $50.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 27 April 16 at 10:10
BionicTriforce said:Hm, darn, I already have AC: China. The bundle would only save me like, two dollars compared to buying Russia and India individually. Not worth it yet.Absolutely agree!!!! Unfortunately this is the strategy that uses M$ nowadays. The trick in these cases should be not to buy the games separately but to wait for the whole bundle to be on sale

This is really sad. For me, this means just one thing. M$ does not care about their costumers but for the money
Lazy with Style
Posted on 27 April 16 at 10:26, Edited on 27 April 16 at 10:32 by Lazy with Style
HolyHa1fDead said:It's so old and has been on sale so many times already, you are unlikely to see it on sale again. Your best bet would be to pick up the AC3 "GOTYE" (although I got all the DLC in a very cheap copy of the 5 game Anthology).I didn't know that there is a GOTY edition for ACIII on Xbox 360. At least I could not find anything on amazon/ebay. There seems to be a Special editon which includes bonus content but not the DLC with achievements. Then there is the Washington Edition which seems to include the Season Pass but only as DLC codes. So no cheap used copy here... And the Anthology is between 40-120 Euro in my country, no thanks :). If you know anything about a GOTY edition, could you please provide a link? That would be great. In any case I try to find the DLC on disc. The Wasington Edition still seems to be the best bet.

EDIT: Just discovered in amazon comments that DLC codes on Wahsington Edition expired by 31/12/2013 and are no longer valid... I am obviously too late, what a shame...
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 27 April 16 at 10:30
HolyHa1fDead said:Don't you think they know this. The big discount on China is the same as Kings Quest Ep1 going free, it was to get people playing it. However, they have discounted the bundle enough so that even people who already have China still save money. If India and Russia were in the sale so soon after release, they would only be 10%-15% off anyway, just like Hitman is. If you wait a year I'm sure you will see the bundle for 50% off. So it will be $12.50 for India + Russia, instead of the $17.50 it is this week.

People should know by now, that just because you can pick up a $50 game for $10, it doesn't mean the publisher will reduce the $50 Season Pass to $25. Instead they will put the game on sale for $25 and the bundle on sale for $50.
Probably you are right, but this does not mean that this is not fair from the Publisher.

Why I should pay for 3 games when I already have one of them? The bundle sale is really fine for those who haven't bought any of the 3 games. Sincerely, saving 2.49 $ buying this bundle instead of buying just the two remaining games is ridiculous for me. Ubisoft should put on sale the games alone at least 15% off, but money is money

Another example is Outlast. They put on sale the base game, then released the DLC and put on sale the bundle but never, never, never the DLC. Why? It is obvious
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 27 April 16 at 10:48
Mike3hrmantraut said:HolyHa1fDead said:It's so old and has been on sale so many times already, you are unlikely to see it on sale again. Your best bet would be to pick up the AC3 "GOTYE" (although I got all the DLC in a very cheap copy of the 5 game Anthology).I didn't know that there is a GOTY edition for ACIII on Xbox 360. At least I could not find anything on amazon/ebay. There seems to be a Special editon which includes bonus content but not the DLC with achievements. Then there is the Washington Edition which seems to include the Season Pass but only as DLC codes. So no cheap used copy here... And the Anthology is between 40-120 Euro in my country, no thanks :). If you know anything about a GOTY edition, could you please provide a link? That would be great. In any case I try to find the DLC on disc. The Wasington Edition still seems to be the best bet.

EDIT: Just discovered in amazon comments that DLC codes on Wahsington Edition expired by 31/12/2013 and are no longer valid... I am obviously too late, what a shame...
I also could not find it.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 27 April 16 at 10:48, Edited on 27 April 16 at 11:18 by HolyHalfDead
Mike3hrmantraut said:Then there is the Washington Edition which seems to include the Season Pass but only as DLC codes. So no cheap used copy here... And the Anthology is between 40-120 Euro in my country, no thanks :). If you know anything about a GOTY edition, could you please provide a link? That would be great. In any case I try to find the DLC on disc. The Wasington Edition still seems to be the best bet.

