Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

Multi-Genre System Update

AuthorMessage
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 20 February 19 at 17:14
halohogg said:
Vitiated1 said:
I built leaderboards for Bull Sports and Motocross. Pretty much every "Sports" genre (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc) is hidden on the genre list because they are usually self-explanatory and take up too much space due to how plentiful they are. We still build leaderboards if there are enough games for them so people can track what they want, but we keep them hidden from the main definitions page to avoid unnecessary clutter.
Did you just add Motocross to the Genre Filter like yesterday after my comment? Because I swear it has not been there ever before.
I did, I never realized before that these genres didn't have boards or filters.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 21 February 19 at 14:27
Vitiated1 said:
halohogg said:
Vitiated1 said:
I built leaderboards for Bull Sports and Motocross. Pretty much every {#}Sports{#} genre (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc) is hidden on the genre list because they are usually self-explanatory and take up too much space due to how plentiful they are. We still build leaderboards if there are enough games for them so people can track what they want, but we keep them hidden from the main definitions page to avoid unnecessary clutter.
Did you just add Motocross to the Genre Filter like yesterday after my comment? Because I swear it has not been there ever before.
I did, I never realized before that these genres didn't have boards or filters.
It was mentioned before - just not addressed at the time. Stuff happens.
Genre definition discussion
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 22 March 19 at 14:21
Perhaps the voting will suss this out, and I'm sure it was put there just because of the developer's past, but Sekiro is not an RPG like the other Souls games.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 23 March 19 at 13:53
You’re right but it’s not so crystal clear. I expect voting will call it an RPG and the genre team will leave it though. You might as well start working on it now.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 24 March 19 at 00:55, Edited on 24 March 19 at 00:56 by Za Pantsupati
Haha, I like that. "You're right... but the system will fail us anyway."

Anyway, it's basically a Darksiders situation where it's more akin to a Zelda/Metroidvania where the progression is locked behind gaining specific equipment as opposed to leveling and stat-based gear (of which there is none - as well as no classes). The developers themselves have said it is an action-adventure game and not an RPG, though I know the team doesn't listen to that either.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 24 March 19 at 02:02
It’s got experience, crafting and skill trees. It’s gonna be enough. Like I said, get started now haha.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.