Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Five New Titles Available For Backwards Compatability

• SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,349,003
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 11:16
    James12183 said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:More RPGs as BC pls.....DA, Mass Effect, Borderlands, KOA, Fallout New Vegas, Diablo, etc etc.Seeing as they released Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on the Xbox One I doubt they are even considering making Diablo 3 backwards compatible.Nonsense, many games are BC even if they are on the One, while it could not be a priority, it makes sense to make these games BC.
  • DoctorDani13DoctorDani13272,329
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 13:00
    YES! I'll probably go back and get the rest of my achievements for The Cave now. :-D
    The past is a foreign country, where we are only visitors.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye195,911
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 13:49
    Maelstorm95 said:Although people think these arent big games. I like how they are bringing the smaller arcade games. Havent completed comix but now I will with this. I hope they continue bringing the smaller games.

And to be honest, any game they bring back is good. Even if I dont have it, the more the merrier
    I agree

as for the games though I have heard terrible things about sanctum of slime
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,647,431
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 13:57
    Guessing the bigger games are having the bigger framerate issues, hence the retros being released first.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,441
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:01
    I for one am happy to see these old classics becoming BC. I am looking forward to firing them with my brother and playing some old school. These are also cheap, easy games that were already emulated for 360. So converting to XB1 is probably easier for these titles.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Also an XBLA completion addict and Terraria Master.
  • JamesGames83JamesGames83549,313
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:03
    The Cave is a very cool, fun little game. Check it out if you get a chance
    JBB
  • Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:05
    mcnichoj said:DeadlyName007 said:Activision has finishedActivision didn't finish shit. It's all MS that does the emulation coding.
    Dozens of potential reasons exist for why a game isn't released to the public.
    -They're still testing stuff
    -A glitch or bug may still be present (imagine all the shit MS would get if a players console, profile or save got messed up)
    -They're waiting for the right opportunity (gotta avoid those game droughts)
    Activision's part is done, it's all up to MSFT to put this game in BC, my point is that people should blame MSFT for these promised titles.
  • s3bb86s3bb86508,127
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 14:20
    KFuryMaggh said:ME 2 and 3 please!oh yes, I bought a used copy of ME 2 cheap when ME 1 was announced to be BC.
    Bayern Munich Supporter and NBA Junkie
  • Crater BobCrater Bob369,980
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 16:37
    Smith of Blades said:who votes for this TrashI hear ya on that one, it's some stupid forum on Xbox's website regarding Backwards Compatibility, and the stupidest games are getting voted in.

Personally, I'd like to see CoD Modern Warfare Series and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection get in there, those would be great to stream on Twitch, but Microsoft is sitting there with their dick in their hand with all the idiots voting troll games into the program.
    Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • Strategy OneStrategy One685,412
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 19:34
    The Cave good? Looks interesting.
  • Smash fan963Smash fan963255,671
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 20:06
    In unrelated news, if you have Sonics Genesis/Mega Drive Collection, you can get Golden Axe and Sonic 1-3 installed.
  • TechnoTomatoTechnoTomato628,117
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 20:14
    Don't currently own any of these so nothing really for me here :(
    We're all mad here...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,032
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 23:39
    I like to see XBox Live titles being made available for the X1. Altered Beast and Comix Zone are a couple of classics IMHO.
  • SmithtaculaRSmithtaculaR333,110
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 23:41
    Crater79 said:Smith of Blades said:who votes for this TrashI hear ya on that one, it's some stupid forum on Xbox's website regarding Backwards Compatibility, and the stupidest games are getting voted in.

Personally, I'd like to see CoD Modern Warfare Series and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection get in there, those would be great to stream on Twitch, but Microsoft is sitting there with their dick in their hand with all the idiots voting troll games into the program.
    I just want some decent titles
    that aren't Arcade and that I haven't already completed haha
    [URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/Smith+of+Blades.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Smith+of+Blades.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Posted on 28 April 16 at 00:08
    Smith of Blades said:Crater79 said:Smith of Blades said:who votes for this TrashI hear ya on that one, it's some stupid forum on Xbox's website regarding Backwards Compatibility, and the stupidest games are getting voted in.

I just want some decent titles
    that aren't Arcade and that I haven't already completed haha
    Considering the laser reader in my 360 is going south, and it won't let me play Modern Warfare 1 & 2, not to mention my Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, I'd really like to get those and Modern Warfare 3 approved to the BCG list so I could play them on my X1, especially disc 1 of MGSHDC so I can finish 1000'ing it.

As well, my 007 titles don't work, so those would be nice. And Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 as well.
    Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • Posted on 28 April 16 at 12:30
    I keep hoping to see Fallout: New Vegas as a BC title. I have yet to play that one...
  • GrantX360GrantX360216,025
    Posted on 28 April 16 at 15:54
    People in this thread that keep saying "I cant believe they spent money to bring these games". The emulator runs games like Fallout 3, Dark Souls, Halo Reach, Dead Space and Gears Of War. Not to mention Alan Wake. As I believe the Mega Drive/Genesis game were released as emulated ROMS anyway I would presume all the Mega Drive games pretty much work and very little testing is needed. In fact nowadays I would imagine given the versatility of the games out most games will run.

Personally I want to see SEGA games like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Sonic Gens and Sonic Racing Transformed. Seeing as SEGA seem pretty on-board with BC I assume they are all round the corner. Also really want to see FarCry 3 (Never finished it). Rayman Legends (Never finished it) and COD4 (Never completed on Vet) although the recent remake seems to make that unlikely now. Forza Horizon would be great too!
    Posted on 28 April 16 at 16:07
    GrantX360 said:People in this thread that keep saying "I cant believe they spent money to bring these games". The emulator runs games like Fallout 3, Dark Souls, Halo Reach, Dead Space and Gears Of War. Not to mention Alan Wake. As I believe the Mega Drive/Genesis game were released as emulated ROMS anyway I would presume all the Mega Drive games pretty much work and very little testing is needed. In fact nowadays I would imagine given the versatility of the games out most games will run.

Personally I want to see SEGA games like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Sonic Gens and Sonic Racing Transformed. Seeing as SEGA seem pretty on-board with BC I assume they are all round the corner. Also really want to see FarCry 3 (Never finished it). Rayman Legends (Never finished it) and COD4 (Never completed on Vet) although the recent remake seems to make that unlikely now. Forza Horizon would be great too!
    Yeah, the SGC was emulated to run on 360 hardware, but they have to re-code it to run on X1, that's the idea when they make these games backwards-compatible.
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid537,345
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 04:54
    FInally! Was waiting for the Cave to go on the backcomp list. Time to play it from the comfort of my PC :)
  • Posted on 29 April 16 at 06:11
    Ohhhh cmon! What a shitload of bc games. Where is Ninja Gaiden?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.