The "GOTY/Complete" edition has different names depending on region, such as Revolution Edition or Washington Edition. I didn't know the codes had an expiry, which is pretty dumb as codes don't need to expire.

I found it for $30 in Canada - http://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20360/Games/316192
and $89 in New Zealand - http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-3-was...

As for Anthology, I paid about 46 Euros, which I still consider very cheap for 5 games and all DLC, but it only makes sense if you don't already own some or all of the games. I've just checked and none of the codes in the Anthology have an expiry date, including the AC3 season pass.

I also checked the sale history. The add-ons have been on sale on their own a couple of times for 50% off, most recently 9th December 2013 - http://xbldb.com/offers/006-1e2. The Season Pass has been on sale twice at 33% off, then 50% off 9th June 2015 - http://xbldb.com/offers/005-a9a, so just maybe it will go on sale once more in 2016.

Good luck with your hunt for a cheaper alternative, but you may just have to pay the asking price for these add-ons.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 27 April 16 at 11:22
HolyHa1fDead said:Mike3hrmantraut said:Then there is the Washington Edition which seems to include the Season Pass but only as DLC codes. So no cheap used copy here... And the Anthology is between 40-120 Euro in my country, no thanks :). If you know anything about a GOTY edition, could you please provide a link? That would be great. In any case I try to find the DLC on disc. The Wasington Edition still seems to be the best bet.

The "GOTY/Complete" edition has different names depending on region, such as Revolution Edition or Washington Edition. I didn't know the codes had an expiry, which is pretty dumb as codes don't need to expire.

I found it for a bargin $30 in Canada - http://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20360/Games/316192
and not such a bargin $89 in New Zealand - http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-3-was...
I don't believe they released the complete edition for AC3 in the UK (or at least only a very limited run).

I was about to get them full price then got lucky that the June 2015 sale popped up right before I did
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 27 April 16 at 11:35, Edited on 27 April 16 at 11:46 by HolyHalfDead
Pare ESP said:Why I should pay for 3 games when I already have one of them? The bundle sale is really fine for those who haven't bought any of the 3 games. Sincerely, saving 2.49 $ buying this bundle instead of buying just the two remaining games is ridiculous for me. Ubisoft should put on sale the games alone at least 15% off, but money is money15% off would still be $17 for both. We can't really expect to see a game that has only been out 2 months getting a 25% or greater discount, it wouldn't be fair to the people who have only just paid full price for it.

Assuming you have China, it works out as $8.75 for a 2 month old game, which seems like a fair price to me. If you don't have China, then it's more like $7.50 for Russia and India and $2.50 for China. So what you are objecting to is paying an extra $1.25 per game over those people that don't already have China.

I also own China and right now I'm not sure if I am trying to talk myself in to or out of buying this laugh. If I add the $2.50 I paid for China to the $17.50, then $20 means I've still made a 33% saving over waiting to buy it on disc for $30.
YaIrishMick96
YaIrishMick96
Posted on 27 April 16 at 12:25
Need someones honest opinion here. Is it worth getting HITMAN now while it's down a bit in price and waiting for the content to release.

Not a fan of this release (AT ALL!! angry) but i love this series so should i?
One does not simply stop playing xbox
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 27 April 16 at 12:39, Edited on 27 April 16 at 12:42 by Pare ESP
HolyHa1fDead said:15% off would still be $17 for both. We can't really expect to see a game that has only been out 2 months getting a 25% or greater discount, it wouldn't be fair to the people who have only just paid full price for it.

Assuming you have China, it works out as $8.75 for a 2 month old game, which seems like a fair price to me. If you don't have China, then it's more like $7.50 for Russia and India and $2.50 for China. So what you are objecting to is paying an extra $1.25 per game over those people that don't already have China.

I also own China and right now I'm not sure if I am trying to talk myself in to or out of buying this laugh. If I add the $2.50 I paid for China to the $17.50, then $20 means I've still made a 33% saving over waiting to buy it on disc for $30.
Yes I have China. cry

They are making 30% off for the bundle that is also 2 months old, so if they are doing this on the bundle they could do perfectly at least 15-20 off in the games separately. I understand you but it is also not fair for the people who have only just paid full price for the bundle, but they are doing it.

They could give the change to buy the individual games cheaper to people that are missing any of the three games and not force to buy the bundle. For me (that I have China) paying 19.98$ for Russia and India or paying 17.49$ for the bundle makes no difference. I mean, at that price I can buy India and Russia anytime and no need to wait to buy them in the sale bundle

I bought China at 50% off which means I paid 5$. If I buy now the bundle I am paying in total 5 + 17.49 = 22.49$ (saving 2.5$ of the real cost of the bundle).

I am sure they will put the bundle 50% off in the future, so I will buy at that moment. Until then I will wait wink
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:06
xPut Name Herex said:I wonder if AC Rogue would go GwG. It seems like a likely candidate as Ubisoft has been pretty regular in having a game be part of that program, but the whole "must be backwards compatible on the One" part might end up knocking it from the equation as it is an older game and might not be as easy for the emulator.Did you mean "Newer game"? Rouge came out the same time Unity came out on the one.

That being said I hope it doesn't go gold because I just 100% it headspin trying to get the 360 games that I have on disc and are not BC yet completed
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:22
NickHawkeye said:xPut Name Herex said:I wonder if AC Rogue would go GwG. It seems like a likely candidate as Ubisoft has been pretty regular in having a game be part of that program, but the whole "must be backwards compatible on the One" part might end up knocking it from the equation as it is an older game and might not be as easy for the emulator.Did you mean "Newer game"? Rouge came out the same time Unity came out on the one.......
facepalmfacepalmfacepalm

My brain thought it was opposite day there, clearly.
Lazy with Style
Posted on 27 April 16 at 19:44
HolyHa1fDead said:The "GOTY/Complete" edition has different names depending on region, such as Revolution Edition or Washington Edition. I didn't know the codes had an expiry, which is pretty dumb as codes don't need to expire.

As for Anthology, I paid about 46 Euros, which I still consider very cheap for 5 games and all DLC, but it only makes sense if you don't already own some or all of the games. I've just checked and none of the codes in the Anthology have an expiry date, including the AC3 season pass.

Good luck with your hunt for a cheaper alternative, but you may just have to pay the asking price for these add-ons.
Yeah thats really an issue with the codes. All the people in the amazon comments are complaining as well. Why still sale the Washington/GOTY edition to a higher price than the Standard edition when the codes already expired? This is like fraud. The Anthology is nothing for me for the reasons you already stated. I got AC I-III with DwG over time and IV with GwG. But somehow I skipped the Season Pass for III (and for IV as well but extra DLC with achievements was "only" 12 bucks in total in IV so it was OK here).

Then it will probably be 1000G in the main game for me and no DLC achievements unless Season Pass gets another discount (which is not likely) or I cave into paying the 30 bucks (which is not likely as well - lol :)).
Strategy One
Strategy One
Posted on 27 April 16 at 19:57
Not that great of sales.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 28 April 16 at 03:15
if rogue was bc people would pick it up for sure bad move on that one ms
I will walk the line of stability carefully as I stare at my ever growing backlog.
aka Kryptonian
Posted on 28 April 16 at 06:20
theonlydragonsi said:I hate it when they do bundles I want the season pass for syndicate but I have the game :/I hate the bundles as well since they never seem to put the individual extras on sale.

I gave up trying to keep up with the Assassin's Creed franchise but I may finally buy Rogue. It would be nice to see more from the Templar side of things.
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
Xandler
Xandler
Posted on 28 April 16 at 12:26
I was JUST looking at the price of farming simulator the other week cause I thought it would be cheap...it wasn't. Glad it's on sale cause I just picked it up....easy 1k GS increase!
Elite1111111111
Posted on 28 April 16 at 16:55
I feel like it's happening way too often now where developers put the game pretty cheap (or in King's Quest free) hoping people will still fork out for the DLC. I used to buy the season passes for games solely for achievements but of course as soon as I get better about holding off they never go on sale =P
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.